[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manning done for the season

rajncajn

As if there was much question.

Irsay: Manning out for the season

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will be out for the remainder of the season, team owner Jim Irsay announced at breakfast meeting with Super Bowl donors Monday.

The announcement comes just hours after the Colts turned to their third string quarterback in a 23-20 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Sources at the breakfast meeting report Manning won't practice again until December and may not play again until 2012.

The Colts confirmed Sept. 8 that Manning had a "single-level anterior fusion" and that his third surgery was "uneventful."

Edited by rajncajn

Wouldn't be shocked if Manning's thrown his last pass.

I've thought that ever since I heard he had that surgery.

Let's see, he has a Superbowl ring, he is a HoF lock, his team is aging, he's got more money than God, he will be able to write his own checks for a TV spot and he doesn't risk his life or long term ability to not be a quadriplegic.

I'd announce doneness now if I was him and happily release Indy from my contract.

all being said, why in the world did the Colts offer the new contract or extension or whatever it was? Didn't they know his condition? And why is the owner tweeting this year? Where did all this come from? And he sounds like he is in denial that this could be the last of Peyton Manning. Two neck surgeries in his career followed by a 3rd neck surgery immediately after the 2nd, b/c the 2nd was not healing.