[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston to play in Week 4

montster

Per Rotoworld:

Saints coach Sean Payton said Wednesday that Marques Colston has been cleared to return from his fractured collarbone and will play in Week 4 against the Jaguars.

It appears Colston's "limited" practice Wednesday wasn't just a case of the Saints easing him back in. "He's clear. He'll be up this week," Payton said in a conference call with Jacksonville reporters. Drew Brees added that Colston's return is "huge" for New Orleans. "He's a big part of our offense. I'm excited to have him back." Colston's return will help Brees, but makes the Saints' pass-catching corps as murky as ever. The Saints initially were targeting a Week 6 return for Colston, so he's coming back two weeks ahead of schedule.

Why do I have this strange feeling that a) Payton is playing games and Colston will be a decoy b- Colston actually plays and gets reinjured.

It's not like we need him this week.

Edited by SLAYER

Why do I have this strange feeling that a) Payton is playing games and Colston will be a decoy b- Colston actually plays and gets reinjured.

It's not like we need him this week.

I thought this very thing....but why be a decoy against the Jags?...I think they really want to get him going against a weaker opponent .....and if he had a leg injury, I'd say he re-injures it but since it's only the collarbone....I say he'll be fine...

I thought this very thing....but why be a decoy against the Jags?...I think they really want to get him going against a weaker opponent .....and if he had a leg injury, I'd say he re-injures it but since it's only the collarbone....I say he'll be fine...

I think that is just it. I also have a feeling his playing time will be very limited.

Speaking as someone who's had 2 broken collarbones in the past, this is just way too fast to throw him back out there, especially given that they likely won't need him against the happless Jags. Very strange decision by the Saints. :wacko:

Edited by Trojanmojo

Speaking as someone who's had 2 broken collarbones in the past, this is just way too fast to throw him back out there, especially given that they likely won't need him against the happless Jags. Very strange decision by the Saints. :wacko:

he probably can get his hands on some way better meds than what was available to you.....just saying..

I quite possibly have been a crack not completely broken. Bones only take 4 to 5 weeks to completely heal and if it's not a joint area then there is little muscle loss. They will play him but its more to get him back out there into the flow of the game. Moore and the other will get all the action but Colston will be out there. I see him getting a few dump offs but nothing over the middle where he gets hit to hard.

I like Moore to have another solid game.

because it's a collarbone and there's probably little risk involved....why wait another week or two to watch him try to get back into a rhythm when he can start now...?

he's been in this offense for years. he can get up to speed in practice without worrying about getting blasted after catching a pass.

Idk. just seems silly to me..

Speaking as someone who's had 2 broken collarbones in the past, this is just way too fast to throw him back out there, especially given that they likely won't need him against the happless Jags. Very strange decision by the Saints. :tup:

I myself have broken mine 7 different times over my lifetime & unless hes on some great HGH or something I am just STUNNED that he is back playing after only 3 weeks. After I broke mine last 3 years ago I still couldnt sleep for squat unless I was sleeping in a recliner 3 weeks after breaking it. I just dont understand it. One wrong fall on that shoulder and hes broke again. I just cant explain how bad it hurt me to lift my shoulder over my head 3 weeks later. :wacko:

Edited by champ48win

I myself have broken mine 7 different times over my lifetime & unless hes on some great HGH or something I am just STUNNED that he is back playing after only 3 weeks. After I broke mine last 3 years ago I still couldnt sleep for squat unless I was sleeping in a recliner 3 weeks after breaking it. I just dont understand it. One wrong fall on that shoulder and hes broke again. I just cant explain how bad it hurt me to lift my shoulder over my head 3 weeks later. :wacko:

I think it's pretty obvious he's using HGH.....or something else that is undetectable...

one thing that always cracks me up about the huddle...almost any time some NFL player is reported to have an injury, at least one or two huddlers will chime in with something more or less to the effect: "I had that injury, it was brutal....he will never be the same again"

I think we tend to underestimate, 1) the kind of phenomenal shape these guys are in, and 2) the level of treatment they receive. that and they are probably also a helluva lot tougher than us.

one thing that always cracks me up about the huddle...almost any time some NFL player is reported to have an injury, at least one or two huddlers will chime in with something more or less to the effect: "I had that injury, it was brutal....he will never be the same again"

I think we tend to underestimate, 1) the kind of phenomenal shape these guys are in, and 2) the level of treatment they receive. that and they are probably also a helluva lot tougher than us.

Easy question here.......when was the last time you went to the Dr & he told you after BREAKING a bone that you can go ahead and go back to playing NFL style football after only 3 weeks?????? My Dr told me to use a sling for 4-6 weeks, I did ditch the sling between week 3 & 4.

Edited by champ48win