[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RB Top 10 Going Forward

lawofmurphy

So...if we were redrafting today for the rest of the season...what would your top 10 look like? Here's what I'm thinking...

1. Darren McFadden - I think there are only three or four matchup proof RBs going forward this year and McFadden is one of them. He will kill you in the air or on the ground. I guess the only argument against him would be that his team isn't blazingly great on offense, so maybe the TD numbers will be inconsistent.

2. Arian Foster - Maybe I'm overvaluing the game on Sunday...I know Pitt hasn't been elite against the run this year. But it seems so effortless for him and that offense. If he maintains health, he could easily finish #1.

3. Ray Rice - I dunno...sure. Why not?

4. Ryan Mathews - I'm on board. I'm drinking the kool-aid. I think he has firmly put Tolbert on the backburner. I liked him out of school and I'm ready to say last year's struggles were injury-based.

5. Beanie Wells - It helps that he gets to play the NFC West. And apparently playing the NFC East is a cakewalk too. There's no one else there to get carries and the Cardinals kind of always seem to be in games, even if it ultimately ends in a loss. This might be a bit high, but there are so many flaws with the others.

6. LeSean McCoy - I don't trust McCoy with that coaching staff. I don't know week-to-week whether he's part of the gameplan. He's an awesome talent, but he needs carries.

7. Adrian Peterson - 20-83 against the Chiefs? Seriously? McNabb isn't keeping defenses honest. Much like CJ, Peterson is in a situation where he has to take on 2 or 3 unblocked players every time he runs the ball. It's just not a recipe for success.

8. Matt Forte - I don't really love Forte, but he's proving me wrong so far this year. He's still a dual threat, which makes him harder to gameplan for.

9. LeGarrette Blount - My love of Blount knows no bounds. Take away the coachfail from Week 1 and Blount is averaging 93 rushing yards and a score per game. It's not world-beating, but it's good enough for the top 10.

10. Michael Turner - Boooooooooooooooooooooooooring.

Honorable Mentions - CJ/Fred Jackson...I don't think Sproles is safe enough for the top 10, but it wouldn't surprise me if he finished in or near it. Gore and MJD are right there...if you combined the 3 Redskins RBs, I think you'd get a top 10 back there :wacko:

Am I so very wrong?

Am I so very wrong?

Um...yes?

Assuming everyone stays injury-free:

1. McFadden - even with Bush stealing some TDs, he does enough in the yardage to make up for it.

2. Forte - Faulk 2.0, and without the threat of a passing game; this offense goes thru him, and only him.

3. Rice - beast just not getting the TDs for some reason; that will change as the weather does, and Baltimore needs to run rather than throw.

4. Foster - impact of losing AJ could hurt for the next month as opponents stack 8 in the box, which Foster has never seen

5. McCoy - if the Eagles said "We are giving it to McCoy 17-20 times a game"...he'd be top-3

6. Jackson - wild-card here...he could be higher or lower....he is the main cog in what is proving to be a potent offense

7. Peterson - likely undervalued here, but with McNabb leading that offense, he'll only get so many red zone opportunities

8. Matthews - as long as Tolbert is hawking TDs, he can only get so far on yardage

9. Blount - he may also end up higher now that the TB coaching staff has removed their heads from the asses

10. Johnson - just because, at some point, he'll get himself 2-3 of those 200 yard/3 TD games which will prop up his stats.

Um...yes?

1. McFadden - even with Bush stealing some TDs, he does enough in the yardage to make up for it.

2. Forte - Faulk 2.0, and without the threat of a passing game; this offense goes thru him, and only him.

3. Rice - beast just not getting the TDs for some reason; that will change as the weather does, and Baltimore needs to run rather than throw.

4. Foster - impact of losing AJ could hurt for the next month as opponents stack 8 in the box, which Foster has never seen

5. McCoy - if the Eagles said "We are giving it to McCoy 17-20 times a game"...he'd be top-3

6. Jackson - wild-card here...he could be higher or lower....he is the main cog in what is proving to be a potent offense

7. Peterson - likely undervalued here, but with McNabb leading that offense, he'll only get so many red zone opportunities

8. Matthews - as long as Tolbert is hawking TDs, he can only get so far on yardage

9. Blount - he may also end up higher now that the TB coaching staff has removed their heads from the asses

10. Johnson - just because, at some point, he'll get himself 2-3 of those 200 yard/3 TD games which will prop up his stats.

4 TDs isn't good enough for ya? And in the one he didn't have a TD, he still had 160 total yards and 5 catches... For that reason, I might say that the top 3 are interchangeable right now, but agree with your list otherwise.

I struggle with putting McFadden #1 because Bush seems to be the preferred option near the stripe.

He absolutely does. But when you factor in McFadden's monsterous rushing and receiving totals, and the fact that he will still get 7-10 TDs because he can take it to the house from anywhere on the field....heck, just look who's #1 right now knowing that Bush has already pilfered a handful of TDs.

I don't see any reason for the trend to lose steam.

He absolutely does. But when you factor in McFadden's monsterous rushing and receiving totals, and the fact that he will still get 7-10 TDs because he can take it to the house from anywhere on the field....heck, just look who's #1 right now knowing that Bush has already pilfered a handful of TDs.

I don't see any reason for the trend to lose steam.

McFadden has 50 yards more than Mathews, one touchdown more, with four less receptions. And that's with Mathews getting 12 carries in each of his first two games, before Mathews took the job. Kind of odd that Tolbert limits Mathews, but Bush doesn't with McFadden.

1. Rice- Beast O Line/FB, and offense runs through him.

2. Forte- Faulk 2.0 is the truth.

3. Mcfadden- Man against boys out there. We all know he is going to get injured soon though. Matter of time.

4. AP- Guy doesn't need an offensive line or QB to put up 100 a game.

5. Fred Jackson- I watched him week 3. Looked like a robot in the 4 quarter. just amazing.

6. Foster- Hamstrings linger.

7. McCoy- Great athlete, but Eagles defense looks terrible, and you pass to catch up.

8. Turner- Julio is unleashed, and defense are going to have to respect him now.

9. Blount- Just plowed over guys left and right.

10. Sproles- Yep, that just happened. I would love to see Chris Johnson vs Sproles in a foot race. Sproles makes my HD tv blur.

1. Rice (consistency is king in FF and I think he will be the most consistent of all week in and week out)

2. Foster (Has the best run blocking O-line in the biz and is motivated to get a big contract)

3. McFadden (Monster ability, but injuries will always be a concern)

4, Forte (He's playing the best football in his career right now. No reason for that to change.)

5. AP (He's just too damn good for me to drop him out of my top 5. Minn will improve as the season goes on, right?)

6. Mathews (He's currently 5th in scoring at the position and touches should only go up going forward)

7. McCoy (Andy Ried is what scares me most about McCoy. There's no doubting Shady's talent)

8. F-Jax (One of the most underrated football players on the planet. He can do it all).

9. CJ2K (Rounding into shape, and that team in general is better than anyone expected)

10. BWells (I was hesitent to put him on this list, but he has no competition for carries. As long as he's healthy he will be top 10).

Edited by Capt. Stanky

McFadden has 50 yards more than Mathews, one touchdown more, with four less receptions. And that's with Mathews getting 12 carries in each of his first two games, before Mathews took the job. Kind of odd that Tolbert limits Mathews, but Bush doesn't with McFadden.

I've seen Tolbert in on plays all over the field....from their own 20 to the goalline. Bush, on the other hand, may spell McFadden here or there, but his main use is inside the 5 yard line. And to your point about Matthews "taking the job"...I don't buy it. Week 3, Tolbert was hurt, so Matthews got a ton of work. This past week we saw a quasi-return to normal. Norv knows this team is heading to the postseason, and he'll make use of both RBs through the year....whereas the Raiders know they have to lean on McFadden as much as possible (except at the goalline).

I look at Tolbert as a much bigger threat to Matthews than I do Bush to McFadden.

Yeh, Beanie isn't not top 10, nor even top 15 the rest of he way. He's got SF 2x, a trip to Baltimore & a home game off their BYE vs. Pitt yeah, I know, they've been run on, but I can't compare Beanie/AZ o-line to Foster/Texans o-line. Plus his fantasy playoff schedule doesn't set-up well

My PPR top-10:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Ray Rice

3. Darren McFadden

4. LeSean McCoy

5. Matt Forte

6. Maurice Jones-Drew

7. Peyton Hillis

8. Arian Foster

9. Fred Jackson

10. Steven Jackson

Um...yes?

This.

Do you guys remember Marshall Faulk? To say Forte is Faulk 2.0 is dis-respectful to Faulk. Maybe Faulk .5, but not 2.0. Not the same talent or team around him.

:wacko: I don't think me or JUM were intimating that Forte is better than Faulk. And yes, I do remember him.

The 2.0 moniker is more to do with the latest version of this type of pass-catching RB.

:wacko: I don't think me or JUM were intimating that Forte is better than Faulk. And yes, I do remember him.

The 2.0 moniker is more to do with the latest version of this type of pass-catching RB.

Faulk and Forte are also linked by their Offensive coordinator Mike Martz