[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"I've never had a bad....."

BeeR

No not that you fn sickos.

Is there any food or drink that you have never (or maybe extremely rare, like once) had a "bad" one of? Thought of it when I was having pumpkin pie just now that wasn't great but edible and realized I've had great and not so great but never one I thought was downright bad.

Others? I have to think sooner or later beer will come up, although I can't imagine never having had a bad one.

....regular Jack in the Box taco. I quit eating fast food a couple of years ago but them tacos were consistently bad, so bad that they were delicious. And no matter which location they were purchased from they always tasted the same.

consistently bad, so bad that they were delicious. And no matter which location they were purchased from they always tasted the same.

Such is the nature of fast food, odd and contradictory as it may sound.

Hmm - maybe I should have said OTHER than fast food :wacko:

Actually I meant a kind of food or drink in general, not one from a specific place.

Edited by BeeR

Never had a ribeye steak that wasnt great. Usually like my beef very rare, but a ribeye seems pretty good at any tempature.

I have had corn and potatoes about a thousand different ways, never had one of those I didnt like.

Never had a bad butterscotch malt either.

Never had a ribeye steak that wasnt great. Usually like my beef very rare, but a ribeye seems pretty good at any tempature.

I have had corn and potatoes about a thousand different ways, never had one of those I didnt like.

Never had a bad butterscotch malt either.

In fact, the only temp I don't like my ribeye, is rare. All the fat that makes it tolerate being cooked more makes it pretty nasty if it's too rare.

I would have to say pizza. even the chittiest pizza tastes pretty damn good to me, even all the way on down to tombstone, red baron and tostinos.

pizza was the first thing that came to my mind, but i have had bad pizza (dough not cooked, cheese not melted, etc). i am having a hard time thinking of an item that hasn't been done very poorly at some time in my experience.

possibly fried calamari. i don't recall a bad one.

Margaritas.... As much as I've had some incredible ones (which reminds me, I need to do a writeup of my awesome experience doing a beer dinner at Dos Perros. Det makes some really great ones, including a spicy one with jalapenos), but IMO, it's a hard drink to get that wrong.... Bad sour mix, no biggie; too much or too little tequila, don't really care; well tequila is even okay, and even some stupid girly liqueurs or flavors added in, still not that bad...

The only thing that ruins them for me is salt on the rim. I don't need saltiness to balance the sourness. It's just fine like it is...

Edited by delusions of granduer

I would have to say pizza. even the chittiest pizza tastes pretty damn good to me, even all the way on down to tombstone, red baron and tostinos.

then you've never been to Cici's. It's a pizza buffet. And it's awful. And I'll never go back. And that's saying something.

then you've never been to Cici's. It's a pizza buffet. And it's awful. And I'll never go back. And that's saying something.

:wacko: I have fond memories of a cici's in longmont, co back when I was in college. about 10 slices in, the friends I was with started taunting me about how much of that crap I could eat. I ended up eating for free with 20 bucks to boot after putting away I think it was 25 slices. :tup:

Yeah, I know the saying about bad pizza still being good. But I don't think I agree with that. Bad pizza is effing nasty.

I've really been racking my brain over this one, trying to think of the one thing that fits the category.

I've never had a bad bottle of real Champagne. I can't say that about a number of other pricey types of wine. Bad Burgundy? Yep, Bad high-end Cab, yep. Bad pricey Bordeaux? OK, not bad, but certainly not all that good.

Bier might be right on the calamari call, but I've certainly had plenty that was so-so.

I can't remember ever sitting down to a bowl of chips and salsa and not enjoying it.

Burrito. Whether we're talking the chains like Moe's, Chipotle, Qdoba, or down to the frozen ones that you blast in the microwave for 90 seconds, either way, it's heaven wrapped in a tortilla. :wacko:

And even better for my money...chimichangas...oh hell yeah...proves once again that anything good can be made better by deep frying.

Fried Chicken

I even can think lovingly back to the crap they served in like 4th grade...loved it! I will readily admit I don't eat a ton of fast food friend stuff, but I never turned my nose up at KFC or Popeyes (and by fried chicken I mean on the bone)

Also banana pudding, I'm having a hard time figuring out how someone could screw that up for me to say it was "bad"

Love pizza, but I did have a bad one. When I was in Japan some girls we were with ordered a pizza with squid, seaweed and mayo. However, that was the only bad pizza I have had.

Breakfast Cereal of your choice(mine would be Cap'n Crunch), popsicles(the best hangover cure, hands down), real vanilla ice cream, beer nuts, freshly caught pan fried trout, red beans and rice...........

For breakfast. With a cold, cold beer.