[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Pollard vs. Kam Chancellor

Well last week I was a little disappointed in Pollards production...is it because Baltimore is good up front limiting Pollards tackling opportunities? or just a weird flukish game in which their wasn't a lot of opportunities because of the blow-out? Should I stay the course or drop him for Kam Chancellor?. Chancellor put up big numbers and it looks like with the SEA offense not being able to move the ball should the D should be on the field plenty creating lots of opportunities for tackles. Any help/insight would be appreciated

Well last week I was a little disappointed in Pollards production...is it because Baltimore is good up front limiting Pollards tackling opportunities? or just a weird flukish game in which their wasn't a lot of opportunities because of the blow-out? Should I stay the course or drop him for Kam Chancellor?. Chancellor put up big numbers and it looks like with the SEA offense not being able to move the ball should the D should be on the field plenty creating lots of opportunities for tackles. Any help/insight would be appreciated

I read somewhere that Pollard is not playing full time in Baltimore now. Tom Zisewski is the starter? I would dump him and go after Chancellor! My 2 cents

Either you pay for content and didn't read it or you didn't pay and you should :wacko:

Here is what you missed in the pay content:

from Pre-season IDP Breakdowns:

Defensive Back: The Raven’s secondary was far from good last year, at least NFL wise. Of course, it did not help that future Hall of Famer Ed Reed started last year on the PuP and was not able to see the field until week 7. Even then, when Reed got on the field he was not able to help fantasy owners all that much. While Reed is much like Ray Lewis with his heart, desire, leadership, and attitude, he does not accumulate stats as Lewis does. Dwan Landry’s departure looked like it would open up an opportunity for Tom Zbikowski to be a fantasy sleeper but that opportunity flew out the window when the Ravens signed SS Bernard Pollard. Make no mistake about it that Pollard is a liability in coverage but he can provide support in the box with the best of them. If Pollard can see enough snaps this year then he could finish in the top 10 but if he ends up in a rotation with Zbikowski then his fantasy value would take a big hit. If you can land Pollard as a DB3 that would minimize your risk and the upside could prove fruitful. In an attempt to help their secondary the Ravens also drafted CB Jimmy Smith, if Smith can secure a starting CB spot then he could end up having very nice value based on the rookie corner rule. You know, where rookie corners usually are thrown at often which leads to fantasy points.

Defensive Back: Second year FS Earl Thomas might be the name that everyone knows in the Seahawks secondary and will probably be the first Seahawks DB selected in most drafts. Consider yourself warned and do not make that mistake. The name to know for fantasy purposes is Kam Chancellor. Chancellor will be the starting SS and I see big things for him this year. So much so that I stashed him in some leagues last year and put waiver requests in for him in others. A top 12 finish might seem ambitious but that is what I see as Chancellor’s upside this year, a real steal for where you can get him in drafts. The signing of safety Atari Bigby might scare some away but he is just depth and presents no threat to Thomas or Chancellor. Marcus Trufant and Walter Thurmond are the starting CBs but neither should be looked at as fantasy starters.

This is from the IDP Game Breakdowns (week 1):

Secondary: Everyone wants the answer to the following question; "Who will be the Ravens starting SS, Tom Zbikowski or Bernard Pollard?". Well if I knew the answer to that question I would be playing the lottery. All that I can say is that Pollard presents the best fantasy value but we will have to wait and see how the Ravens use each of them the first few weeks. So if you are a Pollard owner your best bet is to find someone else to start in his place as he presents plenty of risk, if you are a Zbikowski owner, you are probably the only one, that is unless you are in a deep league, you do the same thing, sit and wait. In the star ratings I did give Pollard 3-stars but that is only because I think he will see a good amount of time in the box against the Steelers running game. That doesn't mean he doesn't come with a good amount of risk because if he was 100% in line to play all snaps I would have had him as a 5-star play.

Secondary: I am almost as high on Kam Chancellor as I am on Hawthorne. I actually stashed Chancellor late last season on my DTS is one league. I wouldn't be surprised if Chancellor is available on many waiver wires and if he is I will say one thing, he won't be there long. Earl Thomas may have the pedigree but that doesn't mean he will have the most fantasy value because of it. Look for Thomas to play a more traditional FS role. That will depress his value in tackle heavy leagues but his nose for the ball makes him a good option in big play leagues.

Kam...Kam...Kam

SEA defense will be on the field a lot this year unless the QB changes in SEA. Kam will finish in the top 10, if not top 5 by season end.

I'm glad that I got him on waiver wire. Everyone kinda skipped him over due to lack of big name recognition. I missed him because I thought he got drafted and accidentally marked him off my list.