[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stevan Ridley - Taking over - Wishful thinking.

RussMan

Stevan Ridley -

Bye weeks are coming up, sprinkle in a few injuries, and some underpforming RB's... and you may find yourself looking around for some help.

Is Stevan Ridley your guy? Adding him may be wishful thinking, or seen as an act of desperation by others, but I believe its the kind of add that could help you negotiate the bye weeks and a filler or flex and possibly help you deaper into the season. That Pats offense is explosive with the opposing defense back on their heals defending the pass leaving room to run and should giving a good RB (not BGE who gets stuffed at the goal line) ample chances to hit paydirt.

Ridley appears to be THE best RB on the team and each week the Pats have given him a little more work. He has made the most of his carries looking explosive and has the highest yards per carry. If Woodhead is banged up this week I believe this is the week he moves ahead of Law Firm as the back you want to have and the back you start. The Pats will be facing a struggling Jets Run D at home this week.

His ownership continues to rise each week and owned in about 77% of leagues last week. If he is still available I say scoop him up, this may be your last chance. Put him in this week vs the JETS.

Edited by RussMan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to avoid Ridley and Torain. Best case scenario for Ridley is he ends up splitting carries with BGE, and thats in an extremely pass happy offense. And Torain is a rb under Shanny, who already has Helu and Hightower. No thanks.

with bye weeks starting, that's some bad advice

your league mates will be happy with your choice though :wacko:

I listened to everyone here with all the hype on Helu, and hes been sitting on my bench collecting dust ever since. Im not wasting another high waiver pickup on a backup rb that wont see many touches.

this entire forum is dedicated to you. thanks for letting us know.

your cool

Stevan Ridley -

Ridley appears to be THE best RB on the team and each week the Pats have given him a little more work. He has made the most of his carries looking explosive and has the highest yards per carry. If Woodhead is banged up this week I believe this is the week he moves ahead of Law Firm as the back you want to have and the back you start. The Pats will be facing a struggling Jets Run D at home this week.

His ownership continues to rise each week and owned in about 77% of leagues last week. If he is still available I say scoop him up, this may be your last chance. Put him in this week vs the JETS.

Nice post - but I would say he is one fumble away from giving all ground he's gained: he might be the most talented back on the Pats, but Law Firm hasn't fumbled in like 200+ carries, the Pats are 3-1 and Belichick looks at that area as much as any other area.

Also, he's WAY below the 77% threshold in the major .com leagues of NFL, ESPN and Yahoo (less than 20% across the board), so he is out there.

Nice post - but I would say he is one fumble away from giving all ground he's gained: he might be the most talented back on the Pats, but Law Firm hasn't fumbled in like 200+ carries, the Pats are 3-1 and Belichick looks at that area as much as any other area.

Also, he's WAY below the 77% threshold in the major .com leagues of NFL, ESPN and Yahoo (less than 20% across the board), so he is out there.

I meant to saiy he is not owned in 77% of leagues. And you could be right about the fumbling but the Pats want their best players getting the ball and the eye test has Ridley looking like the RB you want to own. Hey he's worth a flyer.. each year there are a few player that end up being fantasy free agent gold.... remember Peyton Hillis from last season.

Thoughts on dropping Hunter or Woodhead for Torain/Ridley? Is Frank "Mr. Glass" Gore going to slow down production / disappear during the season? Will Woodhead ever have a consistently fantasy-significant role in NE's offense?

Edited by overworkedirish

lol, that's pretty ignorant.

...to say he's injury-prone? Why? I'm not attacking the guy; he's been on an offense which has consistently depended on his ground game to the point of dangerous overuse. This more often than not leads to a limited shelf-life for an RB. I think Hunter cutting in on the load of carries will do wonders for Gore as a player (though not necessarily in fantasy football). I was interested in others' opinions how much Hunter's slice will be.

Edited by overworkedirish

I meant to saiy he is not owned in 77% of leagues. And you could be right about the fumbling but the Pats want their best players getting the ball and the eye test has Ridley looking like the RB you want to own. Hey he's worth a flyer.. each year there are a few player that end up being fantasy free agent gold.... remember Peyton Hillis from last season.

Gotcha on the 77 - and I haven't seen him fumble, it's just my word of caution. One drop on the carpet and we might not see him for a month. Also, I'd rather have Hunter as well imo, and he's available everywhere as well.

Gotcha on the 77 - and I haven't seen him fumble, it's just my word of caution. One drop on the carpet and we might not see him for a month. Also, I'd rather have Hunter as well imo, and he's available everywhere as well.

Hunter has Gore in front of him.. BGE is no Fank Gore. And BGE recently got stuffed three times at the goal line in addtion to being less explosive a runner (and lower YPC) than Ridley. With woodhead out of the way this is the perfect opportunity for the the coaches to give Ridley even more work and for him to show what he can do.

Hunter has Gore in front of him.. BGE is no Fank Gore. And BGE recently got stuffed three times at the goal line in addtion to being less explosive a runner (and lower YPC) than Ridley. With woodhead out of the way this is the perfect opportunity for the the coaches to give Ridley even more work and for him to show what he can do.

BJGE also has TD runs in 3 of the 4 games, and scored 13 times last season. Future HOF RB Stevan Ridley also got stuffed a few times at the goal line, and that comes from the Pats OLine not playing all that well in SD Situations, which can be attributed to some injury.

Will Ridley contribute and have a few nice games? Probably. Will he become a dependable scorer? Not likely....at least not this year.