[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates

Crazysight

wow.... Just traded Gates for Gronk and Jordy nelson.. WAHOO!

Wow...some real dumbos in your league. Wish I had thought to try and trade him earlier in the week. All the guys in my league are stingy, especially with me. I probably won't get much if anything offered for him at this point.

If this is the beginning of the end of Gates' illustrious career, it is a sad day in Chargerville. :wacko:

I've had him since he first came on in my dynasty league, so I'm not liking it one bit myself. I still think that if he were to hang it up now for the year, when he came back next year he'd have almost an entire year to fully heal. The foot is probably better right now than it was last year when he went on IR after constantly reaggravating it by trying to play through the pain. If he nipped it in the bud early this year and just took care of it from now until the 2012 season he might be able to get back to his old self again and finish his career on a high note. I don't see a return to form for him this year though and I don't see any benefit for him to try and play through it, only a near certainty of continued reaggravation.

Left Practice Early:

San Diego Chargers TE Antonio Gates (foot) was participating in the early portion of practice Friday, Sept. 23, but then left during team drills to go back to the locker room.

Huddle Up: Yikes, this foot thing might really be an issue. Randy McMichael is on deck if Gates can't go vs. Kansas City. Hopefully a San Diego reporter will dig something up after Friday's practice is over.

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php#24919

Back at practice today

Not good news for Gates owners,

Chargers TE Antonio Gates attempted to practice on Friday, but returned to the locker room shortly into group drills. This was after him not practicing on Wednesday or Thursday, creating some concern for his availability for Week 3 vs. the Chiefs.

I own Gates in 1 league and am going against him in another, and honestly I'll say why would they play him against KC?

You know they don't need him to beat them. I mean sure the biggest case for playing him is saying what is a week off really going to do for Gates' injury that a whole off-season didn't do, and I think that is a very fair point, BUT why push it against maybe the worst team in the league in your own building. Why shoot him up and make him run around in a game you could clearly win without him. What's the point?

And if they can't beat KC in their own building without Gates then the season is lost anyway.

Just my opinion...

Not good news for Gates owners,

Chargers TE Antonio Gates attempted to practice on Friday, but returned to the locker room shortly into group drills. This was after him not practicing on Wednesday or Thursday, creating some concern for his availability for Week 3 vs. the Chiefs.

If they don't need him vs. the Chiefs, I doubt he'll see many snaps. McMichael is a very good TE and will be the next waiver wire wonder if he scores a TD... pick him up now.

Everyone is acting like this is the end of Gates. If I remember correctly, wasn't this his same situation basically every week for his past 2 seasons. I remember him always being questionable and not practicing during the week, but he'd almost always end up playing. Am i misremembering?

Everyone is acting like this is the end of Gates. If I remember correctly, wasn't this his same situation basically every week for his past 2 seasons. I remember him always being questionable and not practicing during the week, but he'd almost always end up playing. Am i misremembering?

Yes and no.

Yes in that he is a warrior and always seemed to be hurting but played anyway.

No in that this injury finally got the better of him last season when he finally missed games, and then ended up on IR.

My own POV here is he will play mostly, but no one can feel good that the injury that caused him to miss many games last season, and put him on IR, STILL is hurting real bad (in week 2/3 mind you) to the point where he is missing practice and is questionable for games.

If a full summer plus wasn't enough to heal him you have to be concerned. Especially when he made it only 1 week without questions?

He is a warrior and I bet he plays through it best he can, but right now do I feel confident he'll be around weeks 10/11/12 let alone 15/16...no.

Yesterday i was offered Gates for Steve Johnson in a dynasty league , of course i chuckled with a simple "NO" reply. I haven't been following the rumors about Gates too much as i don't own him in any leagues, but we all know the history with his foot/toes and I didn't even consider him in any draft this season based on that.

Yesterday i was offered Gates for Steve Johnson in a dynasty league , of course i chuckled with a simple "NO" reply. I haven't been following the rumors about Gates too much as i don't own him in any leagues, but we all know the history with his foot/toes and I didn't even consider him in any draft this season based on that.

You did good. Gates is on the downside of his career. No one in a dynasty league should take him in trade.

You did good. Gates is on the downside of his career. No one in a dynasty league should take him in trade.

Would you guys all shut up until I dump him? :wacko: