[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Nelson

ChampSampson

in 1% of Yahoo Leagues?!?!

Could being 2nd fiddle in Buffalo be a good thing this year? (not sold on Chandler, TE) Nelson has size and speed. He was good at Florida...scored in his last 3 games last year and looked fantastic. Yeah he only had 4 recs last week...but that matched Stevie Johnson!! DMD has him pegged for a TD this week...I like the probability.

I'm swooping this guy up in deep leagues. Buy!

Edited by ChampSampson

I think it'll be a crap shoot each week. He's the slot guy and seems to get his fair share of 3rd down looks. But so will Parrish. Donald Jones is the starter opposite Steve Johnson.

Nelson is 6'5'" so he is a redzone target.

I think they want Jones to be a threat and may target him early (in the year) to open up Johnson. Marcus Easley is on IR with an illness, possibly a heart condition. So Jones won't be challenged there.

They just re-signed Ruvell Martin, but I don't think he's a concern yet.

My guess is Jones is more consistent compared to Nelson.

My guess is Jones is more consistent compared to Nelson.

Jones is only starting because Marcus Easley got hurt at the #2 WR spot. Nelson is the slot guy and has been designated as such from the get go. Roscoe Parrish was very productive from the slot when healthy last season under Fitzpatrick. I grant that it could be early, but I got Nelson high on my waiver list of PPR guys in deep leagues.

Actually to my understanding, Donald Jones was and is the #2 and Easley got playing time as the #2 because Jones was out because of a concussion. Easley is now on IR anyway.

Jones is only starting because Marcus Easley got hurt at the #2 WR spot. Nelson is the slot guy and has been designated as such from the get go. Roscoe Parrish was very productive from the slot when healthy last season under Fitzpatrick. I grant that it could be early, but I got Nelson high on my waiver list of PPR guys in deep leagues.

Due respect, you are incorrect. Jones was always the starter since Evans was traded but was concussed in Denver.

Due respect, you are incorrect. Jones was always the starter since Evans was traded but was concussed in Denver.

So I got the vice versa on that? Fair enough. More importantly, does any of that change the fact that Nelson plays in the more productive fantasy spot in the Buffalo offense?

So I got the vice versa on that? Fair enough. More importantly, does any of that change the fact that Nelson plays in the more productive fantasy spot in the Buffalo offense?

Nope. I think people are getting a little too excited about "the #2 WR in Buffalo", when just because he is #2 (opposite Johnson) doesnt make him more productive than Nelson. I personally think Nelson is the more valuable. Jones should have decent games here and there though.

Nope. I think people are getting a little too excited about "the #2 WR in Buffalo", when just because he is #2 (opposite Johnson) doesnt make him more productive than Nelson. I personally think Nelson is the more valuable. Jones should have decent games here and there though.

Re-read Tom's post - he said that Nelson is in the more productive fantasy spot, just as you are saying Nelson shuld be the more valuable fantasy option.

Re-read Tom's post - he said that Nelson is in the more productive fantasy spot, just as you are saying Nelson shuld be the more valuable fantasy option.

Reread my post. I was just answering his question of " does any of that change the fact that Nelson plays in the more productive fantasy spot in the Buffalo offense?"

I just added my own take on Nelson after that. :wacko:

and that's all I said, it'd be a crapshoot each, but in fact Jones was and is the starter and I stand by my prediction of whatever it was 50-750 and 5. Which would better Lee Evan's poor numbers last year.

If you are in a ppr league, pick up Nelson. Johnson went down with an injury late in the game.

Got him in both my FFPC leagues last week. :wacko:

+1

I paid like $78 for him. I did some trolling around and saw several leagues where he was not taken. I'm guessing I got about a 80% discount from what he will go for this week. Love the bargain shopping.

Edited by rattsass

I paid like $78 for him. I did some trolling around and saw several leagues where he was not taken. I'm guessing I got about a 80% discount from what he will go for this week. Love the bargain shopping.

I think we did $128. I would be in a more celebratory mood if we hadn't invested our first pick on Jamal Charles.

I think we did $128. I would be in a more celebratory mood if we hadn't invested our first pick on Jamal Charles.

Jeez, I picked up Decker too, for about the same $ and got Mcluster too. Free agent trifecta. My leaguemates are probably hating my ass about right now. :wacko:

Edited by rattsass

Nelson led the team in targets in week one with six(Stevie Johnson also had 6). This week he had one elss target than Johnson, 14-13. That's a lot of targets, and Fitzpatrick clearly looks for him. Given the Bills offense and somewhat lack of defense, there's going to be a lot of balls to be caught. I'm betting Nelson gets his share, right up there close to Stevie Johnson. Good production should follow those kinds of opportunities.

Jeez, I picked up Decker too, for about the same $ and got Mcluster too. Free agent trifecta. My leaguemates are probably hating my ass about right now. :wacko:

Decker was drafted in all of mine

I wish I was in you league. :lol:

And as far as the Buffalo guys, I can't even keep them straight. The names are too "normal"

:tup:

Decker went for $260 in our league. You're league-mates deserve it for being overly conservative with blind bid funds.

In the league where I got both I paid 114 for Nelson and 88 for Decker. That was a late August draft. In the other league Decker went for 303, but I still got Nelson for 77. Yeah, there was a decided lack of aggression by my leaguemates for Nelson, so I guess I'm just lucky to be playing with a bunch of dumbasses, I'm sure Zooty would OWN both of my leagues.

In the league where I got both I paid 114 for Nelson and 88 for Decker. That was a late August draft. In the other league Decker went for 303, but I still got Nelson for 77. Yeah, there was a decided lack of aggression by my leaguemates for Nelson, so I guess I'm just lucky to be playing with a bunch of dumbasses, I'm sure Zooty would OWN both of my leagues.

Probably not

turns out I have Jones and not Nelson in my besrball league

:wacko: