[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stevan Ridley - Taking over - Wishful thinking.

RussMan

Niners held McCoy to 19yds rushing and that was with Phi leading big at the half. I dont know what Phily did after the half but if they can check McCoy I'm sure they can check Blunt who plays with an Avg QB with avg. WR corp.

I don't know - the two really couldn't be any more different as runners. McCoy doesn't wear anyone down - he's just shifty. If a D line has great quickness, they're going to shut him down. Blount, on the other hand, relies on inflicting pain on the D line to soften them up so he can run right through/over them in the second half. Did you see the way he just ran through people last week? Indy did just fine with him at the beginning of the game but, come the second half, they wanted to have nothing to do with him.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Woodhead assumedly coming back soon, BJGE's kickass performance, and WRs and RBs on byes, I just can't justify the roster spot for Ridley right now. Words from those more patient? Less patient?

He will join DWill in free agency. I have too many Byes to consider. I got him as a let me see what he does against the Jets pick...well now I know.

Looks like Beli is just more comfortable with BJGE at this point - can't say I blame him, as he tore the Jets to shreds yesterday. There was no reason to f around and try anyone else back there.

I'm giving him 2 more weeks as long as I have healthy starters & then I'm officially done with this project. He may be a worthy of a dynasty roster, but it doesn't look like BB is ready to give him a shot this year barring an injury.

I started Ridley at flex on Sunday. It's a 14-team league, so waiver RBs are thin, and I already grabbed Battle early Sunday morning. The Pats play some poor rushing defenses in mid-November and December (all outdoors in the Northeast), so I'm holding on to him for now.

Seems kind of league/roster dependent as to whether people are willing to keep him.

I won't be, and here's why: Pats Week 6 are playing the Cowboys, who as of Week 5 are ranked 3rd in run defense. Points allowed to running backs they've faced (S Greene/L Tomlinson NYJ, F Gore SF, T Hightower WAS, J Best DET) leaves the ceiling for BJGE alone quite low (say what you will about his breakout against the overrated Jets D). Then the Pats have a Week 7 bye. If I have room to bring him back at that point, I will. But as of now, neither the carries nor the match-ups are there for him.

Edited by overworkedirish

I'm giving him 2 more weeks as long as I have healthy starters & then I'm officially done with this project. He may be a worthy of a dynasty roster, but it doesn't look like BB is ready to give him a shot this year barring an injury.

So I lied... I dropped him for Greg Little this week. :wacko:

So I lied... I dropped him for Greg Little this week. :wacko:

Just heard on local Cleveland news last night that coach Shurmur plans to get Little more work in the Browns offense. I think he moves into a starting role quickly, the other guys (Massoqui, Cribbs, Robiskie) are nothing special. The Browns need to get WR position involved, instead of mostly using TE and RB in the passing game (west coast offense should be doing more bubble screens and those kind of plays).

Just heard on local Cleveland news last night that coach Shurmur plans to get Little more work in the Browns offense. I think he moves into a starting role quickly, the other guys (Massoqui, Cribbs, Robiskie) are nothing special. The Browns need to get WR position involved, instead of mostly using TE and RB in the passing game (west coast offense should be doing more bubble screens and those kind of plays).

Shurmur promoted him to starter 3 days ago.

Shurmur promoted him to starter 3 days ago.

Sorry, missed that he specifically said Little would be the starter, found this from a story on Tuesday

"“We’ll get [Little] in there and get him starting as the ‘X,’ and then typically he plays in the slot when we go to three-receiver sets. … Evan Moore needs to be in there more.”

As the “X,” Little will line up on the opposite side of fellow receiver Mohamed Massaquoi. Josh Cribbs and Brian Robiskie have each started twice in the spot Little is expected to fill. "

Browns Notebook 10-11-11 from Akron Beacon Journal

I put in a $1 bid for Hester and drop Ridley because I need a WR so bad. I thought it was a sure thing until someone got him for $3 which I was shocked about. I had him in the que to pickup some other scrub WR and now I am happy I didn't win Hester. It's funny how fantasy works sometimes.

Jon Stewart has now been moved to the chopping block.