[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buyer's Remorse

Grits and Shins

I was feeling pretty good thinking I didn't have any remorse, only to look at the draft chart and see that I took Felix Jones a few spots ahead of Matt Forte. In my defense I was underwhelmed by Forte on my team last year. If that's the worst move I make all year it shouldn't be too bad though.

Edited by MnLefty

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in a Dynasty League Rookie only draft i took Kaepernick over Newton in the 2nd rd. Just thought Kaepernick was in a much better situation and Newton was going to be an epic bust! one of my biggest misses ever in talent scouting.

in a Dynasty League Rookie only draft i took Kaepernick over Newton in the 2nd rd. Just thought Kaepernick was in a much better situation and Newton was going to be an epic bust! one of my biggest misses ever in talent scouting.

I wouldn't /cry to quickly on this one. I still think you'll be fairly happy with your choice later on.

I knew with pick two that the more solid play was Ray Rice. Instead, I gambled with Chris Johnson.

I picked two overall also and took Rice. I really, really wanted to take Johnson, but went the safe route. It let me feel better about taking McFadden(over Forte) early in the third round. As long as he stays healthy, I'm smiling, but I know at some point It's likely going to bite me in the ass. I also picked Stafford as my QB, but that was 8th round, so not as much a gamble.

Seriously? After two games??

I think the appropriate response would actually involve an 'ignore' with a comment along the lines of 'squeeze me a little bit harder....'

But, seriously, I chose to release Philip Rivers in favor of keeping Roddy White in a QB Heavy league. LOUSY move. I recognize this ever after two games. :wacko:

Seriously? After two games??

This is the correct answer.

Unless it's someone like P Manning and you drafted him despite knowing what his health conditions were, it's WAAYYYY too early in the year to be second guessing a pick like Fitz as your WR1 or giving up and dumping Thomas after 1 week.

Man, you start doing that kind of stuff and your leaguemates are going to start feasting on you. You're dumping what was a high or upper midround pick after 1 bad week and your opponents are picking that guy up with the value being the last guy on their roster. That's a lose-lose for you.

Unless it's someone like P Manning and you drafted him despite knowing what his health conditions were, it's WAAYYYY too early in the year to be second guessing a pick like Fitz as your WR1 or giving up and dumping Thomas after 1 week.

Man, you start doing that kind of stuff and your leaguemates are going to start feasting on you. You're dumping what was a high or upper midround pick after 1 bad week and your opponents are picking that guy up with the value being the last guy on their roster. That's a lose-lose for you.

Don't know that I read it as "dumping a player", rather, "if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't touch ___________ with a ten foot pole based on (somebody's) expectations". I'm certainly not letting Greene go, just that I'd pass on him if I had the same draft up to the point I picked him at 3.10.

Don't know that I read it as "dumping a player", rather, "if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't touch ___________ with a ten foot pole based on (somebody's) expectations". I'm certainly not letting Greene go, just that I'd pass on him if I had the same draft up to the point I picked him at 3.10.

My point being that when this season is finished, there is a real possibility that looking back you may realize that you actually ending up stealing Greene at 3.10 (though I think that was right around his ADP if I'm not mistaken).

It's too early to be making those judgments, and it's certainly too early to do what some are doing like sending upper 4/5 round picks to the WW.

In my auction draft, P. Manning for $12, thinking maybe he'd miss a week or two. Vick went for $44, Rodgers for $38, so thought I was getting a steal. Could've had Ryan for $8, Schaub for $9, Flacco for $4... :tup:

And then Arian Foster for $45 and got sniped on Tate (AP, Rice, CJ, Charles, Mendenhall, McCoy all went for more). Fortunately, the guy that got Tate offered him to me straight up for Berrian. :wacko: I jumped on that. :lol:

Exactly

My point being that when this season is finished, there is a real possibility that looking back you may realize that you actually ending up stealing Greene at 3.10 (though I think that was right around his ADP if I'm not mistaken).

It's too early to be making those judgments, and it's certainly too early to do what some are doing like sending upper 4/5 round picks to the WW.

Exactly again.

Question for the "sky is falling" kids in the class. Anyone recall which WR lead the NFL in TD receptions last season? Anyone remember how his first two games went?

Question for the "sky is falling" kids in the class. Anyone recall which WR lead the NFL in TD receptions last season? Anyone remember how his first two games went?

I do. I dropped him and watched someone else pick him up and go on to win the championship. Never again. LOL

Edited by nelsosi

Drafted J. Charles in first round.

Drafted S. Jackson in second round.

Drafted Schaub in third round (yeah, probably a reach but didn't expect Texans defense to be so good)

Drafted Cedric Benson (facing suspension)

Drafted Malcom Floyd as #3 WR (injury prone, had him last year, will never draft again)

Remorseful that I attempted fantasy football this year.

Drafting 7th I was going to take Rodgers or Brady, instead Charles dropped to me and then I grabbed Peyton in the 3rd (he was supposedly only missing 2 games). So with Charles, McFadden and Manning for my first three picks I was very happy. Now I would rather of had Brady, McFadden and Vincent Jackson, doh!

Man, that's brutal...you must've pizzed off the fantasy gods somehow, hope you have more than one league.