[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What ever happened to the Minn Vikings

tomconway

Is Brad Childress really to blame? Can people elaborate on that? This team was a interception away from Super Bowl. Losing Favre and Rice hurt this team sure but what else?

Pat Williams is gone. The oline has been exposed. The secondary continues to suck. The team made a completely uninspired choice in staying inhouse with Frazier. No QB and outside of Harvin the WRs suck as the team is placing faith in Bernard Berrian. Also overlooked is just how good Chester Taylor was on 3rd down. That spot was never filled.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

Is Brad Childress really to blame? Can people elaborate on that? This team was a interception away from Super Bowl. Losing Favre and Rice hurt this team sure but what else?

I'm not sure what % is Childress and what % is Spielman, but Childress completely sold out to get Favre, who managed to destroy Chilly's locker room cred. Not to mention the focus on obtaining Favre caused them to ignore the possibility of getting a young QB...make that a GOOD young QB, as they had Jackson and overpent for Ponder.

When the Favre gamble came up craps, Minny was screwed.

. No QB and outside of Harvin the WRs suck as the team is placing faith in Bernard Berrian.

Got to love the Vikes taking hand-me-downs from the Bears - at WR no less. :tup:

Then they've got a starting QB who couldn't beat out Rex freakin' Grossman. :wacko:

Nicely done with that personnel package there, Vikes! Maybe all the players should be wearing goldilocks wigs under their helmets.

Got to love the Vikes taking hand-me-downs from the Bears - at WR no less. :tup:

Then they've got a starting QB who couldn't beat out Rex freakin' Grossman. :wacko:

Nicely done with that personnel package there, Vikes! Maybe all the players should be wearing goldilocks wigs under their helmets.

No worries here. I'll just throw my support behind my second team, the Patriots and pretend I have no connections to the Vikings until they are good again.

Not to mention the focus on obtaining Favre caused them to ignore the possibility of getting a young QB

Favre isn't what caused this, moving up to draft Jackson in the first place and hanging his hat on him was what Childress did. It was the same year Drew Brees was a FA. The Vikes could have gone after Brees, but Childress went after TJax instead. For reals.

And Goopster, what was that INT thrown? Because on 3rd and short (with the best RB in the NFL) the Vikes get called for too many men in the huddle, forcing the Vikes to pass, which leads to the Favre interception. That is terrible coaching, that is ruining a franchise by taking a chance to go to the Big Dance away because of sheer idiocy.

JMHO's of course. :wacko:

Favre isn't what caused this, moving up to draft Jackson in the first place and hanging his hat on him was what Childress did. It was the same year Drew Brees was a FA. The Vikes could have gone after Brees, but Childress went after TJax instead. For reals.

He would have ruined Brees.