[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TB WRs carosel...

Slugs3511

A lot of people took and put a lot of value on Mike Williams of TBay this year after last year and deservedly so....However, this Parker kid is making a case for himself....seemingly targeted more and making plays...He's probably less covered I would assume...I believe he could be a sleeper and great bye week fill in....am I wrong?

Parker is sitting on my waiver wire & I was considering picking him up. What's stopping me is that thought that I know Williams is still a much better player & will eventually start to show it in the stats pushing Parker back to obscurity, surely the week that I would decide to start him. Then again, my thought process could be due to the fact that I drafted Williams and thought so highly of him before the season started. In fact, I considered him a "steal" at 72 overall (mid 5th). Such is the weekly inner debate of the fantasy football owner.

Looking at the draft makes me sad seeing Jimmy Graham, Fred Jackson, Steve Smith and Steve Johnson all go right after that pick. :wacko:

this was 1st full TB gm I've seen and I would agree its Parker because all Freeman does is dink and dunk pass and if he goes deep its usually Benns. I too drafted M. Will but traded him for Wayne not working out either but I think M. William is getting lost in this year. He doesn't look like a burner nor a slot guy (Parker)

I have MWTB and he isnt seeing much due to the fact that the Buc's have no other WR weapons other than Mike so defenses double cover him all day long to prevent the big score. If the rest of the WR's on the team would step it up, they would take the heat off of Mike.

Edited by champ48win

I have MWTB and he isnt seeing much due to the fact that the Buc's have no other WR weapons other than Mke so defenses double cover him all day long to prevent the big score. If the rest of the WR's on the team would step it up, they would take the heat off of Mike.

I agree and think Williams will bounce back in the second half of the season if not sooner.... Though they didn't really have any help around him last year either and the guy still scored 10 TDs, but I don't think they want to just force that issue again vs. a much tougher schedule this year. They want to establish other threats first, IMO.

this was 1st full TB gm I've seen and I would agree its Parker because all Freeman does is dink and dunk pass and if he goes deep its usually Benns. I too drafted M. Will but traded him for Wayne not working out either but I think M. William is getting lost in this year. He doesn't look like a burner nor a slot guy (Parker)

The first full TB game you've seen and now ALL Freeman does is dink and dunk. OK moving on....

Parker has been wide open because teams have to deal with MWTB, Winslow, and Benn. Why not pass to the open guy in the slot?

The first full TB game you've seen and now ALL Freeman does is dink and dunk. OK moving on....

Parker has been wide open because teams have to deal with MWTB, Winslow, and Benn. Why not pass to the open guy in the slot?

thats what I saw, tell me I'm wrong against a pathetic pass D of Indy to boot and all he can do is check down after check down? I think his deepest completion was barely 20yds. They haven't had 1 100yd receiver yet, youd think with a pretty decent running game they could do better then that, its pathetic when the RB has the most reception on your team.

Edited by LB49ers

Sammie Stroughter is the starting slot receiver but has been out with foot surgery and Parker is an undrafted depth guy they brought up to fill in for him. He has had two nice games from the slot but at best he is considered #3 since Williams is the talent getting all the coverage and Benn was their second rounder from last year that they really want to develop but he has been slow coming back from ACL surgery last year.

That is not to say that Parker can keep Stroughter on the sidelines whenever he shows back up. Parker only had 1-11 in week three and 4-44 in the opener. He'll always be inconsistent and pops up when the defense is good enough to cover both Williams and Benn. And as was mentioned, this is a dink-n-dunk offense that is never going to do a lot of passing.

I picked up Parker Preston to start as a plug and play 2 weeks ago when I had couple of injuries. His stats had been consistent, but not spectacular.

He didn't catch a ball. Of course, he scored this week. :wacko:

ETA: According to DMD he did have 1 catch in week 3, but still...

Edited by billay

thats what I saw, tell me I'm wrong against a pathetic pass D of Indy to boot and all he can do is check down after check down? I think his deepest completion was barely 20yds. They haven't had 1 100yd receiver yet, youd think with a pretty decent running game they could do better then that, its pathetic when the RB has the most reception on your team.

If the check down is wide open play after play then why not? You play to win the game, not pad your fantasy team's WR stats...