[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Gronk

Darkhorse1251

With Aaron Hernandez coming back soon, should I look to trade Gronk since I have Owen Daniels on my bench? It's not so much that I'm panicking due to his measly 2 points on Sunday, it's that with Hernandez coming back I see his targets being affected. Should I deal him for help during my upcoming bye weeks?

This is definitely an advice forum question, because there is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of whether you deal someone... It's entirely dependent on situation (i.e., what you can get for him, whether you can get an upgrade that exceeds a downgrade if any, what your biggest needs are, etc.)

But that aside, I wouldn't call dealing him the week after he lays a total goose egg as the right "sell high" time. That would have been a week ago. At this point you just have to find a believer who has a need for him...

... I wouldn't call dealing him the week after he lays a total goose egg as the right "sell high" time. That would have been a week ago. At this point you just have to find a believer who has a need for him...

My thought ... since when is 'selling high" on a player the week after he essentially lays a goose egg?

With Aaron Hernandez coming back soon, should I look to trade Gronk since I have Owen Daniels on my bench? It's not so much that I'm panicking due to his measly 2 points on Sunday, it's that with Hernandez coming back I see his targets being affected. Should I deal him for help during my upcoming bye weeks?

um...wasn't it with Hernandez in the lineup in 2-TE sets that Gronk performed pretty well?

um...wasn't it with Hernandez in the lineup in 2-TE sets that Gronk performed pretty well?

I'm not offering advice unless this is in the advice forum...

BUT

why in the F do you want to trade away a solid TE start? Do you really think that his production is over for this season? Do you want to not have a decent player on your roster? Worst case scenario is that he actually has had his last good game this year and if that was the case, why would anyone else want him more than you? Because they know better than you is the only reason.

Should you trade him for Aaron Rodgers? Yes do that.

Should you trade him for Donovan McNabb? Maybe you can get a player that the another guy wants to give up on. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

First of all, Gronk was targeted multiple times in the red zone yesterday. Second, he's still a MONSTER red zone target even with Hernandez in the picture. Gronk still has a shot at being the #1 TE this year in fantasy... I say wait him out. He has almost unlimited upside compared to most of the scrubs (so far) in this so-called good year for fantasy TEs.

Edited by jdub!

It's possible some owner is going to overpay for him at this point. I don't personally thinks he keeps up this pace, so I would try to add him with another solid player and see if a team with a subpar TE is willing to give you a stud for the package, if you have another decent TE you can go to or acquire.

• 1 month later...