[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Giants passing game

Scorcher

Watched both games and have to say not impressed. Are they just rusty or are they just not going to be very exciting to watch this year? I am wondering about their receivers including Nicks. I read a comment that Bradford played a better game than Eli last week and I have to agree.

I have Nicks and I am a little worried because Manning does not look too good at all right now.

Yep. No one would ever mistake Eli for his brother, but he was at least adequate enough to make Nicks and Steve Smith fantasy studs. Now between Eli's play and Nicks' constant nagging injuries, I'm not feeling good as a Nicks owner (3 leagues :wacko:). And I'd say the Giants just look "off" on both sides of the ball.

I don't see much out of this week. Some are saying it's going to be a shootout but I am leaning more toward a$$ whipping.

I agree, but I still say in general Nicks will be very good and get his (assuming health). I mean how can he not considering the other weapons.

MM will get targets and is obviously solid (he isn't going to play this Sunday), but other than that you just have to figure Nicks gets 10 + targets a game as a starting point. Any WR with his ultra talent will put up numbers with that many targets. And while Eli is an average QB, and not a high level fantasy QB, he is solid and certainly good enough to make Nicks a stud.

MM I think will be a top 25ish WR when all is said and done.

The rest I wouldn't touch.

Edited by giantsfan

I agree, but I still say in general Nicks will be very good and get his (assuming health). I mean how can he not considering the other weapons.

MM will get targets and is obviously solid (he isn't going to play this Sunday), but other than that you just have to figure Nicks gets 10 + targets a game as a starting point. Any WR with his ultra talent will put up numbers with that many targets. And while Eli is an average QB, and not a high level fantasy QB, he is solid and certainly good enough to make Nicks a stud.

MM I think will be a top 25ish WR when all is said and done.

The rest I wouldn't touch.

Wish I shared your optimism. This Sunday will be very telling -- Nicks vs. the NFL's top corner, Manningham out, Hixon gone...if there is another NFL-caliber receiver to play across from Nicks as he's getting triple-teamed, I'll be damned if I know that guy's name.

Wish I shared your optimism. This Sunday will be very telling -- Nicks vs. the NFL's top corner, Manningham out, Hixon gone...if there is another NFL-caliber receiver to play across from Nicks as he's getting triple-teamed, I'll be damned if I know that guy's name.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with you this Sunday. Think the Giants get whipped. I still feel Nicks gets okay numbers (maybe 4 or 5 catches), someone has to make some plays for the Giants, but certainly not going to go crazy this Sunday. And with no Manningham they will be all in to stop Nicks.

But overall I think Nicks will be a stud and Manningham will be a top 25ish WR.

This Sunday will be a rough one though, we agree there.

Edited by giantsfan

I agree with giantsfan's assessment. It's hard to like Nicks' potential this week, but overall he gets too many targets and is too talented to have anything less than a "good" season. Assuming he stays healthy, of course. And if it rains as expected this weekend, it just takes one slip by Asomugha to let Nicks get loose for a long one. Heh-heh, I said long one. :wacko:

One thing I was thinking about today......considering the Giants' lack of a playmaker at TE, is why don't they try to trade for Shiancoe or Shockey? Both have played for the Giants, and both with Eli as their QB. They know the system. If nothing else, it would force defenses to game plan for them since they've both had a history of success in the league, Shockey moreso than Shiancoe. I don't imagine either of those guys would come cheap, but an argument could be made that they are expendable to their current teams: the Panthers would still have Greg Olsen at TE, and the Vikings would have their talented rookie Kyle Rudolph at TE.

Anyway, just something that popped into my mind. I think adding a decent veteran TE could open things up more for the passing game, and there are 2 out there that have played for the Giants, with Eli, and know the system.

Why does Eli have major suckitude this year? His offensive line. The pass protection is abysmal. He needs a pocket and time to throw. The Giants routes are of the long developing type, not short quick passes over the middle. This line can't protect long enough for the routes to develop.

It isn't about Nicks, the injuries, the matchups or Eli. It's about the O line.

I think I have to bench Nicks this week vs Nnamdi with no one else to draw attention for the Giants other than the RB's.

Who are you starting instead? My only option is Eric Decker, which I'm fully considering for the reasons mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately I drafted both Nicks and Manningham and was hoping one would be impressive enough at this point to trade. At least I have more time til bye week. :wacko:

Who are you starting instead? My only option is Eric Decker, which I'm fully considering for the reasons mentioned in this thread. Unfortunately I drafted both Nicks and Manningham and was hoping one would be impressive enough at this point to trade. At least I have more time til bye week. :wacko:

It's my flex spot so I'm deciding between Sproles vs Houston (1 ppr) or Jimmy Graham vs Houston (1.5 ppr for TE). With Nnamdi covering Nicks and no other WR to require double coverage I think Nicks does nothing.

Meh..5 targets for te's in 2 games. I realize it has'nt been Beckum but I don't see it

much more athletic than the blocking TE they have been using (Ballard I think)

Manningham out

Throwing to the WRs will be dicey with the Eagles CBs

Eagles haven't stopped a team's gameplans to TEs in years

I'm not going to totally write off the Giants. I made that mistake the year they ended up beating the Pats in the superbowl. I think it was that year that they started the year like dogshirt. But it certainly looks grim at the moment.

I'm not going to totally write off the Giants. I made that mistake the year they ended up beating the Pats in the superbowl. I think it was that year that they started the year like dogshirt. But it certainly looks grim at the moment.

Remember last year's Chiefs. The Giants are better at EVERY position except RB. The schedule is not that tough. Big things in store for Nicks. Start him as usual.

Remember last year's Chiefs. The Giants are better at EVERY position except RB. The schedule is not that tough. Big things in store for Nicks. Start him as usual.

:wacko:

Might want to check the schedule again, it's absolutely brutal especially after the bye.

Nicks has some soft matchups here and there and will no doubt exploit those, but I'm not nearly as high on him as I was before the season. If you went WR-WR and got Nicks as your second WR, you're not hating life, but if you had a late pick and took him as your #1 receiver expecting a breakout into the elite tier this season, I don't see it happening. I have no doubt he will have huge games (if he can stay healthy), but he's not going to be a consistent stud week in and week out.

at Zona

Seattle

Buff

Miami

at NE

at SF

Philly

at NO

GB

at Dall

Wash

at NYJ

Looks pretty good to me. Philly and at NYJ seem to be the real bad matchups, with GB also tough. Other than that who scares you?

NE has been lit up this year (although with Belichick you expect them to get better).

NO has been poor on pass D.

Dallas has been average at best on pass D.

Point is, I think they may have played their toughest game of the season, pass wise, yesterday at Philly (NYJ are close).

I would expect Nicks to be top 8 or so from today forward. Is he Calvin/Andre/Fitz...no, but he is a # 1 WR IMO. Maybe a mid/low # 1 depending on league size.

MM I would say top 25ish give or take.

I think the Giants passing game will get on a nice run the next 6 games or so. Schedule looks good that's for sure.

We'll see.

Edited by giantsfan