[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Slaton or Bush

faceplant

So the Dolphins leaned heavily on Bush when Thomas was out week 1. My guess is that Thomas doesn't make it through the whole season and the Dolphins would need more than just Reggie Bush to handle the load. But who would be the primary back, Bush or Slaton?

Slaton is the same style of runner to Bush. Neither Bush or Slation are between the tackles style runners. I'd lean more to Bush then Slaton, just for the mere fact that he knows the system better and they will be in more passing plays and options with DT out. If he's out that is.

Slaton is the same style of runner to Bush. Neither Bush or Slation are between the tackles style runners. I'd lean more to Bush then Slaton, just for the mere fact that he knows the system better and they will be in more passing plays and options with DT out. If he's out that is.

I had Slaton in Houston when he was starting and he had value. Now do I cuff D.T. w/Slaton or stick with Tate waiting for Foster's serious pull/tear. Not hoping but do see it happening the way it's going. I'd have to think Tate since it's Houston and since slaton will have Bush in the way. (Not a bad problem depending on how you take that).

looking around at all my leagues today and everyone is picking up Slaton lol

don't know what on earth for , he was 4th string in Houston and now 4th in Miami

surely doesn't deserve any roster spot in leagues of 16 owners or less

Thomas' hammy, Bush's groin and I don't know who the #3 is....but Slaton could get the bulk if either are limited and/or out...

Can't remember where, but I could have sworn I saw a tweet or update that pretty much said Slaton is Bush's backup while Hilliard is Thomas' backup. If I can find that, I'll post a link.

It was on ROTO. I saw the same thing.

Latest News

Recent NewsDolphins claimed RB Steve Slaton off waivers from the Texans.It's a bit of a curious move because the Fins have a similar player in Reggie Bush, but was probably just made as Reggie insurance. Slaton, 25, can also return kicks. Averaging just 3.24 yards per carry on 170 attempts since his flash-in-the-pan rookie season, however, Slaton adds nothing as an inside ball carrier. He's essentially Bush's direct backup. Lex Hilliard holds the same role behind Daniel Thomas. Don't expect Slaton to accrue fantasy value this season barring injuries to all three of the

above.

Sep 28 - 4:14 PMSource: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Edited by BearBroncos

So the Dolphins leaned heavily on Bush when Thomas was out week 1. My guess is that Thomas doesn't make it through the whole season and the Dolphins would need more than just Reggie Bush to handle the load. But who would be the primary back, Bush or Slaton?

because of his current hammy issue or are you just banking on him being injury prone with no real reason to do so?

because of his current hammy issue or are you just banking on him being injury prone with no real reason to do so?

A little of both. The current hammy issue isn't great for him, but he's also a tall rookie upright runner. So i'd hedge my bets that he doesn't make it throuh the season. I'm not rooting for him to get hurt or anything, I just don't like his chances.

I can see where people might feel with his size that he runs too upright, but I didn't see that in the games I watching him. I saw a powerful guy (which didn't surprise me) with amazing speed into and through the hole (which did). I don't think there is anything in his history to suggest that he isn't as tough as nails or that his running style is likely to get him hurt.

I realize that this is the NFL, but all that Kansas State had was him, so defensive players got the chance to key on him and light him up with every carry.

Not that hes going to play a big role but sounds like Slaton will play as per Spranos press conference today. and Slaton says he is ready to fill in for Thomas.

http://www.sun-senti...0,2933712.story

On the challenge for getting Steve Slaton ready on a short week and a West Coast trip: "Well, I mean the challenge is just the terminology. We (will) be flipping the terminology more than anything else. I mean the running back, obviously they know how to run and I think most of the things that you're running one way or the other they've seen before. It isn't something that they haven't run or haven't seen it's just what's it called and how do I get there. And I think that's the biggest challenge, you know, in a situation when you get a player and you're putting him on a plane and taking him cross country in three days."

On Steve Slaton's work this week encouraging for him to play Sunday: "Yeah, it sure has. He was able to jump in there on day one and he took a few plays and was able to take a few plays here today so we'll see."

http://www.miamihera...-burnett-i.html

Running back Steve Slaton, signed Wednesday, said he has picked up the system well and is prepared to fill in for Thomas, who has 202 rushing yards over the past two games. Slaton has experience as a returner but said the Dolphins have only been working him at running back.

Oh Danny boy, the Chargers, the Chargers are calling

From sea to sea, and down the coast line

The summer's gone, and all the FF owners are dying

'Tis you, 'tis you must run or I must drop.

But come ye back when hammy's healthy

Or when the Reggie's and Slaton's are on IR

'Tis I'll be here in fantasy playoffs

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I need you so.

:tup::wacko:

Oh Danny boy, the Chargers, the Chargers are calling

From sea to sea, and down the coast line

The summer's gone, and all the FF owners are dying

'Tis you, 'tis you must run or I must drop.

But come ye back when hammy's healthy

Or when the Reggie's and Slaton's are on IR

'Tis I'll be here in fantasy playoffs

Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I need you so.

Well done, bordering on ElectricRelish-level good.

:wacko:

you're overly kind. 'relish comes up with his battle-raps from scratch. It's good stuff whereas I just changed a few words. We miss you in the dynasty.

I miss it. But glad I scaled back. I have lost almost 45 pounds since mid June and can't remember the last time I felt this good. Definitely got my priorities in order. My wife has lost even more weight than I have.

I found this illuminating. http://www.chron.com/sports/solomon/articl...red-2191976.php

It describes Slaton's troubles pretty well. I do wonder if he can come back. It does seem to indicate, he's a quick learner. But doesn't sound like he's go that eye of the tiger anymore. Maybe he still doesn't have full sensation in his hands.

If he has a game where he shows some burst, then I think we have our answer, and lookout. 1600 APY in his rookie year. Reggie Bush has never been in the same league as that.

Based on what I've seen in this thread, it seems that Bush would be a dangerous start, no? Been thinking about it since Daniel Thomas wasn't on the plane to SD.

I'm starting Bush because ......'Daniel wasn't on the plane',,,,becouse Bush is a SD native,,,,because Sparona said (this week) they have to do better at getting him ball in open space.......his bye is coming up next week, easy time to drop him then,,,,,,,,but mainly because I have to, I'm that thin at RB.

Edited by hapicamp