[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As commish: What to do about people not updating team?

gbpackersfan

If someone has yet to update their roster by sunday, starting guys that are on IR or bye weeks, do you as commish update their lineup? Or just let their opponent have a free win?

What if this person doesnt update their team for several weeks, just let their team become a bye week for opponents, or try to update their team to make it as competitive as possible?

(By the way there is no money involved in this league.. Just friends havin fun)

I'd suggest a rule change for next year (not that this helps you now) that any owner who doesn't change his lineup for three weeks and has a player or IR or BYE playing in each of those three weeks, that he or she forfits the ownership of the team (for the sake of the league)

Well, tbh, this guy could come in on Sunday morning and switch his roster around, I have no idea. He's just been slow on his team this year, never checks trades, hasnt used a single add, etc etc.

I just think its unfair to everyone else competing for a playoff spot that one of the guys gets lucky that he's playing an opponent with starters on the IR. But such is life, just wanted some opinions on what you guys do.

(By the way there is no money involved in this league.. Just friends havin fun)

There's the key right there. No money, so nothing to lose (or win). I would just let it go, and then if you guys play again next year maybe rethink inviting the negligent owner. If there were any money on the line at all, then I would handle it a lot differently.

There's the key right there. No money, so nothing to lose (or win). I would just let it go, and then if you guys play again next year maybe rethink inviting the negligent owner. If there were any money on the line at all, then I would handle it a lot differently.

Agreed. That is why I will not join a free league. I know myself pretty well and I know if things get busy, that is the first thing to go.

If there is money involved however - I would do all I could get get a lineup in.

And, of course, you'd be less likely to be faced with this problem. At least by week 3. Because dudes would give a crap and start a line-up.

It's like a thread about poker.

"We're not playing for anything and everyone keeps making really stupid raises and everyone calls. It's no fun. What should I do?"

Like others said, no money on the line is your problem.

I commish one money league and one free league:

In the money league, managers get fined for not replacing bye week or IR players, but the game results still stand

In the free league, managers who don't actively participate don't get invited back. Like the guy who drafted all Cowboys last year and never made a move

No Money Leagues, always mean you will have some Lazy un interested owners...Nothing to loose.

The problem you run into when changing line ups is owners will complain if that team gets beat by other teams and they get beat by that team.

I say let it runs it's course with they team thats in there and don't invite that owner back.

What ever call you make unless getting a full league vote, will always piss someone off

Had this problem last year and came up with an interesting idea that all other owners agreed on. As the commish I benched the negligent owner's entire roster, and then figured out what the average weekly score of all other owners was up until that week. Negligent owner's opponent had to beat that score (around 110) to get a win.

And then we didn't invite him back next year. Having a bit of trouble with a couple owners this year (we're friends but live in different cities) and I just try to heckle them frequently, sent out weekly league updates, etc. to keep them involved and create an implicit cost (their pride) for not updating their rosters.

Just because there isn't any money involved doesn't mean it shouldn't be addressed, IMO. I'm sure that most of the owners care, and would still like to have a competitive league. No money, I understand, but there is significant time investment. What is that worth?

I would have a conversation with the absentee owner(s), and in a diplomatic way explain to them that they are low-life weasels for making a commitment to the league (and therefore a commitment to all of the owners in the league) and not abiding by their obligation and commitment to participate. If I were an owner, I would have this conversation with them even if I wasn't the LM or commish.

If this doesn't get them going, then I would prefer that the LM make reasonable moves on their behalf to AT LEAST keep them from posting blanks week to week.

Edited by SecondString