[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo - punctured lung

electricrelish

Not sure anyone ever questioned whether he was tough (though I'm not sure he ever gave us reason to, either).

His heart and leadership against teams that weren't 5-11 last year? Well, thats a different story.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Not the heart part, i think he's got plenty of that, just his leadership & concentration in big situations.

Edited by rajncajn

Not sure anyone ever questioned whether he was tough (though I'm not sure he ever gave us reason to, either).

His heart and leadership against teams that weren't 5-11 last year? Well, thats a different story.

what's with all the "5-11 last year" crap?

I did'nt see the whole game but it looks like the defense that looked great in almost everyone's opinion against the Jets let em down yesterday. 2 picks from Kitna did'nt help either

I always take injury descriptions with a grain of salt. It's in the Cowboys and Romo's interests to exaggerate his injury and make Romo out to be a hero, especially considering all the flak Romo has been getting lately. If he plays next week we can be sure that the injury wasn't all that serious.

:wacko:

you guys are nuckin futs

Who knows about lungs? any chance that he plays?

If the puncture is small, no treatment is necessary. The lung will re-inflate on its own. If the puncture is big, they have to insert a tube into the chest to re-inflate the lung. That would be a big deal, but the fact that he returned to the game and isn't hospitalized means that the puncture (pneumothorax) is probably small.

The larger issue is the pain of broken ribs, I would think.

I always take injury descriptions with a grain of salt. It's in the Cowboys and Romo's interests to exaggerate his injury and make Romo out to be a hero, especially considering all the flak Romo has been getting lately. If he plays next week we can be sure that the injury wasn't all that serious.

No matter how you spin it, playing on a minor 'punctured lung' isn't a minor triumph. Romo deserves credit here.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well. Not the heart part, i think he's got plenty of that, just his leadership & concentration in big situations.

I think he showed a lot of leadership by playing through pain and taking the team to victory.

Just imagine, if Romo sat out the rest of the game... the team coulda lost their fire, and the game... Romo's heart then begins second guessing himself... Romo benches himself the next game, the team loses more hope and the game.... the Cowboys find themselves in 'quicksand' and begin a losing game after game in a spiral to nowhere... Franchise owners lose all desire of football and sell the team to a high profile soccer fan in Toronto, Canada... Team changes name to the Toronto Pink Elephants, promptly trades Romo to the 49ers... Pink Elephants go on to lose 16 games straight.... then, ultimately decide the team is best suited for disbandment... and the NFL is never to be the same again.

See what kind of hero Tony Romo turned out to be? When asked of his thoughts on TheGrunt fantasy football show: "Pain is weakness leaving the body," smiled Tony Romo. TheGrunt agrees.

If the story is true...that one tough SOB.

If the story is true the trainers and medical staff need to be fired. Cracked rib, o.k. tough it out if you can. Punctured lung, no way. This is an unacceptable risk. The league should look into this. If they are going to mandate that players who had their bells rung sit out there is no way they can allow a player with a punctured lung back in the game.

If the story is true the trainers and medical staff need to be fired. Cracked rib, o.k. tough it out if you can. Punctured lung, no way. This is an unacceptable risk. The league should look into this. If they are going to mandate that players who had their bells rung sit out there is no way they can allow a player with a punctured lung back in the game.

Tony Romo doesn't stop for a punctured lunch; injuries stop for Tony Romo and wait for his permission to enter.

:wacko: I don't know if it's true or not. BUt I'm gonna go ahead and guess that they did'nt know this during the game if it is true. :tup:

:wacko: I don't know if it's true or not. BUt I'm gonna go ahead and guess that they did'nt know this during the game if it is true. :tup:

The point is they need to know. It is their job to know. It is not as if they only have a stethescope and a little knee reflex hammer as their tools.

BTW I do not believe the report at all.

:wacko: If this were any other qb on any other team you would acknowledge that the guy showed a huge pair with a painful injury and won the game doing so. I dont care who they were playing. Week 1 they gave the runner up in the AFC all they could handle . The jury is still out on Dallas but I like how they never quit on Garret. Stop being a hater bro. Join the rest of the planet and acknowledge a gutsy performance

Edited by whomper