[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MNF

HowboutthemCowboys

:wacko:

Costa was clearly having issues, that was plain for all to see. Hard to fault Tony for calling him out ... especially when the entire Dallas media organization has been screaming for Romo to be the leader on the field (i.e. they want to see it).

I'd like to see my Q.B. pat the kid on the head. When they get to the sidelines tell the offensive coordiantor what is going on, that it might be a problem, and then work it out to be certain it does not happen again. If that means getting out of the shotgun for the rest of the game, so be it. That, to me, would have been leadership. To leave the matter unresolved in the game to arise again and again, and to berate him each time, not so much. He did not contribute to fixing the problem, only to focusing the blame, and that had to make it more difficult for the kid to perfom optimally.

Just my perspective. I'm old and out of touch with the ways of the world today. Leaders support during crisis, and demand excellence during practice, and if they sense a lack of commitment they replace that link with the fully committed, even if they are less talented.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DeAngelo's postgame comments....

With the Cowboys facing third-and-21, would it have made more sense for Haslett to go with a more conservative blitz? Or drop and cover? It might have been four-down territory for the Cowboys, but when an all-out blitz doesn’t get home, bad things often happen.

You ain’t supposed to have to (cover for that long), but (expletive) happens,” Hall said, according to Ryan O’Halloran of CSN Washington. “Sooner or later, somebody is going (bleeping) figure (the blitz) out. You don’t have to be a (bleeping) rocket scientist to figure it out after a while.”

Now, about that facemask call. Replays showed Hall’s hand went across Bryant’s facemask but there wasn’t much of a tug or twist.

“That was a (bleeping) terrible call,” Hall said. “I told the ref he’s going to (bleeping) lose his job. I told the ref, ‘That might have been the worst call of the game.’ He’s going to get some demerit points for that call because that wasn’t no face-mask.”

:wacko:

He certainly wants others held to high standards, doesn't he.

I'd like to see my Q.B. pat the kid on the head. When they get to the sidelines tell the offensive coordiantor what is going on, that it might be a problem, and then work it out with the center and the Q.B. That, to me, would have been leadership. To leave the matter unresolved in the game to arise again and again, and to berate him each time, not so much. he did not contribute to fixing the problem, only the blame, and that had to make it more difficult for th ekid to perfom optimally.

This.

Shrieking at the center isn't any kind of leadership other than bad.

This.

Shrieking at the center isn't any kind of leadership other than bad.

Oh give me a break. I'm not about to go as far as calling him a great leader for barking at his O-lineman, but did you watch Romo scooting away from the play when he handed off, protecting the ribs when he got hit (not to mention the shots of him looking extremely uncomfortable in warmups). Leader or not, anyone would be doing the same thing if you had to wear a kevlar vest just not to get destroyed by the best athletes in the world shooting at the lung you just punctured. He had every right to be completely pissed that his O-lineman was causing him to be a sitting duck when the ball goes flying all over the place and can end up getting him hit or at the bottom of a pile.

Oh give me a break. I'm not about to go as far as calling him a great leader for barking at his O-lineman, but did you watch Romo scooting away from the play when he handed off, protecting the ribs when he got hit (not to mention the shots of him looking extremely uncomfortable in warmups). Leader or not, anyone would be doing the same thing if you had to wear a kevlar vest just not to get destroyed by the best athletes in the world shooting at the lung you just punctured. He had every right to be completely pissed that his O-lineman was causing him to be a sitting duck when the ball goes flying all over the place and can end up getting him hit or at the bottom of a pile.

Lots of Q.B.'s have had injured ribs. I don't recall too many of them shrieking at their line when there were break downs. I do remember some even patting their guys on the ass after a breakdown to give them encouragement.

I know my view goes against the accepted myth being forged, forged a little too desperately in my mind, as if all Cowboy fans need it to stave off the truth they feel lurking. Regardless, maybe I am just out of touch with the world. Maybe doing nothing to address the problem with the center and with the O-line coach and offensive coordinator on the sideline or during the halftime was the way to go. Perhaps Romo is not allowed to address things with them. Perhaps in this new generation of athlete they would rather be shrieked at than talked to and encouraged. Perhaps that was leadership i a new age I do not yet understand.