[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Football Ethics Question

GMac

I have Tony Romo and Rex Grossman as my two QBs. I offered a trade of Rex Grossman and Bernard Scott (He has Cedric Benson) for Mark Sanchez since Romo and Grossman have the same bye week and Sanchez has a good match up that week. The other player agreed to the trade, but only if I agree to trade Sanchez back to him for Grossman after week 5 and he gets to keep Scott. I only need Sanchez for the one week and Scott really holds no value to me, so that part is okay with me. The question is, is this ethically okay? Would this be some sort of cheating or collusion?

Will you be tellling the rest of the league that you plan to do this? If not, then t is unethical, a form of collusion ( any secret agreement to gain a competitive advantage falls under this umbrella), and the guy wanting to trade back will have nothing documented to back up his claim.

Will you be tellling the rest of the league that you plan to do this? If not, then t is unethical, a form of collusion ( any secret agreement to gain a competitive advantage falls under this umbrella), and the guy wanting to trade back will have nothing documented to back up his claim.

Two other members of the league were present when the offer and the counteroffer were made, but neither was the guy I will be playing Week 5. As far as documentation, everyone in the league knows that if I agree to a deal I'll go through with it.

Collusion. You're "renting" a player for a week.

You guys are probably right, its better to just leave it alone.

Besides, what if one of the players in the "trade back" gets injured?

As long as he still wanted to do the trade if that's what I agreed to I would still do the trade even if Grossman was on IR

Big John and I traded Chris Cooley to each other twice last year ... neither time did we ever pre-determine or discuss a trade back, it just happened that way. That part of it is not collusion. BUT, what if you make the trade and Benson is never suspended? Do you have to trade back? THIS is why I frown on pre-determined trades ...

Big John and I traded Chris Cooley to each other twice last year ... neither time did we ever pre-determine or discuss a trade back, it just happened that way. That part of it is not collusion. BUT, what if you make the trade and Benson is never suspended? Do you have to trade back? THIS is why I frown on pre-determined trades ...

Yep definately a reading compehension problem., dude you better get that checked out. FYI this has nothing to do with Benson.

Yep definately a reading compehension problem., dude you better get that checked out. FYI this has nothing to do with Benson.

no problem here nice guy, the issue is can you trade the same players back and forth, even make trades that take place in the future. And how does this NOT have anything to do with Benson's suspension? That is the only reason the trade is taking place.

Now, go back to your wake and bake and try to be nice to people today, before one of us puts you in your place.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

no problem here nice guy, the issue is can you trade the same players back and forth, even make trades that take place in the future. And how does this NOT have anything to do with Benson's suspension? That is the only reason the trade is taking place.

Now, go back to your wake and bake and try to be nice to people today, before one of us puts you in your place.

No I think this has to do with Grossman and Romo having the same bye week and trading for Sanchez. and anytime you want to put me in my place come at it

Edited by SLAYER

Two teams pooling a roster position?

How could that not be anything but fair, honest, and of impeccable ethics? You two pillars of moral behavior ought to pool other positions too. I'm sure your leaguemates will think you are nothing less than brilliant and the ultimate paragons of virtue.

No I think this has to do with Grossman and Romo having the same bye week and trading for Sanchez. and anytime you want to put me in my place come at it

the other guy is only doing it because he needs Benson's back up, B Scott. he can always add/drop a different QB but the other guy can only trade for Scott. There are 2 sides to this you know. And, as sweet as you are to me, I can only imagine that someone will beat me to it. :wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

I have Tony Romo and Rex Grossman as my two QBs. I offered a trade of Rex Grossman and Bernard Scott (He has Cedric Benson) for Mark Sanchez since Romo and Grossman have the same bye week and Sanchez has a good match up that week. The other player agreed to the trade, but only if I agree to trade Sanchez back to him for Grossman after week 5 and he gets to keep Scott. I only need Sanchez for the one week and Scott really holds no value to me, so that part is okay with me. The question is, is this ethically okay? Would this be some sort of cheating or collusion?

Absolutely legal AND ethical if your league allows it.

Most don't for the very reasons you ask about, but so long as there is nothing prohibiting it. No harm, no foul.

trading back is collusion .....well, maybe not collusion but I always disallow it any league I have run....

It's the very definition of collusion...! NO, this trade sucks from an ethical standpoint. I think that fact that you had to ask others tells you that you knew it wasn't right.