[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welker

Jackass

Lost with Welker, Rice, Bradshaw, and Schaub because Nicks did squat, VJAX blew, and I went against Brady, White, and McFadden. Lost by 8. 232 to 222

Ah the beauty of Fantasy Football!!

:wacko:

Damn I'm drunk. Lost by 10. Drowning my sorrows. 1 - 2 and most points scored in the league by a large margin. Problem is I have the most points scored against me. Two weeks straight I would have beat any of the 8 other teams. Got to love FF

Cheers!

You cannot stop Welker. You can only hope to contain him.

Anyone notice Welker and Gronk caught 84% of Brady's passing yardage today?

Stevie Johnson's stats were nearly identical to last week's(on three less targets). Plus, he's playing hurt. The guy is money and tough as nails. (Take note, Dez. THIS is how you do it.)

Edited by Tripleshot

You cannot stop Welker. You can only hope to contain him.

Anyone notice Welker and Gronk caught 84% of Brady's passing yardage today?

Stevie Johnson's stats were nearly identical to last week's(on three less targets). Plus, he's playing hurt. The guy is money and tough as nails. I wonder what he'll do when he's healthy.

Probably blacken Chuck Norris' eye, kick his dog, and steal his women, all before breakfast.

Damn I'm drunk. Lost by 10. Drowning my sorrows. 1 - 2 and most points scored in the league by a large margin. Problem is I have the most points scored against me. Two weeks straight I would have beat any of the 8 other teams. Got to love FF

Cheers!

I always figure that sort of luck evens out over the season - as long as your team keeps doing what it's supposed to, you'll make the playoffs.

The great thing about this league is we pay out for the highest total points scored at the end of the regular season. It basically pays back most of the buy-in costs for the year. Sometimes someone wins this and additional money as they advance to different levels of the playoffs. A few times we have had teams win highest point total and never sniff the playoffs.

Yeah, because in standard scoring, 200+ yards and 2 TDs doesn't really amount to much.

1 point per catch? too much. just because a guy catches a pass, even if it is for no yards, he gets 10 yards worth of points for it. Throw in Wes Welker and his 16 catches gives him an extra 160 yards or almost 3 TDs. Makes me wonder how catches and yardage can be of equal value :wacko:

1 point per catch? too much. just because a guy catches a pass, even if it is for no yards, he gets 10 yards worth of points for it. Throw in Wes Welker and his 16 catches gives him an extra 160 yards or almost 3 TDs. Makes me wonder how catches and yardage can be of equal value :wacko:

I'm not arguing that PPR, in general, is a good way to score and have often wondered why leagues don't simply give WRs more pts per yard than they do RBs if the goal is to make the position more important.

But that's just because I don't think a guy should get a pt for a meaningless catch. However, considering that Welker was certainly doing something with those catches, this might not be a shining example of why PPR is not a good thing.

Welker....my fantasy nemesis. Owned him in 2008...nada. He kicked my azz twice last year...he beat me, got traded, beat me again. Bid on him this year (auction draft), bowed out too early, ended up with MWilliams instead for what I could have had him for. Then he beats me with his 99 yarder the first game this year. Welker....somebody oughta shoot him.

Edited by SecondString

I'm not arguing that PPR, in general, is a good way to score and have often wondered why leagues don't simply give WRs more pts per yard than they do RBs if the goal is to make the position more important.

But that's just because I don't think a guy should get a pt for a meaningless catch. However, considering that Welker was certainly doing something with those catches, this might not be a shining example of why PPR is not a good thing.

we do a 0.5 ppr with a 0.5 bonus for a catch that results in a first down. We might change and just keep the first down part and award a whole point there. No extra points for rushing first downs. I hear the sarcasm about him not having enough points for the 200+ yards and TDs :tup: , I mean, 30+ points is not enough, let's just make it 50+ :wacko: