[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendy

Gourdeau

WHat is going on with Mendy, O Line has always been bad with this team, could be it the # of carries catching up to him for the past 3 years....I for one am starting to get a little worried having him in my lineup as my # 2....

Edited by Gourdeau

I agree, I'm not starting him again until he starts showing some burst. He looks slow to the hole and is making bad decisions when he gets there. The line could be the issue, but I see Redman doing much better with his touches. He has no trade value at this point, so I'm sticking Bradshaw in for him for a while. Any homer thoughts on why Mendy is running so poorly?

I agree, I'm not starting him again until he starts showing some burst. He looks slow to the hole and is making bad decisions when he gets there. The line could be the issue, but I see Redman doing much better with his touches. He has no trade value at this point, so I'm sticking Bradshaw in for him for a while. Any homer thoughts on why Mendy is running so poorly?

[beeR] Maybe he's too busy coming up with an idiotic "tweet" to focus on his football... No seriously though, the guy is a moron. Racist. [\BeeR]

Edited by millerx

From what I have seen, he is not getting much blocking. Add in the fact that he had a long season last year (19 games) with a LOT of touches ( > 400) and you may have the makings for some disappointing games :wacko:

I'm trying to get rid of him in the one league I have him, I don't see the steelers o-line woes improving. I was really fortunate to still have a solid offer this week, of Tolbert and Welker or Jennings for Mendenhall and Devery Henderson. I'm gonna take it and be happy, probably going with welker over jennings.

[beeR] Maybe he's too busy coming up with an idiotic "tweet" to focus on his football... No seriously though, the guy is a moron. Racist. [\BeeR]

yay another stalker :wacko:

Far as I can tell w/Mendenhall it's mostly OL, not that he's doing great anyway. Redmen hasn't had many chances, but still hasn't exactly amazed anyone either, and I saw the Colts (I mean cmon - the Colts) in the backfield or right on the line there to stuff either one surprisingly often.

yay another stalker :wacko:

Far as I can tell w/Mendenhall it's mostly OL, not that he's doing great anyway. Redmen hasn't had many chances, but still hasn't exactly amazed anyone either, and I saw the Colts (I mean cmon - the Colts) in the backfield or right on the line there to stuff either one surprisingly often.

It is definitely the O line. But drafting Mendy as my #1, then Gore at #2, then Beanie #3, serious bad FF mojo. At least Mendy's not hurt.............trying to be positive.

It is definitely the O line. But drafting Mendy as my #1, then Gore at #2, then Beanie #3, serious bad FF mojo. At least Mendy's not hurt.............trying to be positive.

Gee, it couldn't be that Mendy has one talent, and that is to run straight ahead, could it??? He doesn't have good speed, and he can't cut...hmm,,,maybe all he EVER had going for him was the O-line??? Been that way for a while now, some people are just now realizing it.

There are worse things than being a Mendenhall owner. I shall list them for you so that you can read the list and feel better about Mendy.

Worse things than owning Mendy:

Owning Peyton Manning

Owning Kenny Britt

Owning Jamaal Charles

Owning Marques Colston

Owning Miles Austin

Owning Arian Foster

Owning Ben Tate

Owning Steven Jackson

Owning Chris Johnson

Owning Dez Bryant

Owning Knowshon Moreno

Owning Shonn Greene

Owning Frank Gore

Owning Antonio Gates

Owning Dallas Clark

Owning Reggie Wayne

Feel better?

Edited by OCSkins

Gee, it couldn't be that Mendy has one talent, and that is to run straight ahead, could it??? He doesn't have good speed, and he can't cut...hmm,,,maybe all he EVER had going for him was the O-line??? Been that way for a while now, some people are just now realizing it.

The Steelers O-Line has been awful for years now. Actually, Mendenhall was running great early against the Ravens, but, the Steelers got out of the game and had to turn to the pass. He also ran the ball well against Seattle. Against the Colts, I thought the Steelers didn't give him much room, but, he also looked sluggish. He is not just a straight ahead runner, he has very nice moves, but, does lack breakaway speed. I think he will be fine. Remember, it has only been three weeks.

There are worse things than being a Mendenhall owner. I shall list them for you so that you can read the list and feel better about Mendy.

Owning Shonn Greene

Owning Reggie Wayne

Feel better?

No. I went Mendy, Wayne, Greene in my local.

Owning Miles Austin

Owning Ben Tate

Owning Shonn Greene

Feel better?

El nope-o. I still say we had our draft too early though. Although I'm not sure how that would affect my current status...

The Steelers O-Line has been awful for years now. Actually, Mendenhall was running great early against the Ravens, but, the Steelers got out of the game and had to turn to the pass. He also ran the ball well against Seattle. Against the Colts, I thought the Steelers didn't give him much room, but, he also looked sluggish. He is not just a straight ahead runner, he has very nice moves, but, does lack breakaway speed. I think he will be fine. Remember, it has only been three weeks.

Agreed on the OL being bad for awhile but could the early running success in Baltimore be attributed to Willie Colon? When did Colon get hurt in that game? His loss has put that running game in constant downspin. I drafted Mendy simply cause Colon was back healthy...why Pitt did not try to sign McKinnie is beyond my understanding though.

I don't own Mendenhall in any league- but I just feel he will get going. Nothing to back it up except that he touches the ball a lot and the Steelers O-line can't get any worse. Surely they will find a group of 5 who can be coached up and play as a unit.