[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aarron Curry twitter stuff

bushwacked

@Aaron59Curry how does it feel to be the most overrated, overpaid reserve LB in NFL history?

FrogHawkCanuckM

@FrogHawkCanuckM feels great the Lord is blessing me day in n night out! U?

Aaron59Curry

@Aaron59Curry I just talked to him. He wants you to start earning that contract and 4th pick in the draft.

ryanfairbanks

@ryanfairbanks God Bless you

:wacko:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seah..._curry_rai.html

At least Curry isn't being a dick

Well, ignoring them would be the best option.

yeah that's hilarious. some moron trolls casting stinky bait and curry swimming by. oh gosh, my sides hurt.

He invited some criticism with his tweets before that "Yea thanks, they won" and his I don't care attitude tweets when he got demoted. I found it humorous, but if you weren't aware of the events leading up to this and ultra PC sensitive when it comes to invoking humor with players that feel the need to integrate religion in everything they do, then yer comment makes sense.

Anyway, the developing "bust" status of this former can't miss prospect is the most noteworthy news item.

Edited by bushwacked

Curry has been a very upstanding citizen. Good attitude off the field, family-based good guy, always shows up and works hard, and doesn't complain. Just doesn't have football instincts. I kinda feel bad for the guy as he just gets attacked pretty nonstop over here. Attack his play on the field, but the personal attacks are a bit extensive.

• 2 weeks later...
Hearing that Curry got traded to the Raiders for will almost certainly be bottom end draft picks. Does he start joining the conversations of biggest busts of all time? Great physical ability without the brain or desire to play the game.

I would say no until he has a chance to play somewhere else.

It seems like for a fair portion of his career in Seattle they have been using him a bit outside his skill set.

It seems like for a fair portion of his career in Seattle they have been using him a bit outside his skill set.

Apparently there was a concerted effort to utilize his pass rushing skills to no avail. Ken norton was the LB coach and assumedly gave up on him to. I think Curry is a bit of a headcase, not all that smart, and doesn't really seem to care about football. We'll see what happens in Oakland, he's definitley one of the biggest Seahawk busts ever.

Doesn't Oakland run a 4-3 as well? He's not a pass rusher, he often overruns plays whifing on tackles, can't pass defend, and has shown almost zero instinct as a LB at a position where young players learn fast. Several coaches have failed to get him to be anything more than an effective run block engager and the seattle lb positions have been more than open for competition the last few seasons.

What are you implying is his skill set? They've used him on the strongside, they've used him on the weakside, they've used him as a rush-end. They even changed the defense to change the role of the strongside backer. They've tried him directly over the TE, and changed the defense from the over front so the SLB doesn't play over the TE. The dude was lost from the second he got here and has not shown improvement in any area since. He could be okay as a goal-line run stuffing LB as long as he can chase down the play from the backside. If you run at him, he is blocked. You can even motion a WR at him and he can't get off a block from a slot receiver. If you give him outside contain, he gets sucked inside like clockwork. Don't even bother to ask about pass coverage or rushing the passer. In 4 years of college and 2+ years in the pros, the guy has 11 total sacks.

The only thing they haven't tried is MLB. Maybe that is the fit that you were referring to, but that position takes much more instincts and intelligence than OLB. OLB is quite possibly the easiest position on the field to play, and he isn't capable. Don't see much hope and IMO the Seahawks got an absolute steal for a 7th and a 4th/5th

Didn't he play SLB in a 4-3 pretty much until this season? IIRC that's not a great spot for pass rush numbers.

He spent the first half of last year as the rush end in the nickel package. After 6-8 weeks and not a single QB pressure, they pulled the plug. The guy had 6 sacks in 4 years college. Guys can do that in 3 weeks in college. Believe me, I thought he looked like a perfect rush LB or rush end, but the guy cannot rush the passer a lick. I have never once seen him beat a tackle. He has a few sacks from being unblocked or where he tackled a scrambling QB, but he has never once in his pro career beat a tackle in a pass-rushing situation. Literally, not once.

Edited by Seahawks21

Doesn't Oakland run a 4-3 as well? He's not a pass rusher, he often overruns plays whifing on tackles, can't pass defend, and has shown almost zero instinct as a LB at a position where young players learn fast. Several coaches have failed to get him to be anything more than an effective run block engager and the seattle lb positions have been more than open for competition the last few seasons.

Sorry, I should have just waited for your post and saved myself the effort.

Rumored to be in trade talks for DJ Williams

I haven't heard anything about this? 94 WIP was speculating that the Eagles may try to bring back Dawkins and they also mentioned something about Reggie Wayne to the Bills but they said it was all just rumors.

I haven't heard anything about this? 94 WIP was speculating that the Eagles may try to bring back Dawkins and they also mentioned something about Reggie Wayne to the Bills but they said it was all just rumors.

ESPN was making some wild rumors today and those were 2 of them.

Oakland runs a 4-3, with Rolando at MLB and Kam at SLB.

Kam is our pass rusher - with the pressure he puts on the QB, you'd think he was playing OLB in a 3-4.

We brought in Curry to replace Quinton Groves at WLB. Groves was a converted DE, and has been a total liability in both run and pass defense. I've heard the criticism of Curry, and I think it's for the most part warranted. That being said, there is no way he will be a worse WLB than Groves.

FWIW - Curry was an Al Davis guy coming into the NFL, and there are whispers that this is the last deal Al had lined up before his passing. Knowing that, Hue will do whatever it takes to try and make him successful in the Raiders system.

Edited by kpholmes

That's a lofty statement, lol.

Brian Bosworth

Dan McGwire

Rick Mirer

Rick Mirer was 2nd in rookie of the year voting before he completely sucked and traded to Chicago for a top draft pick. Brian Bosworth made some plays on the field before and after Bo Jackson rode him into the endzone. Dan McGwire is up there to, but he was drafted 16th overall by Ken Behring's son, not 4th overall as a can't miss prospect in the draft.

Edited by bushwacked

Oakland runs a 4-3, with Rolando at MLB and Kam at SLB.

Kam is our pass rusher - with the pressure he puts on the QB, you'd think he was playing OLB in a 3-4.

We brought in Curry to replace Quinton Groves at WLB. Groves was a converted DE, and has been a total liability in both run and pass defense. I've heard the criticism of Curry, and I think it's for the most part warranted. That being said, there is no way he will be a worse WLB than Groves.

FWIW - Curry was an Al Davis guy coming into the NFL, and there are whispers that this is the last deal Al had lined up before his passing. Knowing that, Hue will do whatever it takes to try and make him successful in the Raiders system.

There is no real downside for the trade from Oakland, they give up nothing to get him and give up very little if he manages to learn how to make tackles as an LB.

Edited by bushwacked