[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cruz is a moron

weebo

I was listening to the NFL Radio show on sirius this morning and the announcer (i'm bad with names) brought up good points. Per the definition in the rule book the refs made the right call but also you can argue that he was touch and never fully regained his footing so down by contact COULD have been called.

His final points, do the Cardinals really want to win that way? The Giants beat them. The end.

Cruz is a moran though despite the ruling. You don't do that. What's next he is going to shoot himself in the groin?

It's not a bad call, it's the same interpretation used when a QB kneels to kill a game at the end or a DB makes a pick at the end and just goes down. There doesn't need to be anyone touching them, the play is over. The rule reads "declares himself down by falling or kneeling and makes no effort to advance". He clearly fell down and made no effort to advance. He may have stumbled and not intended to, but falling is falling, and the key is he made no effort to advance once he did.

It's not a bad call, it's the same interpretation used when a QB kneels to kill a game at the end or a DB makes a pick at the end and just goes down. There doesn't need to be anyone touching them, the play is over. The rule reads "declares himself down by falling or kneeling and makes no effort to advance". He clearly fell down and made no effort to advance. He may have stumbled and not intended to, but falling is falling, and the key is he made no effort to advance once he did.

He appeared to forget he had to be touched, he fumbled. Dungy agrees, even Eli admitted as much.

He appeared to forget he had to be touched, he fumbled. Dungy agrees, even Eli admitted as much.

Who cares what Dungy and Eli say? They showed the rule in the rulebook. It's a no brainer after reading that.

ETA: if he tried to get up and ran for a TD the ref wouldn't have allowed it.

Edited by MrTed46

He did not have to touched. Check the rule. It was the right call.

"Rule 7, Section 2, Article 1 states that 'An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended: (e): when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance."

I also heard Dungy say he tripped, did not go down on purpose, etc. I don't know what film that guy is looking at, but that NBC pre and postgame show is awful, so it doesn't surprise me.

I also heard Dungy say he tripped, did not go down on purpose, etc. I don't know what film that guy is looking at, but that NBC pre and postgame show is awful, so it doesn't surprise me.

Plus it's irrelevant. Two things happen when you trip: you either stumble and don't fall or you fall. He fell, and that meets the definition of the rule. Dungy usually knows his stuff and I usually like what he has to say, but he's wrong here.

I agree with those that say he was down.

The rule does not say the player has to voluntarily go to the ground, it just says he has to make no effort to move forward. Basically, he has to give up on the play, which he did. It was the correct call, in my opinion. He gave up on the play and declared himself down. That's all there is to it.