[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Props to the Cowboys

Cowboyz1

Wow, I could not believe we were stil in this one. Romo has now done it twice in a row with injuries and rookies doing everything possible to lose this game for us. Gotta give Romo is due in this one. Didn't press but made Hugh plays when he needed to.

Bryant's catch on 3-21 was big. The D came up big with a late fumble to seal the deal.

I am starting to love this kid Lee. Makes plays all over the field. Spencer is coming on. Ware is doing his thing.

To win this game the way we did with 6 field goals by our Rookie kicker was huge. I mean gutting out a win like that makes a big difference going into next week and the bye after that.

Costa was brutal, Ogletree was clueless, and Choice running out of bounds on that last drive was unbelieveably stupid.

I am again very proud to be a Cowboys fan today with the effort the team gave tonight. Last year we found ways to lose. This year we are finding ways to win, so far.

If this team can just get healthy, they can do good things this year.

Go Boys

My assessment of the Cowboys does not match your own, but I see no reason to rain on your parade. The record says they are a playoff contender. Their bye can get them healthy, or healthier, so good for them and for you so that you can keep hope alive. that's what it is all about as a fan.

Even early on in the game I was getting flash backs to the Cowboys 7 fieldgoal game against the Packers several years ago. For some reason I just thought F.G.'s were going to be thier only scores, but that still it would be enough. Man I hated that game as a Packer fan, and I bet this game sticks in the craw of Redskin fans just as much. I know me, if my team can get an ugly win, and it can sort of stick in the craw of rivals or teams I don't particularly like that is not all a bad thing.

The Cowboy receivers looked completely lost and clueless out there.

If you told me the center was really good friends with Jerome Simpson that might hep explain those bad snaps. Eitehr that or one of the Redskin lineman does a perfect Tony Romo snap call impersonation.

I texted a buddy of mine that you never see Romo get really hot under the collar but he had to be pretty close to going postal between Ogletree and Costa.

I was also thinking "George Foreman Grill is Bryant" and that he should be making a bigger impact in a game where he really needed to step up. Then he sees Romo waiving him downfield, takes off and adjusts on a beautiful play(but let's be honest, Romo gets more credit for that than Bryant).

I saw some reports that Felix Jones reaggravated his shoulder injury late in the game. Man, I hope not, he's fun to watch when healthy, or even semi-healthy. He was as good as Romo this week.

The guy I was most impressed with in that game was the linebacker, Lee. The dude is all over the freaking place making plays. He looks like he could be a good one for a long time.

I texted a buddy of mine that you never see Romo get really hot under the collar but he had to be pretty close to going postal between Ogletree and Costa.

I noticed this too and it is refreshing to see. He is a veteran on the team now and the QB. Sometimes you have to set a player straight and I am glad he isnt afraid to do it.

Last night seemed more like Wades Cowboys than Garrets . Very very sloppy but the difference is that Wades boys would have rolled over and died . As sloppy and frustrating as this game was, they fought to the bell and Romo came up hugh. I was very critical of Romo after the week 1 choke but I am sure as hell gonna tip my cap to him for his gutsy play these past 2 weeks. The guys is obviously hurt and last night his wr corps was awful. Ogletree was terrible last night

The running game needs to improve. Last nights numbers were a little bloated due to a few big runs but in general they didnt do much on the ground. The D kept us in the game. I love having Ryan as the DC. Something about that bloodline just dials up the D.

I think Dallas has a punchers chance to compete this year. They have great talent at skill positions but the O line could be the demise. They have heart on the O line and they are grinding it out but they are young and Free gets beat a little too often.

It wasnt a pretty win but ill take it. As far as the Redskins, that is a team on the rise IMO. The D is very good and their young players look like keepers for sure. NFC east will be another slugfest this year.

I will keep this win in perspective as it was ugly and some glaring deficiencies were shown but I really like our coaching staff now and I like that the team is shwoing some grit and toughness which has been sorely lacking over the past few years

I noticed this too and it is refreshing to see. He is a veteran on the team now and the QB. Sometimes you have to set a player straight and I am glad he isnt afraid to do it.

I never played football, but almost every other sport. My gut feeling was the opposite. He totally needed to make a point after the first mistake or two...but was chewing Costa out on the field after the first two screw ups accomplishing anything or just making him more flustered? Could there have been a better way to handle it?

The announcers were praising Romo as some great leader, but to me, he just looked like a dick, yelling at stand-ins (Ogletree, etc.) that obviously weren't up to the job. I don't see that as leadership. But that's just me. Not that I wouldn't have behaved exactly like Romo.

Edited by BleedingGreen

My buddy is a Cowboys fan. He sounds like me Talking about GB from 10 years ago.

He talks about 'we won ugly, but a win is a win'. to me, that's loser talk(yes, 10 years ago, I was talking like a loser).

Do you honestly feel comfortable saying the Cowboys are good?

I will say their defense is ok, but that's because Ware is on it.

Romo's getting all the love he's getting this am on espn. I know he had bad snaps. I know he has the rib issue. So kudos for that, but does anyone really believe he can lead the Cowboys to the SB?

I just don't see it, but perhaps the league and espn need the Cowboys to be relatively good for marketing purposes.

I never played football, but almost every other sport. My gut feeling was the opposite. He totally needed to make a point after the first mistake or two...but was chewing Costa out on the field after the first two screw ups accomplishing anything or just making him more flustered? Could there have been a better way to handle it?

The announcers were praising Romo as some great leader, but to me, he just looked like a dick, yelling at stand-ins (Ogletree, etc.) that obviously weren't up to the job. I don't see that as leadership. But that's just me. Not that I wouldn't have behaved exactly like Romo.

I disagree, I've been waiting for Romo to show that kind of fire in his belly. It was very refreshing to see him get on a guy for almost losing the game 4 times. I know the kid is a rookie but this is the NFL and you can't do that kind of thing as a center in this game. Hell he could of gotten Romo killed on any one of those plays. A lesser QB would not have been able to save those plays like he did.

All in all Costa will learn from this and Romo gained A LOT of respect last light following last weeks heroics.

That game was won by Romo's leadership under fire and his gutsy play when it counted. For all the chock signs that have been thrown at him we are finally seeing the Romo we've been waiting for. Last night was Romo keeping his team close and making great plays when called upon, and the defense playing tough grind it out football.

Loved this game the more I look at it. They didn't panic, just stayed tough. Gotta hand it to Sean Lee, Ware and Spence. Also the secondary.

This game will go a long way to making our season stronger.

My buddy is a Cowboys fan. He sounds like me Talking about GB from 10 years ago.

He talks about 'we won ugly, but a win is a win'. to me, that's loser talk(yes, 10 years ago, I was talking like a loser).

Do you honestly feel comfortable saying the Cowboys are good?

I will say their defense is ok, but that's because Ware is on it.

Romo's getting all the love he's getting this am on espn. I know he had bad snaps. I know he has the rib issue. So kudos for that, but does anyone really believe he can lead the Cowboys to the SB?

I just don't see it, but perhaps the league and espn need the Cowboys to be relatively good for marketing purposes.

Yes. I feel comfortable saying they are good. Supr bowl caliber ? A punchers chance but certainly not the NFC favorite. The reason people are happy with an ugly win in Dallas is that under wade we always were on the wrong side of those close games .

The defense will have to carry us alot. If Garrett can fix the O-Line up and get Miles and Dez healthy, then I think we have a shot at the division. It doesn't hurt that Vick is getting banged up, too, but Romo is playing through some hard injuries and O-Line issues, as well. At this point, Rob Ryan is almost a miracle worker.

Show me any NFL coach who won't take that win against a division rival. Sometimes they just aren't pretty, but they still count.

Honestly, the Cowboys needed a win like this. Just like this. Struggle to the bitter end. That builds the kind of winning additude this team is was sorely missing the first half of last season. Sometimes you need to win like this just so you feel confident you can win games like this.

Baltimore made a season out of finding a way to win with defense and field goals. The just felt someone would step up and find a way to pull it out by a nose.

This kind of win can go a long way to making the young guys believe in the 60 minute fight right down to the bitter end and believe they will find a way to win rather then lose. This game is about confidence and mental toughness when things arent going well. Teams that can fight though adversity find a way to win. We saw it last year with GB. The could have packed it in when all their starters went down. But they just plugged in the next guy and kept playing.

Honestly, the Cowboys needed a win like this. Just like this. Struggle to the bitter end. That builds the kind of winning additude this team is was sorely missing the first half of last season. Sometimes you need to win like this just so you feel confident you can win games like this.

Baltimore made a season out of finding a way to win with defense and field goals. The just felt someone would step up and find a way to pull it out by a nose.

This kind of win can go a long way to making the young guys believe in the 60 minute fight right down to the bitter end and believe they will find a way to win rather then lose. This game is about confidence and mental toughness when things arent going well. Teams that can fight though adversity find a way to win. We saw it last year with GB. The could have packed it in when all their starters went down. But they just plugged in the next guy and kept playing.

Agreed. There was more good for them to take away from this than might be obvious at first glance.

Having seen Dallas' line play I fear for Romo's safety. This may be the debut of the Suh/Fairly tag team. If it is half as bad as advertized they may need to have a few pints of Romo's blood type ready to go. I'm not sure those two should even be allowed to play the game, more less on the same line.