[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Palmer...?

The Wolf

very interesting story ... also heard that Carson was mad at Bengal mgmt for the way they handled his little brother. I think this hampers his career. He might have one more shot next year but that better run smoothly or it is over, IMO.

Carson Palmer abandoned his team. Who gives a crap what he thinks about how his brother was released. They should remember that the bungles did him a solid by letting his little brother stay on the roster as long as they did. He's got nothing.

Palmer is a bitch for what he's doing... Don't sign a contract extension and then try and pull a power play. Mike Brown is a jackass for his position on this as well. He'd rather prove a point and hurt his team then get a first rounder.

I have no problem with Palmer's stance here. He wants to have a chance to win and he knows he will never win in Cinci. Barry Sanders did the same thing. How long can you get your ass kicked without getting fed up. These guys all have more money than they will ever need. At some point, it has to be about something else.

The way Bengals mgt. has handled it proves his point. They could have got some help at other positiions if they were willing to trade Palmer before the draft. This is just the Bengals way of being cheap once again........saving 12 million while they lose once again.

True he walked out on his team, but they had plenty of notice.

It is a business, so I am siding with Palmer. CIN mgmt could have improved at more positions if they made the trade before the draft.

Cut nose to spite your face, is that how the saying goes?

I have no problem with Palmer's stance here. He wants to have a chance to win and he knows he will never win in Cinci.

Then don't sign a contract extension. Oh, he collects on the front end of the deal then wants out... And Sanders situation was completely different. Palmer is an average QB.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Sorry I don't think the player should have the right to declare he is done playing for a team as long as he is under contract. And I don't want to hear about owners having the ability to cut players even when they are under contract - the big up front signing bonus players take is their insurance against being cut before the end of their contract.

Palmer should have left when his contract was last up if he wanted out ... or signed a contract with a short term and less money.

Brown feels he has to hold the line on players demanding trades. No one seems to want to play for the Bengals, so if one player manages to force a trade, the floodgates will open and everyone will try to exit the same way Carson Palmer & Chad Johnson tried to.

They're cutting off their nose despite their face, but they're such a dysfunctional franchise that it's the only way to keep their players in town.