[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Romo - punctured lung

electricrelish

:tup: If this were any other qb on any other team you would acknowledge that the guy showed a huge pair with a painful injury and won the game doing so. I dont care who they were playing. Week 1 they gave the runner up in the AFC all they could handle . The jury is still out on Dallas but I like how they never quit on Garret. Stop being a hater bro. Join the rest of the planet and acknowledge a gutsy performance

:wacko: yes, it was a gutsy performance....in a league filled with them. Was it painful when it happened? Of course. Was it painful after he received injections to numb them? Probably not so much, and obviously tolerable enough to play through. A certain QB for the Eagles played almost a full game, throwing for 350 yards and 4 TDs...with a broken leg. Football players are supposed to be tough. They get paid to be tough. Not sure we need pages and pages in a forum to praise a guy who did what hundreds before him have done: play through an injury. Felix Jones played with a separated shoulder, and not a mention of him...and this is a guy who put the pads back on knowing he was going to endure contact every play he was in the game (whether blocking or being tackled). That, IMO, is gutsy.

Point is, Romo's still a marginal decision-maker, a guy with great tools who just doesn't know how or when to use them correctly in the most crucial of moments against teams that offer the toughest resistance. Doing it once won't change that reality....it needs to be the norm, not the exception.

:wacko: yes, it was a gutsy performance....in a league filled with them. Was it painful when it happened? Of course. Was it painful after he received injections to numb them? Probably not so much, and obviously tolerable enough to play through. A certain QB for the Eagles played almost a full game, throwing for 350 yards and 4 TDs...with a broken leg. Football players are supposed to be tough. They get paid to be tough. Not sure we need pages and pages in a forum to praise a guy who did what hundreds before him have done: play through an injury. Felix Jones played with a separated shoulder, and not a mention of him...and this is a guy who put the pads back on knowing he was going to endure contact every play he was in the game (whether blocking or being tackled). That, IMO, is gutsy.

Point is, Romo's still a marginal decision-maker, a guy with great tools who just doesn't know how or when to use them correctly in the most crucial of moments against teams that offer the toughest resistance. Doing it once won't change that reality....it needs to be the norm, not the exception.

Nobody is talking about his ability under pressure. they are just talking about playing with a punctured lung. Stop the hate Swammi.

Well I know 3 people that have had punctured lungs before and neither of them could move or do anything except call for EMS to come get them. I'm not doubting that he had a punctured lung and I'm not saying I fully believe it but my past experience is that if someone has a punctured lung, I highly doubt they will be out there throwing a ball around and getting hit. Death is a very real risk with this type of injury.

That being said, whatever his injuries are, I hope he heals up without incident. As much as I hate the Cowboys, I love seeing Romo pretending he is a keystone cop on the football fields :wacko:

I don't like Tony, and I think he's a proven choker. But even I have to acknowledge a ballsy performance when I see it. To come back out and keep playing and win the game with a fractured rib and punctured lung is ridiculous.

Just for the record, Romo plays basically as well stats-wise in "clutch" situations as he does in non-clutch situations...for whatever that's worth.

Advanced metrics folks tend to believe there really aren't players that "step up their game" in big moments. Players try their best whether it's the 1st quarter or the 4th quarter.

Advanced metrics folks tend to believe there really aren't players that "step up their game" in big moments. Players try their best whether it's the 1st quarter or the 4th quarter.

I agree that players don't "step up" in big moments. But on the flipside I fully believe there are players who feel the pressure and their decision-making and play falters in big moments. Whether Romo is one of those players is a matter of debate (I happen to believe he is), but it's clear that there are players who are like this.

Would it just be best for Romo to rest a few weeks and heal? I feel like if he plays through this he could end up missing another season? I know you can't do anything for broken ribs but how much will this protective jacket even help?

I would think so. One hard hit or sack on that turf and he could not only be out for the season but possibly be at serious risk of permanent damage. If it was the playoffs and/or the season was on the line, ok. Go play. Not sure its worth it this early in the season, though.

Kitna is a capable, experienced backup. If I am Dallas, I am sitting Romo for a couple weeks. He misses two games and then hopefully comes back healthy after the BYE week. Let him play this week and he might be lost for the rest of the season or at least never get back to full health...

Edited by Delicious_bass

I would think so. One hard hit or sack on that turf and he could not only be out for the season but possibly be at serious risk of permanent damage. If it was the playoffs and/or the season was on the line, ok. Go play. Not sure its worth it this early in the season, though.

Kitna is a capable, experienced backup. If I am Dallas, I am sitting Romo for a couple weeks.

I have to think Romo and the Cowboys will listen to the docs on this one. There's no way a reputable physician will put Romo back out on the field if there's a high probability of serious injury from another hit. The punctured lung injury must be pretty minor, otherwise we wouldn't even be talking about his return to action this week.