[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Danny Woodhead

Brentastic

I'm really starting to think Woodhead could emerge as a fantasy stud this year - I'm talking top 15 RB territory. Not only does NE do a great job of implementing him into the gameplan but he is a freakishly gifted athlete.. The ONLY knock I see is that he plays on a team that throws a lot. But that can also be a positive because no defense will ever gameplan to stop Woodhead. This guy has done nothing but dominate football at every level and I think NE really got lucky picking him up last year. His 14 carries last week, imo, will be the standard for him the rest of the season and I think he will get a few catches a game too. BJGE will be the goaline back for sure, so Woodhead's scoring opportunities will be from far out for the most part. If you league rewards longer TDs he is a must pickup F.A., imo. In standard scoring leagues he may not be as desirable. Last year in my big money league - a league that rewards longer TDs, PPR and double points (12) for non-traditional TDS - he was the 26th highest scoring RB. And he did that with limited opportunities. I really think Belichick understands the ceiling on this guy and I believe his opportunities increase this season. Based on week 1, that appears to be a correct assumption. Of course the opponent will most likely dictate on a game-to-game basis but I don't see how this guy doesn't get 250+ touches this year. Call me crazy, but I think Woodhead and Hightower will be the 2 biggest RB surprises of 2011.

P.S. If you haven't yet, click on his wiki link that I posted above - it's truly amazing what this guy did at the collegiate level. I know it was D II but when you're the best of the best, I'm not sure division makes that much a difference. He's overcome the odds at every level so far and based on his short NFL career, I expect him to out-perform at this level too. I'm 100% buying Woodhead!

14-69

1-6

:wacko:

Prototypical bye week replacement final flex type player in PPR leagues unless Belicheck decides to run hurry up all season long.

Using his week 1 numbers (as you posted above) extrapolated over 16 games:

76 yards/15 touches = 5 ypc

15 touches*16 games = 240 touches on the season

240 touches*5ypc = 1200 yards

TDs = unpredictable

Again, I think his week 1 performance will be his average with a couple more catches sprinkled in. So if you imagine 2 more catches at 5 ypc you're looking at nearly 1400 yards on the season. I'd say that's more than bye week filler. Again, this all assumes that he maintains those numbers at worst. I believe we'll see some monster games from Woodhead this season too - a few 125+ yard games with multiple TDs.

IF you think, as I do, that his week 1 output will be his average, then I don't see why he won't end up a top 15 RB. Feel

I've pimped out the Faulk RB spot on NE for a while now. I'd say your research should include what Faulk did 2 or 3 years ago: in PPR leagues he finished the year ranked 13th. Woodhead can play and Belichick let's him. Watch the Dolphins footage and it's clear his size is his advantage: those guys had no idea where he was once handed the ball.

I drafted him in a dynasty a few years ago based on his DII numbers but dropped him once the jets cut him :wacko: .

I sure hope your right, I drafted Woodhead and Hightower as my starting rbs, lol. My wrs ar both Johnsons, Dez, Manningham that's ppr gold drafting I need to write a book! Or not...... lol

...yeah... that's awful drafting. Unless all RB/WR positions in your starting lineup are flexes.

Edited by overworkedirish

Fools gold.

+1

Just don't understand why LawFirm doesn't seem to get any love...he basically did it all last year and looks like the same this year, yet people keep touting Woodhead, Ridley, blah, blah, blah...certainly these fringe players can have some success in this offense but good luck figuring out which week that's gonna happen.

Here's hoping you didn't plug in Woody this week...

• 2 months later...
ooh, that is cold, bumping up the old preseason skeleton in everybody's closets. :tup:

that said, I too am wondering how brent's hightower/woodhead backfield is working out. :wacko:

It's being anchored by the other back he was going to steal in the 4th-5th round, DWill.

ooh, that is cold, bumping up the old preseason skeleton in everybody's closets. :tup:

that said, I too am wondering how brent's hightower/woodhead backfield is working out. :wacko:

It's being anchored by the other back he was going to steal in the 4th-5th round, DWill.

Not everyone can think outside of the box.

:rofl: Unfortunately this is almost the reality. My one saving grace? Roy Helu :lol: Although I traded for Best and maybe he'll be back :tup:

Amazingly though, I'm 3rd in points in that league and it's a total points league that pays out top 4. My drafting style is always going have my RBs as hit or miss because I typically draft 3-4 WRs in the first 5 rounds and almost always go WR-WR at the very least. I draft studs at every position and take chances on RBs. I've had more hits than misses in recent years, landing middle rounders Ray Rice in 2009 and ADP in 2007. Then there's this year with Hightower, Helu and Dwill and last year Jerome Harrison and Darren Sproles (but I drafted ADP 1st overall).

But yeah, I missed this year but still in the hunt :wacko: