[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shocking Story - Breaking News - Arian Foster dropped in my league

TurboCowboy

Now, just wait one minute. IF this were a perfect market, then bad decisions would never be made. It's an imperfect market and people do stupid things. The guy who dropped him lives in Houston, and is probably tired of the radio talk jocks continually talking about the injured Arian Foster. I can only speculate that the guy who dropped him, as he sits in 10th place, figured Sproles, who he picked up in his spot, would get him W's faster than Foster would. I think his decision is poor but I happen to disagree that a commissioner needs to stop poor decisions in a league.

I also disagree with a Can Not Drop List. I may agree with it in a Public League where collusion could be more rampant, but amongst trustworthy friends, I think that you should allow the flexibility to be dumb.

:wacko:

Sincerely,

Turbo

He could have gotten more for him in a trade than what he got on the ww.

well, in fairness, they've been torched pretty good through two weeks.

It was after week 1 and, regardless of how many yards or points they've allowed, they're still 9th in the league you and I are in and 8th in her league. I'm not the guy who drafts Green Bay D, but if I was that guy, I would have spent an 8th round pick on them and might have expected to have them be my everyday D. I'd likely hang on to them for at least a few weeks before I cut them loose.

+1

I play the WW for defenses with solid matchups. I don't see any problem with dropping GB. I dropped the Saints (who play Houston) for San Diego this week, who were dropped last week heading into New England.

San Diego is actually available in her league and we were going to pick them up, but for the fact that KC is actually only marginally more generous thus far to Ds than GB's match-up Chicago and GB has been a far better fantasy D than San Diego thus far.

I just traded Foster for Kenny Britt. Amazingly enough the other guy let me keep Tate in the hope that Foster comes back 100% and becomes the bell cow again and puts Tate back on the sidelines. His other WRs are Andre Johnson, Wallace, Maclin, and Steve Smith CAR so he could afford to take that risk. What a steal......for now anyway.

I just traded Foster for Kenny Britt. Amazingly enough the other guy let me keep Tate in the hope that Foster comes back 100% and becomes the bell cow again and puts Tate back on the sidelines. His other WRs are Andre Johnson, Wallace, Maclin, and Steve Smith CAR so he could afford to take that risk. What a steal......for now anyway.

Well . . . somehow I got him. Yes, I picked up Arian Foster off waivers. 10th place dropped him, 9th place didn't pay attention, and as I sat in 8th place, I couldn't believe my good fortune this morning as Foster was added to my roster.

The text messages starting rolling in. "UNFAIR", "I call BS!", "This is ridiculous!" the commentary poured in from my league. It boils down to this I think. A "Can't Cut List" is right according to some, and bad according to others. We used to utilize it, but decided after a number of years using it that we didn't like it anymore. Anyway,

WINNING . . .

Thank you for your kind words of support.

:wacko: