[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How does your league handle ineligable players on IR

Sprtfan

This came up in my league recently and I wanted to see how others handle it. If a player is listeds as Out or Doubtful, they can be placed on the teams IR. The following week they are still on IR, but may have been upgraded to questionable. When does the team need to remove the player from IR? We have thought about making them be moved before waivers clear that week, by midnight on Friday, and before kickoff of their game. How does your leauge handle this?

I really don't see why you need to worry about it. there is probably a default way your league host site handles it, I'd just roll with that. what's the worst that can happen? the guy keeps a healthy player on IR, using up his own IR spot and getting no use out of the player? big deal. seems like the restriction on the front end (has to be listed as "Out" for the week he is initially IR'ed) is plenty.

I found IR a pain in the arse, so I gave each team an additional 2 roster spots and got rid of it.

We had problems in my local so we got rid of IR and just added a roster spot.

These... If players can go on and off IR, then you are undoubtedly better off just adding roster spots to deal with injuries. It's a total mess to do it that way, as you're seeing with ineligibility questions and such.

IR should really only be used in keeper/dynasty leagues for when a player is placed by his team on IR (ending his season), so that he can be eligible to keep for next year(s).

Edited by delusions of granduer