[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson's TD was . . .

CaptainHook

The only thing that worries me is Moss got a lot of those TDs striding in to the endzone. Megatron is always jump ball falling on to the ground. He takes a beating getting these TDs, hopefully he stays healthy.

That's the clause coming with the Lions. This time could even go all the way, if they stay healthy

The great thing is, unless your Super Bowl is week 17, he won't have to deal with the cold weather during play off runs..

Last chance for cold weather is, if at all

Nov 20 Carolina

Nov 24 Green Bay

After that.....

Dec 4 @New Orleans

Dec 11 Minnesota

Dec 18 @Oakland

Dec 24 San Diego

Jan 1 @Green Bay

Just stay Healthy....

The great thing is, unless your Super Bowl is week 17, he won't have to deal with the cold weather during play off runs..

Last chance for cold weather is, if at all

Nov 20 Carolina

Nov 24 Green Bay

After that.....

Dec 4 @New Orleans

Dec 11 Minnesota

Dec 18 @Oakland

Dec 24 San Diego

Jan 1 @Green Bay

Just stay Healthy....

Yup. I mentioned that in a Detroit thread earlier in the week.

Their last possible cold weather game (leaving out week 17at GB) is week 10 (Nov 13th) at Chicago, and usually it isn't too cold in mid Nov in Chicago.

From week 11 through week 16 their schedule is 5 domes and 1 game in Oakland.

Carolina, GB, at NO, Minny, at Oakland, SD

Fun times for Detroit these days.

Let's hope they stay healthy and the sky is the limit.

Calvin is a beast and the man right now. Some of the catches he makes are ridiculous. 17/18 TD's are certainly doable, trying to stay level headed here.

Stafford has shown what he is made of also with these comebacks. That kid has the right stuff.

Just stay healthy...PLEASE.

The Lions coaching staff played it perfectly. (Did I just type that?) Run the ball a couple of times to use up Dallas' time outs and then throw the fade to Calvin.

How can the Boyz leave their CB on the island there? He had no chance.

I am feeling strangely confident right now.

They left him in iso coverage.

My buddy and I said "Oh, here comes the fade."

What was Rob Ryan thinking? Idiot.

Yeah, you could see that coming before the snap. We called it at my place too. Not sure how any DC could leave him in 1-on-1 coverage at the goalline. It's like a couple of years ago, when everyone knew the Warner to Fitz slant was coming on the goalline and defenses still couldn't stop it.

You almost wonder if eventually some DC is going to put another WR on Calvin at the goalline. DBs have no chance at taking that pass away from him.

Edited by nelsosi

The Lions coaching staff played it perfectly. (Did I just type that?) Run the ball a couple of times to use up Dallas' time outs and then throw the fade to Calvin.

How can the Boyz leave their CB on the island there? He had no chance.

I am feeling strangely confident right now.

I hear that. And I think 11-5 is doable now.

Bears, SF, Atlanta, at Denver, bye, at Bears, Panthers, Pack, at Saints, Vikings, at Raiders, Chargers, at Pack

Should be 7-1 at bye week. Could be 6-2, but the way they have played I would really hope for 7-1. Then go 4-4 in the last 8 and you have 11-5. And I think worst case 10-6 right now, but at this point I would really want 11-5 worst case.

Best thing about their start:

1. 3 of the 4 games have been on the road. NEVER easy to win on the road in the NFL. Double so in a tough building like the Metrodome (division road games never easy) and the Cowboys have talent, so that was not easy yesterday.

2. For all of the people who say they have beaten no one, I say 3-0 on the road (wait until they get some home games as I think Ford Field will be a huge home field advantage for them). And they have beaten 2-2 Dallas in their building. And soon to be 3-1 TB in their building. Not easy.

So I think they are for real. Stay healthy and I think 11-5 is very doable. Plus these come from behind wins clearly build huge character for a young team.