[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

waiver wire question

bigbuck

We are using my fantasy web sight (10 team league ) Waiver rules are last place up to first picking order per round per day

I'm in 9th place the comish is telling me if I put in for same player as 10th place team in the first round I loose my pick for the round even though I backed it up with another 1st round pick in case the 10th place guy would go on that same player, the other 8 teams get a first round pick and I don't , because the only guy I was ahead of in the whole league went after the same player I I don't agree with the comish.

How do other leagues run there waiver system

One league we do blind bids. Everyone has $100 (rotobucks/monoply money) to bid. Once it is gone you can still bid $0 and get the person.

Another league if 2 or more teams put in for a player we go the envelope where the commish opens an envelope and whatever team has closest to 1 gets him. The envelope has a listing a teams. The teams are folded up prior to draft. Each team at the draft will get a envelope or 2 at the draft where they will pull teams, so first team pulled you write 1 without looking at the team (so on and so forth). Put them back and seal the envelope.

We are using my fantasy web sight (10 team league ) Waiver rules are last place up to first picking order per round per day

I'm in 9th place the comish is telling me if I put in for same player as 10th place team in the first round I loose my pick for the round even though I backed it up with another 1st round pick in case the 10th place guy would go on that same player, the other 8 teams get a first round pick and I don't , because the only guy I was ahead of in the whole league went after the same player I I don't agree with the comish.

That's just dumb. Imagine if you had to draft that way... you have the 3rd pick and go with CJ2k, but then the guy at 2 takes him and you get nothing... not that different in my mind. You should be able to pick up the best available/your most wanted with your spot. I think you have to do it the way you mentioned, giving a list of first/second/third choice as it would probably drag the waiver process too long for the league to wait for each spot to make their claim one at a time. You shouldn't get screwed by having an early waiver priority which is exactly what happens if it goes the way the commish lays out.

My league uses blind bidding with $100 cap, with ties broken by common waiver priority settings. I lost out on Helu by $1, my $10 to winners $11, but at least I had a fair shot at it.

Pretty poor rule. I'm really surprised that no one had an issue with it before the season started, which was the time to change it. If I were you, I'd put the question to the league and see if they agree with the rule if this is indeed what it says, and if not if they agree with the commish's interpretation of it. And even though it's poor form, it's still not too late to change such a crappy rule.

The commish is flat out wrong. MFL will let you set up multiple picks and even do it by round. If your first guy is gone, you will get you second guy. Commish is clueless unless he does it manually and made up his own goofy rule for how waivers work.

The commish is flat out wrong. MFL will let you set up multiple picks and even do it by round. If your first guy is gone, you will get you second guy. Commish is clueless unless he does it manually and made up his own goofy rule for how waivers work.

Thank you I appreciate the input

Here is what it says in the myfantasyleague commish setup area...

Tell the commish that you want waivers to be processed automatically by the MFL waiver system or get new owners every year.

Available Waiver Types

The first step is to understand what a 'waiver' really is. In the MyFantasyLeague.com system, a waiver is commonly (but not always) a general term for all player adds and drops. There are a variety of waiver types at your disposal (see below). In some cases, however, leagues prefer to split out waivers (aka, recently dropped players) from true free agents . In this case the waivers can take on either the Waiver Request or Blind Bidding type while the free agent pickups are done using a FCFS method. There can only be one type of waiver defined at any point in time so not all waivers need be defined with an ending date/time (since the start of a subsequent waiver event will immediately force the end of the preceding waiver event). The primary benefit of not using an end date/time in waiver definitions is the increased owner understanding due to a less-congested League Calendar report (and corresponding home page module).

No Waivers Allowed. Use this waiver style to prevent owners from performing any waiver moves for a portion of the waiver week. If you prefer to not allow owners to make waiver moves at any time, you should instead use the Setup > Abilities Setup screen and uncheck all the boxes in the 'Perform Waivers' column for your owners. This will have the added effect of removing the For Owners > Waivers menu item.

First Come First Served (FCFS). This is probably the most common waiver style used. The acquisition of a new, free-agent (FA) player is based entirely on timing. If team A requests a player before team B, then team A gets the player.

Waiver Request. Unlike the FCFS method above, a waiver request method allows a league to use criteria other than time to determine how waiver will be granted. This is often used by leagues where at least some of the franchise owners are busy and cannot access the league 24x7. In the waiver request model, the commissioner defines a time for the waiver request period to end (more about this later). All franchise owners have until this time to submit their requests. For example, if a waiver request period ran until Saturday at noon, and franchise A's owner was out of town for the week, he/she would still be able to make requests for a player when he/she returned. Franchise B might also have made the request for the same players as franchise A only earlier in the week. In this case, the fact that franchise B made the waiver request BEFORE franchise A has no merit. Continuing with our example, we assume this league uses the current won-loss record for each team as the basis for awarding the waiver. If franchise A had a LOWER won-loss record than franchise B (ie, a worse record), then franchise A would be awarded the player. Note that the system also allows for at least five levels of sort criteria to handle ties.

To continue operating as fairly as possible, the waiver request model only allows each franchise the ability to acquire a single player at a time. As a result, all teams that request a unique player will receive one player before any franchise receives a second player. The term 'waiver round' is used to specify the period whereby each franchise gets a single waiver request. Since it's quite reasonable, however, that a franchise would desire more than one waiver in a given week, the commissioner can define up to eight waiver rounds. This will limit a franchise from picking up a maximum of eight new players in a given waiver window.

Edited by MikesVikes