[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nfl replay review

Jackass

Agree, it looked like he did step out. I'll take it though. Other than the fact that they could look at it in the booth it was no worse a call than the two that helped get the Bears their first TD.

Per Mike Triplett via Twitter

Roman Harper said NFL head of officials called #Saints to say his hit on #Bears QB Jay Cutler was clean, penalty shouldnt have been called.

:wacko:

It's a stupid rule, reviewing every "touchdown." First off, NFL has come out and said they "miscommunicated" on the Sproles play. Lovie wanted to challenge it but he isn't allowed to because "it's suppose to be reviewed."

So if a close play is called a touchdown, it gets reviewed. But the same play happens, it doesn't get called a touchdown, it's outside of two minutes, and the team has no timeouts to challenge. No review. One can blame the coach for not properly planning by blowing timeouts early but the rule seems silly.

Mike Perira (spelling?) was on local radio here in Chicago yesterday and said that NFL is talking about installing a light near press box or scoreboard to show when play needs to be stopped to be reviewed. Seems kind of silly but he said they most likely will be changing the way they "communicate" with refs on the field.

It's a stupid rule, reviewing every "touchdown." First off, NFL has come out and said they "miscommunicated" on the Sproles play. Lovie wanted to challenge it but he isn't allowed to because "it's suppose to be reviewed."

So if a close play is called a touchdown, it gets reviewed. But the same play happens, it doesn't get called a touchdown, it's outside of two minutes, and the team has no timeouts to challenge. No review. One can blame the coach for not properly planning by blowing timeouts early but the rule seems silly.

Mike Perira (spelling?) was on local radio here in Chicago yesterday and said that NFL is talking about installing a light near press box or scoreboard to show when play needs to be stopped to be reviewed. Seems kind of silly but he said they most likely will be changing the way they "communicate" with refs on the field.

:wacko: You'll be having fans holding signs up to cover the light.

I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I thought the hit was borderline but didn't like the Bears got away with the same thing on Brees in the next series or two. Terrible crew.

Really I was just making myself feel better about the Sproles TD. :wacko:

Honestly the game wasn't called very well for either team, but I don't think it affected the outcome.

Really I was just making myself feel better about the Sproles TD. :wacko:

Honestly the game wasn't called very well for either team, but I don't think it affected the outcome.

Call me a crackpot, but I don't think Sproles necessarily stepped out. I watched the replay, the arch of his foot is definitely on the line, but it almost looks like he never shifts his weight and plants his heel. Meaning, his back cleats may never have actually made contact with the playing surface.

I mean...this is the GRAYest of gray areas and SLIMmest of margins, but since it was ruled a TD and not OB, I don't see that as definitive - and that's what's required to overturn. Had it been ruled OB, I'd feel the reverse - inconclusive so out of bounds, but it wasn't. TD. Partytime. Excellent.

Sproles is so freaking underrated.

Call me a crackpot, but I don't think Sproles necessarily stepped out. I watched the replay, the arch of his foot is definitely on the line, but it almost looks like he never shifts his weight and plants his heel. Meaning, his back cleats may never have actually made contact with the playing surface.

I mean...this is the GRAYest of gray areas and SLIMmest of margins, but since it was ruled a TD and not OB, I don't see that as definitive - and that's what's required to overturn. Had it been ruled OB, I'd feel the reverse - inconclusive so out of bounds, but it wasn't. TD. Partytime. Excellent.

Sproles is so freaking underrated.

I don't think it's a matter of questioning whether or not he stepped out. That, of course is up for debate. I think what most Bears fans were upset about was that it was never reviewed & rightfully so.