[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would this be a cheap move?

bostonsoxandy

Alright so I'm in a 13-man partial keeper league.

The keeper aspect works as this:

-can keep up to 3 players max

-can keep drafted players fro 150% drafted value

-can keep FAAB players for 100% their FAAB value

The guy who owns Jamaal Charles in the league will probably be dropping him after his ACL tear, I assume. So if he does drop Charles, I'm thinking it would be very logical to pick up Charles just to keep him next year.

Is this fine morally? I don't want to be cheap or anything I just see a good keeper on the WW. So ideally I'd bid around $3-5 of the $100 and then keep him for next season for that $3-5. Anything wrong with this?

You don't have to give up his "drafted" value?

In keeper league as well. Charles is unkeepable for my league; if you are drafted in first two rounds, you cannot be kept.

Doesn't seem cheap. You'd be using a roster spot for dead space. And I'm sure others are thinking of this too. But again, I wonder about that first question?

All the pools I'm in have rules that require a player to be active at least once while on your roster in order to be kept. It's there specifically to combat people picking up injured players and stashing them for next season. If your league doesn't have such a rule, then I say its fair game.

All the pools I'm in have rules that require a player to be active at least once while on your roster in order to be kept. It's there specifically to combat people picking up injured players and stashing them for next season. If your league doesn't have such a rule, then I say its fair game.

That's a good rule, I think. Do other keeper leagues have rules like this?

None of the leagues I am in have this rule.

One does have a rule that a player that is picked up that is already on his NFL team's IR can not be placed on our league IR (only players that are injured while on a roster can be placed on IR), an active spot must be used for them, but if an owner wants to use a roster spot to hold on to a player that they may or may not keep the following year, they are free to do so.

As to your situation, seems like a smart move if you feel he will come back next year and be one of your top 3 keepers, or to also prevent another team from having that option if you feel you have 3 players you would keep over him.

We cannot pick up a player on NFL IR. It's an auction league with blind bids for FA so if the original owner wants to keep him at his drafted price (or trade him - key being his price remains set) and take the risk that's fine, but they can't drop them and have someone pick them up for $1.