[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson

michp23

:wacko:

I think the bigger concern is how long will the injury nag on him ... RBs with injured leg muscles (hammy, quad, calf) aren't very effective. I don't think you have to look too many years back to see how a bum leg bothered SJax all year long. As long as Caddy is healthy and productive I think STL would be better served allowing SJax to rest/heal.

I think the bigger concern is how long will the injury nag on him ... RBs with injured leg muscles (hammy, quad, calf) aren't very effective. I don't think you have to look too many years back to see how a bum leg bothered SJax all year long. As long as Caddy is healthy and productive I think STL would be better served allowing SJax to rest/heal.

This is spot on. I've owned this guy at least two years and it's the same thing every year. If you drafted SJax, you better know to get his backup as a handcuff. Same goes with Addai and a couple others. This won't be the last game where he can't play this year.

This is spot on. I've owned this guy at least two years and it's the same thing every year. If you drafted SJax, you better know to get his backup as a handcuff. Same goes with Addai and a couple others. This won't be the last game where he can't play this year.

Jackson started all 16 games in 2010, FYI

He's actually been pretty durable as far as RB's go.

Hey Double Agent, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't waste your time posting cus I wasted mine reading your response.

I would like to think, and so would the original poster, the possibility of a STL homer reading this would be pretty good and quite possibly helpful.

Like the fact that Lance Moore was on local radio yesterday and seemed pretty optimistic about playing this weekend. Granted he didn't say the words "I'm playing". I'm sure he's not allowed to say what his actual status is just yet but it's news worthy.

Hey Double Agent, if you don't have anything constructive to say, don't waste your time posting cus I wasted mine reading your response.

I would like to think, and so would the original poster, the possibility of a STL homer reading this would be pretty good and quite possibly helpful.

Like the fact that Lance Moore was on local radio yesterday and seemed pretty optimistic about playing this weekend. Granted he didn't say the words "I'm playing". I'm sure he's not allowed to say what his actual status is just yet but it's news worthy.

A player saying he is optimisitic in playing during a radio interview is equivalent to Double Agent post.

I love nOObs. If that seemingly soft response by a tenured member rubbed ya the wrong way, you got a long ways to go kiddo.

How long did it take you to read my response? Because if you're a slow reader then I kind of feel bad.

Last thing I saw SJax wasn't even practicing. So until that happens any timetable is just a guess. But I doubt he plays this week.

Jackson started all 16 games in 2010, FYI

He's actually been pretty durable as far as RB's go.

Thanks Noob. Not just talking about 2010 which would not represent the consistency I was referring to. The guy has never played 17 games. Total games played since 2004....

04 - 14

05 - 15

06 - 16

07 - 12

08 - 12

09 - 15

10 - 16

That also doesn't show the games where he's got the stat line for having played but was basically useless. If you've been doing this for as long as I have, you'd know that you can count on him missing some time during the season which was my whole point. Since you have to use your second or third pick to get him, it means you need him to help carry a significant portion of your team points. If you get a guy that historically misses several games a year and has ongoing hammy problems or whatever that prevent him from being 100 percent, you need to get his backup as a handcuff if possible so that WHEN it happens, you'll already be covered and aren't left scrambling.

But again, thanks for helping me out. I'm new at this.

Thanks Noob. Not just talking about 2010 which would not represent the consistency I was referring to. The guy has never played 17 games. Total games played since 2004....

04 - 14

05 - 15

06 - 16

07 - 12

08 - 12

09 - 15

10 - 16

That also doesn't show the games where he's got the stat line for having played but was basically useless. If you've been doing this for as long as I have, you'd know that you can count on him missing some time during the season which was my whole point. Since you have to use your second or third pick to get him, it means you need him to help carry a significant portion of your team points. If you get a guy that historically misses several games a year and has ongoing hammy problems or whatever that prevent him from being 100 percent, you need to get his backup as a handcuff if possible so that WHEN it happens, you'll already be covered and aren't left scrambling.

But again, thanks for helping me out. I'm new at this.

For what it's worth, I hardly thought my comment was in any way argumentative, so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I guess I didn't realize there were so many quality RB's who have started 16 games a season for years on end. I apoligize for my ignorance.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

For what it's worth, I hardly thought my comment was in any way argumentative, so I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I guess I didn't realize there were so many quality RB's who have started 16 games a season for years on end. I apoligize for my ignorance.

Much less 17 games in a season! :wacko:

People can be a little sensitive in this forum. Don't take it personally.

People can be a little sensitive in this forum. Don't take it personally.

Don't worry I didn't. I've been a Huddle subscriber for several years and never paid much attention to the forums until I signed up last month. Funny how I must be clueless because I never signed up for the forum earlier. Oh well, I still enjoy friendly banter.

Edited by DanTheMan_5