[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ben Tate

Tripleshot

From reading the quotes all day I think what you saw Sunday is what you will see the next 2-3 weeks. The exacte oposite of what you saw last week . Tate getting 20 carries and Foster getting 10 with Foster slowley getting a little more every week. Until either its a full blown RBBC or Foster Tate gets hurt. but for the next few weeks Tate is fantasy gold.

And to asnwer your question NO . I dont trust Kubiak who said Foster 20 and Tate 10 carries and the opposite is what he did. Next week watch Foster get 20 and Tate get 5.

Edited by damageinc

I have Tate and am thinking of offering him up to the Foster owner for a WR upgrade just so I don't have to deal with the drama.

Not a bad idea, though I think Foster's injury has a chance to linger. What's this, the third time in as many months he's tweaked a hamstring? That's a serious trend. If I had Tate, I'd be holding on to him for at least another week.

My guess is that, by "easing" Foster back, this thing is never going to heal. So Tate is going to be the new main guy there. Surely he's shown enough to keep Ward (when healthy) and Slaton on the bench for any more than just spot duty.

Fortunately, in the two leagues I have Foster, I have Tate.

I think Kubiak and the Texans' plan all along was for Tate to take over. They aren't paying him much, they don't owe him anything in particular, and Tate was drafted to be their guy. Yes, Foster was magic last year, but that was heavily due to the line play (which has continued - see Tate, Ben for reference) and that they believe that Tate can do more behind it. They were all over this guy's jock last PS before the injury. They drafted the guy to be their primary RB, and he will be going forward. The big question we have now is how much does "secondary" qualify for.

I think Tate will be the primary guy all year. He is much better than Foster, and as stated above, Fosters success was O-line play, Tate is looking really goo d this year after coming back from injury and working his way up the depth chart. Arian rushed back so he could stop Tates climb to the feature back. Too soon. Now he will have lingering problems all year. IMO.

I think Kubiak and the Texans' plan all along was for Tate to take over. They aren't paying him much, they don't owe him anything in particular, and Tate was drafted to be their guy. Yes, Foster was magic last year, but that was heavily due to the line play (which has continued - see Tate, Ben for reference) and that they believe that Tate can do more behind it. They were all over this guy's jock last PS before the injury. They drafted the guy to be their primary RB, and he will be going forward. The big question we have now is how much does "secondary" qualify for.

Nice try, but the whole "forcing Foster out" theory doesn't really hold water with Foster earning $525,000 on a 1-year contract.

Arian Foster clearly showed last year that he is a 5-tool back: Speed, Power, Vision, Agility, Blitz Pickup. These guys don't exactly grow on trees.

Ben Tate was indeed "drafted to be their guy", but situations change. Tate is a good back, and will do a fine job while Foster recovers from this latest setback.

But let's not lose sight of the fact that this is still unquestionably Arian Foster's team.

I think Tate will be the primary guy all year. He is much better than Foster, and as stated above, Fosters success was O-line play, Tate is looking really goo d this year after coming back from injury and working his way up the depth chart. Arian rushed back so he could stop Tates climb to the feature back. Too soon. Now he will have lingering problems all year. IMO.

Tate is much better than Foster???

Uh, no....

Nice try, but the whole "forcing Foster out" theory doesn't really hold water with Foster earning $525,000 on a 1-year contract.

This is exactly my point - they aren't committed to him in any way. They have no high pick, no multi-million dollar contract. That being said, I never mentioned forcing him out. There are a ton of carries behind that line, and with two quality backs there's no reason to wear one out. He'll definitely still play and he's proven he's capable of a full load if needed. But he's not going to be the primary ball carrier long term.

All I know is, I drafted Tate late as a flier, and I could not be happier for a quality flex back.

Floor - Tate will have a significant role in this offense all season and is worth keeping as at least an impromptu flex.

Ceiling - Tate takes over as a workhorse when Foster goes down with a torn hamstring. Tate finishes top-10 RB.

He definitely upgrades the depth on my main team. Happy!

Tate was the guy who was supposed to be the Texans' bell cow til he got hurt and Foster literally ran with the opportunity. Now it's Foster who is hurt and Tate getting his chance to be the bell cow. Ironic, no?

Want more irony? I can see without too much difficulty Tate taking over and performing like a stud, only to get injured and have a by-then healthy Foster ready to take his spot back, lol.