[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shonn Greene

peteteacher2001

No question to bench him. Just accept the fact that if you drop him, you'll never see him again. Do you have any lesser value players you could drop instead? He may come on later in the year and then you'll be miserable. Torain is certainly no guarantee. The prospects for Ridley are better but can you wait the 6 weeks for him to really come into his own?

Way too many of these threads. Greene has been a huge bust, that's given.. but watching the games he never stood a chance. He is getting hit before he even touches the ball. If you caught any of the Ravens game you'd see how bad even Sanchez got beat up. It's an O-Line problem MORE than it is a Greene problem.

He does hesitate sometimes with studder steps before hitting the hole (or lack thereof) but this problem goes deeper, and quite possibly related to the fact pro-bowl lineman Mangold has been out. Rex Ryan claims they're going to go back to the run, because obviously the pass is NOT working. Sanchez is probably the most erratic QB in the league. I'd bench him if you have to, but wouldn't drop him. What else explains last years playoff stint.. it wasn't a fluke. Something else is funky right now that they can straighten out.

If the bye weeks were over, I might cut him, but it's hard to cut a healthy player even if he is under-performing. I don't know that the likes of Torian or Ridley is really the answer either. They have significant risks as well.

Hold him and pray he scores a TD in Week 5, gets on some highlight shows, then shop him.

If anyone is interested in Greene trade value, a la the CJ thread, I managed to shop Greene and Reggie Wayne pre-week 4 to an historically solid owner for Welker. 12-team non-PPR - trade partner lost PManning and JCharles and was desperate for depth. Time will tell.

The Jets once vaunted O line is a mess. Hunter played pretty well in place of Woody at RT last year, but has been a dismal disappointment this year, and Ducasse looks like a draft bust, so the right side of the O line where the Jets used to run the ball is a mess. Add in the fact that Mangold has missed the last 2.75 games and was replaced by a raw rookie (Baxter) who was cut by... was it SD earlier?

Sanchez has been getting drilled. Broken nose, no time to throw, and he misses Cotchery and B Edwards. He doesn't have a good possesion 3rd down WR to throw to. Burress is a red zone guy, Holmes a deep threat and Mason is done. 7 step drops are suicide missions. I don't care if it's LT2, McKnight or Greene, this line can't run block, can't pass block.

Greene hasn't run like he did since that playoff game against the Colts, he is more tentative, and he has to be a power runner or he sucks. If you have to start ANY Jets offensive skill position player this year, yer in trouble. Yep, I'm in trouble too. The O line has taken a dive, only slightly less disasterous as the Steeler's O line.

He's merely bench depth/emergency starter for me. Our waiver wire is barren right now. I mean, I could drop him to try & add Hardesty, but what's the point? That dude is in a time share & their late season schedule looks to be tough. Just gonna hold for now

ive held on to him.....for what reason i dont know

i actually think hes a decent play this week against the pats....mayo is out...and the jets should i think mangold should be back....dont think hes a great play....but i could see him doing pretty good this week

it will be interesting to see how this game plays out....i think the pats are gonna try and pound the ball on the ground more than usual.....but i dunno how the jets are gonna approach this.....bodden and dowling are banged up...and the patriots play soft zone.....so they might wanna try to attack with holmes and burress.....but they keep saying they are gonna get the run game going

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis