[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hakeem Nicks

bostonsoxandy

Nicks wants to play, but as always it comes down to a coach's decision. They're going to see how he fares on Friday during practice.. just wait for the update.

Just read Hixon is not going to be the slot receiever.. it's a tough call being a Monday night game but Greg Salas will be filling in for Amendola and whoever gets that slot position for the G-Men if Nicks is out are both bound to receive a ton of targets. If you don't have a healthy alternative, in a PPR league, you could be in a worse situation with both of those guys probably available on the waiver wire.

Why would that make you more nervous? For me, it would make me feel better... seeing that he gets an extra day and a half to rest the knee (and the wrist, FWIW). He stated on Wednesday that had it been game day, he would have played.

I'm guessing because all of his bench players would have already played on Sunday and if Nicks does sit he will not have a replacement.

I'm guessing because all of his bench players would have already played on Sunday and if Nicks does sit he will not have a replacement.

Why would that make you more nervous? For me, it would make me feel better... seeing that he gets an extra day and a half to rest the knee (and the wrist, FWIW). He stated on Wednesday that had it been game day, he would have played.

Boy, you sure have gotten snippy with me since this whole Ron Paul thing. :wacko:

Boy, you sure have gotten snippy with me since this whole Ron Paul thing. :wacko:

I think the internet does not translate typed words very well. Not snippy at all, just answering your question. Just because he says he would have played doesn't mean the coaches see it the same way. If I were a Nicks owner, I'd be worried as well.

Nicks wants to play, but as always it comes down to a coach's decision. They're going to see how he fares on Friday during practice.. just wait for the update.

Just read Hixon is not going to be the slot receiever.. it's a tough call being a Monday night game but Greg Salas will be filling in for Amendola and whoever gets that slot position for the G-Men if Nicks is out are both bound to receive a ton of targets. If you don't have a healthy alternative, in a PPR league, you could be in a worse situation with both of those guys probably available on the waiver wire.

So are you saying Hixon is not the replacement for Nicks? If so where did you read this?

Untrue.

Hakeem Nicks (knee) plans to return to individual drills in Friday's practice and "see where it goes."

Coach Tom Coughlin said Nicks "made good progress" Thursday, so he's headed in the right direction. Nicks confirmed that the swelling in his knee has continued to go down. Per ESPN New York's Ian Begley, Nicks will make the call on his status for Monday's game. If he feels the same as he did Thursday, he will be on the field

And again, Nicks said on WEDNESDAY that it if it had been game day, he would have played. :wacko:

We'll see what happens, I guess...

I think he's going to play. His injuries happened early in the game and stayed in and they did not report any significant damage just bruises.

I thought the wrist happened later in the game... third quarter maybe? I know he was running fine and caught that bomb towards the end of the contest, which led me to believe the wrist was actually not an issue. I didn't even know about the knee. :wacko:

Nicks also came on a local radio show earlier or before the season and stated that he wanted to play a full season and play through injuries in which he wasnt able to do in the past.

Also, Tom Coughlin is on the hot seat, pretty much his job is on the line this season. He won't get yanked mid-season or anything like that but if he has a disappointing season he will get fired IMO.

The Giants lossed their first game and have no WR depth.

If Nicks is healthy enough to play, he will. No pre-caughtionary measures here.

Holy spit, look what the cat dragged in. Where the hell have you been?

Good Bro, busy starting my new Biz's all done now . I am back

That's good to hear. I just hope he doesn't play, so I start him, gives it a go for the 1st couple of drives and decides he can't. That looks like the worst-case scenario. A good backup in case anyone is planning on Nicks to start, incase he doesn't, is Brandon Gibson. Had 3 catches for 50 yards last week and the Rams are hurting at WR, he's healthy so in case Nicks is inactive for whatever reason he's a good alternative.