[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Funny Story

delfamdelfam

Was listening to ESPN podcast and this came up and thought I'd share it.

A guy trades Jamaal Charles for McFadden and Deangelo Williams on Saturday and they both accept. So when Charles gets hurt the guy getting Charles calls some of the guys in the league and get them to veto the trade and therefore getting to keep Mcfadden/Williams. Just wondering what you guys would have done in a situation like this.

A guy trades Jamaal Charles for McFadden and Deangelo Williams on Saturday and they both accept. So when Charles gets hurt the guy getting Charles calls some of the guys in the league and get them to veto the trade and therefore getting to keep Mcfadden/Williams. Just wondering what you guys would have done in a situation like this.

Quit the league. And if the Charles guy lived close enough I would leave a flaming bag of pigchit on his front porch come Halloween.

Please tell me this isn't true. I wouldn't play in a league where this would be allowed. What's the point?

Did the other owners actually veto the trade? I'm not sure the way you wrote the story if they did or not. If they did then the guy getting screwed out of the agreed upon trade is definitely in a league with a bunch of junior high jerks. Time to cut the losses and drop out of the league at the end of this season.

Kinda surprised that no one has mentioned that working together with leaguemates rather than agianst them is text-book collusion. I can't beleive anyone in the league would even go along with it, and I'd kick out every last one of them if I found out that's what they're doing...

Not to mention that vetoing trades you don't like is totally ghey.

Did the other owners actually veto the trade? I'm not sure the way you wrote the story if they did or not. If they did then the guy getting screwed out of the agreed upon trade is definitely in a league with a bunch of junior high jerks. Time to cut the losses and drop out of the league at the end of this season.

the trade was accepted by the two individuals but the guy getting Charles called up his friends in the league and got them to veto it so he didn't have to get Charles.

My main league doesn't even have a period to allow all the owners to vote and possibly veto a trade. Just don't see the point in it since the sole purpose of vetoing is to stop collusion. If the trade is clear conclusion or collusion is proven, then those owners are probably kicked out. And if that doesn't happen, trade goes through.

That way stuff like this doesn't happen. Also I tend to see everyone veto trades down the line of the season whenever a top-tier team is involved just because they don't want that team to get any better. Stupid stuff like this makes me happy my main league there are no vetoes...