[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Suck for Luck

fogbowl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah. They probably won't be the worst team in ther NFL and even if so will probably pass as they'll think/hope Manning has enough years left that they should spend the pick elsewhere.

If thats how they are thinking, they are total morons. you draft Luck no matter what. He sits behind Manning for a year or two and then trade Manning. Luck will have 10 years or more with that team that drafts him.

If thats how they are thinking, they are total morons. you draft Luck no matter what. He sits behind Manning for a year or two and then trade Manning. Luck will have 10 years or more with that team that drafts him.

+1. Think Aaron Rodgers behind Brett Favre.

Edited by overworkedirish

I don't think the Colts end up 32nd this year...but they could be bad enough that they could trade up easily to #1...I also have a feeling that whoever ends up #1 overall is going to be a team that doesn't need Luck, crazy I know...oh and no way in hel1 I can see the Colts ever trading Peyton.

Live in Washinton State and I think Seattle has this cornered. They brought in Tavaris Jackson to be the QB AND Whitehurst is the backup not very solid. Also 2 kick returns for tds in the 4th on Sunday???????

I agree 100%

I bet a guy I work with lunch that Seattle won't score any offensive points on Sunday at PIT.

Steelers are pi$$ed.

I don't think the Colts end up 32nd this year...but they could be bad enough that they could trade up easily to #1...I also have a feeling that whoever ends up #1 overall is going to be a team that doesn't need Luck, crazy I know...oh and no way in hel1 I can see the Colts ever trading Peyton.

I as well think its insane to trade him but think of some past teams that have traded their "Icon":

These clubs had a stud backup waiting and learning from the main man there and had success when they were traded to other teams:

Montana to the Chiefs, Young sitting in the wind and won Super Bowls.

Favre retired or traded, Rodgers, won Super Bowl.

Bledsoe traded, Brady wins Super Bowls

Now here are some that never grabbed a QB for their future after the Icon is older and had some years left:

Elway with Denver, what have they done since?

Moreno with Miami, what have they done since?

Aikman with Dallas, what have they done since?

Now I know this is only a small peice to look at but it does make some think. You need to get a great backup to take over for the Mannings of the world when he is reaching his end because of age. Protect your franchise and get the future. Especially someone like Luck, who comes along every 15 years. I would argue, if CAR has a chance to get him, they should pick him and trade away Cam. Thats how special Luck is.

Edited by RJV

Yeah but Rodgers went 24th overall. There's a big difference is taking a guy at 24 to sit and learn and taking the #1 overall and paying the big contract to not play for 3 years.

Agree but from all reports and watching this kid, Luck is something rare. Like I stated above, someone of this caliber and talent comes along every 15 years. This was never said about Rodgers or Brady. These guys are elite QBs don't get me wrong, but Luck is already being compared to with Manning and Elway where no one else has.

What team that would pass on a QB in the draft is going to end up with the worst record?

Carolina? I think they finish with a better record than Indy.

St. Louis if the injuries keep mounting and they have one of those seasons? Possibly, but I think they're too good not to win at least 5 games even if they keep getting snake-bit?

People mention Seattle and they'd be dumb as hell to pass on him.

I guess if Tennessee can't get it going, they'll pass because they just drafted one. Unless they don't like what they see, a la Carolina with Claussen.

Minnesota? I can't imagine they love Ponder so much that they pass.

Regardless, I don't see anyone "easily" moving up to take a guy who is the most hyped player to come out of college in some time.

I mean, I understand because a ton of QBs went early this last year, so you'd think all those teams, some of which don't look so hot, could be in the running. But everyone of those QBs has enough questions that it'd be hard to pass on a kid like Luck.

Agree but from all reports and watching this kid, Luck is something rare. Like I stated above, someone of this caliber and talent comes along every 15 years. This was never said about Rodgers or Brady. These guys are elite QBs don't get me wrong, but Luck is already being compared to with Manning and Elway where no one else has.

Ya, however I also remember Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell being touted heavily as well. I agree that Luck gets more praise than those 2, but you just never really know. With the new way rookie contracts work though, you can probably afford to have him sit for a year or two.

Ya, however I also remember Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russell being touted heavily as well. I agree that Luck gets more praise than those 2, but you just never really know. With the new way rookie contracts work though, you can probably afford to have him sit for a year or two.

At the time of their draft, there were approx 40% of GMs that wouldnt touch these guys. Just some info.

Edited by RJV

Agree totally!

Regardless, I don't see anyone "easily" moving up to take a guy who is the most hyped player to come out of college in some time.

To say the least. It'll take a boatload of HIGH picks/etc to get that spot away from whoever is #1 and more often than not it turns out not to have been worth it.

I was going to add "lol @ the Colts trading Manning" but you never know and recalled how many moons ago they traded Unitas to the Bolts. :wacko: That still hurts even to type.

To say the least. It'll take a boatload of HIGH picks/etc to get that spot away from whoever is #1 and more often than not it turns out not to have been worth it.

I was going to add "lol @ the Colts trading Manning" but you never know and recalled how many moons ago they traded Unitas to the Bolts. :wacko: That still hurts even to type.

Let me clarify this, when I said the Colts will trade Manning, I ment it as trading him after his contract is up and he has a few years to tutor Luck. So in 5 years or so, yes if they are lucky to draft Luck, no pun intended, they could trade him away to a team that can use him for 2 years or so and then Luck takes the reigns,

Let me clarify this, when I said the Colts will trade Manning, I ment it as trading him after his contract is up and he has a few years to tutor Luck. So in 5 years or so, yes if they are lucky to draft Luck, no pun intended, they could trade him away to a team that can use him for 2 years or so and then Luck takes the reigns,

Wait you are saying pay for Luck and keep him on the bench for 5 years ??????