[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Under The Numbers

JUMbotron

As someone who targeted Dwill AND Hightower, I can honestly say I'm a little worried but nowhere near panic mode yet. I'm more worried about Dwill than Hightower though. I basically figured Dwill would start slow assuming opposing Ds would stack the box. But now seeing what Newton has done in 2 straight weeks, I fully expect Dwill to pick it up. Could I be wrong? Of course, but I hope I'm not. Once Otah is back, we'll get a better idea of the Carolina running game moving forward. It is not time to worry.... yet.

As the biggest Hightower pimper on the huddle this pre-season, I still think he's going to be the guy in Washington. I mean, it's not like Hightower had a bad game and the only explanation I can think of for his 2nd half disappearance is that he was either tired (as Shanny explained) OR he reached 20 carries and Shanny saw no reason to give him 30 when they have Helu who needs to get some looks and has shown ability. Why run the guy into the ground when you don't need to? Moving forward I think we'll see mostly Hightower with some Helu sprinkled in - and depending on the opponent, Helu may shine in some games (teams with slower defenses). BUT, I still think Hightower is going to get his 20 touches a game and I'm still starting him with confidence. He just needs to get some TDs and it will all be fine.

Signed,

cautiously optimistic

Timmy is just keeping the seat warm for Shanny's shiny new draft pick.

Signed,

Dream Crusher

Timmy is just keeping the seat warm for Shanny's shiny new draft pick.

Signed,

Dream Crusher

:tup:

:wacko:

E2A: I have Hightower in 3/5 leagues and the Helu Handcuff in 1 of those 3. In my big money I'm 4th in waivers and I'm targeting Helu over Jstew - I have both Dwill and Hightower in this leauge. Jstew is also available on the ww but I believe the Redskins running game will be more potent than Carolina's running game. I really hope there is no RBBC in Washington but you never know with Shanny. His overall history suggests he likes a bell cow but recent history indicates otherwise. This could very well mimic the Chief's approach last year with THT having more upside and potential than Thomas Jones.

Edited by Brentastic

JUMbotron's analysis is some of the best in the business, but I respectfully disagree regarding his views on Pettigrew.

The Lions do look like an NFC version of the Pats, granted, but I don't see Pettigrew coming close to approaching the numbers of either Patriot TE. (Aaron Hernandez's injury notwithstanding.)

First, look at the competition for touches. As fine a collection as Welker, Branch, Ochocinco and Woodhead/BJGE is, they're no match for Calvin, Burleson, T. Young and Best. Lots of mouths to feed in that Lion offense, not to mention that the Lions play a more vertical game with Burleson cleaning up the underneath stuff.

Second, if Pettigrew were the lone option at TE on the Lions there might be enough fantasy love to go around, but unfortunately he's not. Not only is Scheffler apparently the primary TE on 3rd downs, but we even had a couple Will Heller sightings in the red zone late in the game. Not good.

Third, perhaps Pettigrew had limited involvement in the game due to him being a little banged up in a blowout, but I still don't like the move from a fantasy perspective. The Pats keep their studs in the game no matter the score or situation.

In a game where his team scored 48 points, Pettigrew disappeared. Patriots TEs don't disappear, especially when Brady is airing it out at will. And again, I don't see his sore shoulder being a viable excuse; Pettigrew had plenty of snaps after his injury, he just didn't do anything.

I dropped Pettigrew in a flash, and have absolutely no reservations. You want your TE to be a consistent option on a potent offense, where he is a primary read on a regular basis. Pettigrew meets only one of these criteria; and I haven't even mentioned his bad hands yet. No thanks.

Valid points, Mo. I'm going to hold onto Pettigrew as my backup tight end just because I have Stafford. One injury to Sheffler or Burlseon and maybe he becomes more involved. My roster is very deep, so I don't need to drop him for anyone(though I should have for Gronk last week /sigh).

As for the second highlighted point, about the Pats keeping their studs in no matter the score or situation, well, that's usually because Belichik's a dick who runs up the score, although this year it's because he has to with that defense giving up almost as many yards as their offense generates. (Good thing this isn't an EPSN forum, or I'd be banned!)

I re-watched the game earlier tonight on GamPass just to see Cam again and it didn't look like anything was bothering DW. It just seemed like GB committed to stopping the run going in to the game and stuck with it. That seems to be why they got burned for 400 yards. That's my take but who knows.

DeAngelo, if he hasn't lost a step, will be fine. He's too good not to be. You would figure a more potent passing game would help his TD total, but I think Cam's going to end up with a good handful of rushing TD's this year. I'm trying to get him in the league that I lost Charles.

DeAngelo, if he hasn't lost a step, will be fine. He's too good not to be. You would figure a more potent passing game would help his TD total, but I think Cam's going to end up with a good handful of rushing TD's this year. I'm trying to get him in the league that I lost Charles.

Cheap price on DW, I can't say that I disagree... Charles owners have to act, and really shouldn't (can't) trade away everybody to cover for JC.