[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McFadden

ReturnToSender

Swammi... just to be irritating... I realize you point out that DMC only missed out on "5 chances" when he actually missed out on 5 scores, you posted on everyplay that could have gone to Mccoy.

Splitting hairs difference but those of us that lost week one when DMC runs 40+yds to the 1... and to let another friggin Rb punch it in so we lose by 4pts becasue friggin Brady goes for 500 yds.... ARRRGGGGHHHHH!!! Breathe 1,2,3... Breathe 4,5,6 Breathe 7,8,9... ok better now.

no idea how I missed that, thanks for making my point even more valid

McFadden has indeed missed out on FIVE SCORES, not attempts

but yes, the points re: McCoy are still valid. how about this? top TWO RBs? :wacko:

Edited by markgugs

Swammi... just to be irritating... I realize you point out that DMC only missed out on "5 chances" when he actually missed out on 5 scores, you posted on everyplay that could have gone to Mccoy.

no idea how I missed that, thanks for making my point even more valid

:wacko: um, no it doesn't...some quick easy research, guys:

Game 1 vs Denver (3 total plays)

1-3-DEN3 (13:33) J.Campbell pass short right to M.Reece for 3 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

3-3-DEN3 (1:33) (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass incomplete short middle to B.Myers (D.Bruton).

1-1-DEN1 (12:37) J.Campbell up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

Game 2 vs. Buffalo (4 total plays):

1-1-BUF1 (12:27) M.Bush left guard to BUF 2 for -1 yards (N.Barnett, Sp.Johnson).

2-2-BUF2 (11:41) J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to B.Myers. Overthrown, receiver in back of end zone.

3-2-BUF2 (11:37) PENALTY on BUF-K.Heard, Neutral Zone Infraction, 1 yard, enforced at BUF 2 - No Play.

3-1-BUF1 (11:37) M.Bush up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

1-1-BUF1 (1:25) J.Campbell up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN. QB sneak.

Game 3 vs NY Jets (1 play)

1-1-NYJ1 (15:00) K.Barnes reported in as eligible. M.Bush up the middle for 1 yard, TOUCHDOWN.

So in sum, of all plays inside the 5 yard line, the Eagles ran 9 plays that didn't go to McCoy, and the Raiders ran 8 plays that didn't go to McFadden.

I realize my original wording was confusing, but based on everything you posted re: McCoy, and what I MEANT when I posted re: McFadden, the Eagles only scored 1 TD inside-the-5 that could have gone to McCoy. The other 8 plays that McCoy didn't get also didn't result in Eagle TDs.

McFadden lost out on 5 TDs. Of course there's no guarantee he would have scored on any of the 5, but the original point being made was that McFadden is the leading SCORING RB for FFB purposes, and with could be by a lot wider margin than he already is.

Make sense now?

I realize my original wording was confusing, but based on everything you posted re: McCoy, and what I MEANT when I posted re: McFadden, the Eagles only scored 1 TD inside-the-5 that could have gone to McCoy. The other 8 plays that McCoy didn't get also didn't result in Eagle TDs.

McFadden lost out on 5 TDs. Of course there's no guarantee he would have scored on any of the 5, but the original point being made was that McFadden is the leading SCORING RB for FFB purposes, and with could be by a lot wider margin than he already is.

Make sense now?

I know what you think your are trying to say ( :wacko: ), but your point is irrelevant. The fact that Eagles didn't score on those plays makes no difference to your argument. The larger point is, that due to other options available, and to some questionable playcalling, McCoy lost what could have been TD carries. McFadden has essentially lost the same amount of chances that could have been TD carries. Whether either team inevitably cashed in with those other options is moot.

Plain and simple, the correct statement would be "McCoy and McFadden both lose an equal amount of touches inside the five-yard line to other options."

I know what you think your are trying to say ( :wacko: ), but your point is irrelevant. The fact that Eagles didn't score on those plays makes no difference to your argument. The larger point is, that due to other options available, and to some questionable playcalling, McCoy lost what could have been TD carries. McFadden has essentially lost the same amount of chances that could have been TD carries. Whether either team inevitably cashed in with those other options is moot.

Plain and simple, the correct statement would be "McCoy and McFadden both lose an equal amount of touches inside the five-yard line to other options."

This is correct, in that both seem to get hosed on the goal line... I am happy to have either on my FF team.

Funny how you use your "best" player (IMO, before all the QB WR arguments start) to get to the goal line and then not give them a chance to punch it in?????

Kinda like my Vikes going for a 4 and 1 in the 4th quarter vs the lions and giving it to TOBY Friggin GERHART and not ADRIAN $100MM Peterson... Dance with the one that brought ya! Football is not about being clever, it is about who can make a play.

Can't we all be happy for McFadden, I mean, he's always hated on, goes out, plays through pain, runs tough, great burst, catches passes and helps his team win. Every back loses some goal line touches to fullbacks, QBs, play action, a vulture. The last 16 game stat lines should be enough to make your mouth water over the what if's, like play 16 games, I'd settle for 14 straight.