[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Turner

bostonsoxandy

Any Falcons homers want to explain why he sucked so bad Week 3? I may be interested in buying low on him since the owner who has him I always tell him that Turner is 30 now and over the hill and he is garbage and I think he's starting to believe me to an extent..

what was it? a fluke? I mean 11 carries for 20 yards is pretty darn bad.

1 bad week out of 3 I dont think justifies a buy low. He had 2 100+ yard games prior to this game. Tampa was stacking the box with 8-9, so that doesnt bode well for anyone......just ask CJ2K right now. Turner will be solid this year. When ATL gets a lead & they run the ball with Turner the numbers will come.

1 bad week out of 3 I dont think justifies a buy low. He had 2 100+ yard games prior to this game. Tampa was stacking the box with 8-9, so that doesnt bode well for anyone......just ask CJ2K right now. Turner will be solid this year. When ATL gets a lead & they run the ball with Turner the numbers will come.

agree. there are some people can get turned off by 1 game. i'd buy low if you have the option.

Any Falcons homers want to explain why he sucked so bad Week 3? I may be interested in buying low on him since the owner who has him I always tell him that Turner is 30 now and over the hill and he is garbage and I think he's starting to believe me to an extent..

what was it? a fluke? I mean 11 carries for 20 yards is pretty darn bad.

Really do not understand the attention deficit disorder people have had with the Atlanta offense this year. Offenses, even great offenses (not putting ATL in that category), have to adjust to the opposing defense and game situation.

Turner will be up and down over the next month (thanks to the GB and DET games) but after the bye there's really not a scary D in sight.

Also Turner just isn't a Burner anymore. He's become more of a grinder like Cedric Benson. It's tough for Turner to get much going on very few carries. Bottom-line is Turner will be heavily involved going forward on an offense that will more often than not be in a situation to keep him in the game and put him in good position to score.

Also Turner just isn't a Burner anymore.

I keep hearing this but respectfully disagree... It looks to me like he's gotten his burst back compared to last year with the injury. When the O-line has given him holes vs. tough fronts, he's made defenses pay... What he's lost however, is that third gear that allows him to take it to the house, rather than just a mere 60 yard gain (lol)... He can't beat DBs anymore, but he's having no problem getting behind them and making them catch him.

Also, on plays like that 60 yarder he almost took to the house, he did eventually get the goal-line look, which is where a good bit of Turner's value comes from, so 100+ yard games are just icing on the cake.

As for this week, the putrid O-line couldn't even get run blocks (which was the one thing they had been doing well) vs. a Tampa front that ate our lunch. Then once you fall behind 16-3, the running game is essentially taken out of it. It happens, but I agree, these first 5 games are worlds harder than the last 11... Before the season, I had predicted the Falcons could go 2-3 and still be a 10-11 win team with that schedule, though they're gonna have to keep Ryan from getting killed if they want to maintain a balanced offense.

I keep hearing this but respectfully disagree...

What he's lost however, is that third gear that allows him to take it to the house, rather than just a mere 60 yard gain (lol)... He can't beat DBs anymore, but he's having no problem getting behind them and making them catch him.

Don't have to hear it. If you compare the film, one can see the missing gear. There's nothing wrong with it as long as 1) he remains involved in the offense, 2) retains the ability to churn out yardage, 3) break off chunks once in a while and 4) gets GL work. Check, check, check and check so there's really not much to worry about.

Edited by kingfish247

Don't have to hear it. If you compare the film, one can see the missing gear. There's nothing wrong with it as long as 1) he remains involved in the offense, 2) retains the ability to churn out yardage, 3) break off chunks once in a while and 4) gets GL work. Check, check, check and check so there's really not much to worry about.

I do agree that Turner does look fresh this year compared to the last two. Yes, he's not as fast as he once was, but his game was never built on speed. Turner looks rejuvinated to this point. Last week it was all about the O-line.

I do agree that Turner does look fresh this year compared to the last two. Yes, he's not as fast as he once was, but his game was never built on speed. Turner looks rejuvinated to this point. Last week it was all about the O-line.

Definitely rejuvenated. But there was a general expectation with Turner, and Falcons offense generally, going into this season that they would become the 2001 Rams or whatever. The run game will be fine. It's Ryan and the rest that have yet to 'take it to the next level.' I'd say it looks like it might come together on that front but anything can and will happen.

The best thing about your RB getting caught from behind on a long run is the fact that he was on a long run to begin with. Give me a guy who's getting holes and can only manage a decent gain because he's lost a step over a guy who's making his first move at the line of scrimmage any day.