[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buy Low Candidates

DanTheMan_5

After the first 2 or 3 weeks I always like to scout around my league mates teams and search for players who have had sour starts or perhaps injuries that I migth be able to trade for without giving up too much. A few that come to mind are:

Antonio Gates

Arian Foster

Chris Johnson (who I only like because of his upcoming soft rushing schedule)

L blounte

Mike Williams

Lance Moore

Steven Jackson

D Bowe (only if he's REAL cheap)

Mark Ingram (although the RBBC there sucks)

Just curious if any of you have been busy offering or recieveing trades. I probably spend way too much time thinking of trade ideas, but I like the idea of laniding a stud by giving up a marginal starter or 2. I should stipulate that I don't consider all of the above as stud potential.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

I send out a lot of trade offers as well and agree it is harder to work trades in a redraft, especially this early in the year. People still hold their players value close to thier draft position.

That being said, I have been able to acquire SJAX for Tolbert and Tate in a leauge where I had 6 viable RBs and can only start 2. I was also able to acquire Britt for Fred Jackson after week 1.

I would be careful looking at Gates as a buy low candidate. I love Gates and own him in multiple leagues, but I just heard an interview with a beat reporter in SD indicating he was having a lot of trouble with the foot again. He even uttered the phrase, "Could be the beginning of the end"....

I wouldn't touch Foster with a ten foot pole at this point. Tate has his foot in the door and, even if Foster is healthy, he will have a substantial role in that offense.

Mike Williams is a great Buy-low candidate. I am targeting him, but haven't been able to swing a deal yet.

1 bad week doesnt constitue Mike Williams as a buy low. I have him & wont give him up for the trash that people are offering up for him. The man had 11 TD's last year and close to 1K yards. He will be a top 15 WR this year, so dont sell low on him early after 1 bad week.....you will regret it while your opponent laughs his way to the playoffs.

I send out dozens of trade offers a week, but it's a lot harder to trade in redrafts than in dynasty. For example, I just made a dynasty trade using future draft picks, so that makes it easier to get done. But player for player trades seem to come down more to whether I got lucky and have an excess of good producing players and another team has a stud, but one or more starters and/or their depth got wiped out

Stop rubbing it in dick . . . .:wacko:

:tup:

Bowe is an outstanding buy low candidate. Who else are they going to try to get the ball to now with Charles gone? And you know they'll be playing from behind all the time. He may have a tough time this week against a skilled San Diego secondary. If so his value should be even lower. After this weeks game he has a spate of games that look very productive lined up.

Bowe is an outstanding buy low candidate. Who else are they going to try to get the ball to now with Charles gone? And you know they'll be playing from behind all the time. He may have a tough time this week against a skilled San Diego secondary. If so his value should be even lower. After this weeks game he has a spate of games that look very productive lined up.

+1

Disagree. There may be some ok games, but KC is a bottom feeder this year and when opposing defenses don't have to worry about the run the passing game suffers.

Someone actually waived Lance Moore in one of my leagues, so I'd love to pick him up for free.

Thing is, it's an odd scoring league that gives 1 pt for 20 yds receiving and 1 pt for 25 yards on returns. The guys who I'd consider ditching for Moore are Mike Thomas and Randall Cobb, but I'm hesitant. Thomas because I'd like to see what happens with Gabbert and Cobb because he's getting some decent return yards.

Roddy White?

How about sell high candidates? Or should that be its own thread?

I'm thinking Fred Davis should be a sell high. I mean who the hell is he? He's had two great games to start off with after an injury to Cooley gave him the opportunity, and he could be the next elite tight end for all I know, but before the season nobody even knew who he was.

Roddy White?

I'm thinking Fred Davis should be a sell high. I mean who the hell is he? He's had two great games to start off with after an injury to Cooley gave him the opportunity, and he could be the next elite tight end for all I know, but before the season nobody even knew who he was.

Who's going to sell Fred Davis high? The guy who just picked him up on waivers this week? I don't know about you, but I've never been in a league where I've been able to move a guy like that. He'd have to put in a few more weeks like he's done. And by that time, he's proven worthy of being your starting TE anyway.

Roddy White?

He was a get TE 2 years ago when Cooley was hurt then.

Edited by Big John

Just traded for Roddy myself, along with Jermichael and Kolb. Sent away Brees, Dez, Blount and Addai to the former JC owner.

Was fortunate enough to have drafted Stafford as my backup, he's my main man now, stay upright my friend.

Edited by PPIchamp

I send out a lot of trade offers as well and agree it is harder to work trades in a redraft, especially this early in the year. People still hold their players value close to thier draft position.

That being said, I have been able to acquire SJAX for Tolbert and Tate in a leauge where I had 6 viable RBs and can only start 2. I was also able to acquire Britt for Fred Jackson after week 1.

I would be careful looking at Gates as a buy low candidate. I love Gates and own him in multiple leagues, but I just heard an interview with a beat reporter in SD indicating he was having a lot of trouble with the foot again. He even uttered the phrase, "Could be the beginning of the end"....

I wouldn't touch Foster with a ten foot pole at this point. Tate has his foot in the door and, even if Foster is healthy, he will have a substantial role in that offense.

Mike Williams is a great Buy-low candidate. I am targeting him, but haven't been able to swing a deal yet.

Send me an offer, I'll give ya Mikey

Along with the difficulty of trading in a redraft league, my league is very flex heavy, only requiring 1 RB, 1WR, 1TE and 3 flex spots, so positional depth is rarely a motivating trade factor. Most teams can still piece together a decent lineup even if they're "weak" at one position. Also the couple teams that end up really struggling often won't give up their only stud for 2 average starters, even if they really ought to.

Thus far my draft has really panned out as well as I could have hoped, both starters and as far as depth with value picks later in the draft... Stafford, Starks, D. Thomas, Britt, Tate... but because nobody "needs" a certain position it makes it that much harder for me to roll that into a more stud like player in a deal.

I officially have removed Gates from my buy-low campaign.

I got enough injured players without his headache. Reminds me of Percy Harvin and his Migraines having to wait until kickoff every week to find out if he starts.

Edited by DanTheMan_5

When theyr'e not being double covered and the QB isn't under constant pressure...??

Losing jamaal charles isn't going to make defenses focus solely on the passing game and constantly double team dwayne bowe every play, that's not how the game is played. There may be one less man in the box at times, but realistically it will simply assure that the team on the whole continues to be bad, loses games and frequently plays from behind during second halves, meaning many targets on a consistent basis for bowe. During games when KC is in it, they will likely only be in it because they've been able to get production out of bowe in the first place, since he's likely to hands down be their best playmaker now.

I learned last year that the only time to not start Bowe is against top tier secondaries and shut down corners, since these are the times he's most likely to post a goose egg. All other times he's money.

Edited by Crazysight