[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Willis McGahee

Endzone

I have him in one league, so I'm not bummed to see him get more reps. Honestly, I figured (and hoped) it would happen simply because Moreno sucks. But, whatever, now I have a "bellcow". A "bellcow" with an absolute ceiling as a RB2, mind you. Of course, he's my RB4 in a league with 2 flex positions that heavily favors RBs in it's scoring, so I'll take RB2 any day.

Where did you guys even hear Moreno will be out? Is it speculation.

RSS Feed: News Items Powered By:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Knowshon Moreno, Brandon Lloyd undergoing MRIs Tue Sep 13, 12:53 PM

Denver Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno (hamstring) and WR Brandon Lloyd (groin) are both undergoing MRI exams Tuesday, Sept. 13.

From Football Guys

yup.

I'm not sure it's him as much as our OL just ain't that good. Running and stopping the run is going to be hard this year. Bump up the pass game, grab Decker while y'all can.

Would the running game suck more if Tebow ever gets under center...Stacking the box more?

If Denver is 0-5, there may be pressure to bring in Tebow before Quinn?

lol, I fell asleep at half time and haven't watched the rest of the game. I don't know what Decker did, but I am pretty high on the kid and was very excited when we drafted him in the 3rd thinking we got great value and that he'd be one of the few draft pick from the McD error (err, era) that would do well.

It's partly that I'm high on the kid, but also that Lloyd is injured and Royal seems to be having some issues. I know HC Fox wants to run, but I think we're going to have to throw a fair amount.

Please elaborate more on the Lloyd injury.

I personally just cut Orton because I think Denver and John Fox are going to be forced sooner rather than later to play for the future. So my backup QB will be riding the pine when I possibly need him most.

That being said, nobody...and I mean nobody.. has mentioned Lance Ball. I guess that means there's not much to talk about?

Edited by The Waterboy

I personally just cut Orton because I think Denver and John Fox are going to be forced sooner rather than later to play for the future. So my backup QB will be riding the pine when I possibly need him most.

That being said, nobody...and I mean nobody.. has mentioned Lance Ball. I guess that means there's not much to talk about?

that's a good point, if Moreno is out for any length of time. Is Ball any good?? He must not be, or he would be in the conversation. He will get a chance, should get a lot of touches this week, McGahee is an old geyser who cannot be a workhorse.

that's a good point, if Moreno is out for any length of time. Is Ball any good?? He must not be, or he would be in the conversation. He will get a chance, should get a lot of touches this week, McGahee is an old geyser who cannot be a workhorse.

I humbly disagree...it's all about mileage imo...and he doesn't have a lot of it.....

edit:I'd also like to add that while the Broncos looked horrible week 1, I expect a lot of teams to start off slow due to the lack of a training camp and offseason - chemistry, especially on the fronts might be had a little later than usual for some teams while others might get the ball rolling a little sooner and have that advantage...

I wouldn't give up on McGahee just yet and I think JJ > Ball as the #2 RB if Moreno is out a lot this season....

and another point to add to what I said....every year has a crazy week 1 but this one had more "oh chit" to it from what I saw so I wouldn't do anything hasty....it's going to be an unusual season - even more-so than usual...jmho..

Edited by Avernus

The Cincy D line is pretty good. I don't anticipate that the donkeys will be able to run at all. Most likely, they will fall behind by double digits anyway and be forced to pass every down.

Prater is the only reliable FF option for the donkeys.

Yep. Just look at what Hillis did against them. :wacko:

McGahee should have been the starter from the onset of the season. Odd to see such disinterest in Tebow when Orton is pedestrian at best but such strong committment to Moreno when the guy does nothing between the tackles and misses 3 games if someone hurts his feelings.

And there's plenty of tread on McGahee's tires. In that O I see him as a legit RB2, but can't see DEN being able to get ahead enough to be anything but a throwing team in the 2nd half of most games for McGahee to finish better than that - possibly including this one vs CIN.

McGahee should have been the starter from the onset of the season. Odd to see such disinterest in Tebow when Orton is pedestrian at best but such strong committment to Moreno when the guy does nothing between the tackles and misses 3 games if someone hurts his feelings.

Why would they be neutral and unbiased on Tebow? :wacko:

Why would they be neutral and unbiased on Tebow? :tup:

I'm not talking to you the rest of the night (after this post). You moved my Landry Jones thread out of the main page when FFers ought to be taking a good look at him right now given where he'll go in the NFL draft next year and what his potential is in the NFL and as a FF QB.

:wacko:

I'm not talking to you the rest of the night (after this post). You moved my Landry Jones thread out of the main page when FFers ought to be taking a good look at him right now given where he'll go in the NFL draft next year and what his potential is in the NFL and as a FF QB.

:wacko:

Grandma wouldn't be happy with you right now.

And there's plenty of tread on McGahee's tires. In that O I see him as a legit RB2, but can't see DEN being able to get ahead enough to be anything but a throwing team in the 2nd half of most games for McGahee to finish better than that - possibly including this one vs CIN.

McGahee has had 1500 attempts with this being his 9th season and has had over 300 attempts once...heading into this season he has averaged just under 200 attempts a year with no more than 170 attempts in any of the last 3 years (two of them had 100 and 109 attempts)....if the Broncos OL can be at least adequate, I think Denver can rely on him to sustain drives.....and of course he can't be a RB1, but RB2 is where he's at while the rest of your post suggests he's a RB2 at best with RB3 production....:wacko: