[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jackie Battle - KC RB

Cunning Runt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like he is worth a flier this week if you have roster space... Not to start, but to stash and hope. There certain is opportunity there for someone to step up and be a bruising RB. Thomas Jones looks done.

I'm having some second thoughts on Battle, just based on how poorly I see Thomas Jones is doing. Battle may at least get a chance here with no other real competition. McCluster is too smallish to be a goalline or every down back. If I can get him cheap and find some room to stash him we'll see. He is big and fast, but in the limited opportunity he's had has not shown much of anything for playmaking ability thus far in his career.

Had Battle in as a starter with Sproles all week...just went to MFL to change to Ingram and a second later said, nah, leave in Battle....tried to change back to Battle and MFL wouldn't let me...missed by 3 seconds to change him out :wacko:

The kid was running hard today, much more effective than T Jones. He went down right before the game ended and needed med staff attention. He got back up and was smiling, holding his ear, think we just got his bell slightly rung.

I know it’s the Indy D but they may have found a little something there in Battle.

And this is why I scan the message boards, Battle wasn't on my radar but went on my roster bench as Crotch Doc and the Rockets picked him up on the cheap in high stakes FFPC as shot in the dark RBs are really hard to come by.

Edited by bushwacked

I picked him up off the wire today. Read some snippets suggesting he's in line for more work. Anybody have any insight or comment on this guy or his prospects. I know nothing about him.

Yer all welcome. :tup:

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then eh?

Glad it worked out and here's to hoping it continues.

:wacko:

Edited by keggerz

Really?

I didn't know anything about him, but I saw that he got the carries to close out the game the previous week. I also know Jones' best days are behind him and that McCluster is too small.

I put those things together and added him before all the hype and asked questions later. Kind feel like my initial thread brought his name to a lot of people's attention while at the same time trying to learn a bit more about him myself. So ya, I don't think my lack of knowledge of him negates the hunch I had.

I could just have easily said "hey guys, you might want to be on the lookout for this guy" but I thought I'd accomplish the same thing by asking about him in a less arrogant way.

Truth is though, I did see this guy emerging based on nothing more than his carries and when he got them last week as well as knowing what the Chiefs RB situation was. Also didn't know anything about him.

Really?

I didn't know anything about him, but I saw that he got the carries to close out the game the previous week. I also know Jones' best days are behind him and that McCluster is too small.

I put those things together and added him before all the hype and asked questions later. Kind feel like my initial thread brought his name to a lot of people's attention while at the same time trying to learn a bit more about him myself. So ya, I don't think my lack of knowledge of him negates the hunch I had.

I could just have easily said "hey guys, you might want to be on the lookout for this guy" but I thought I'd accomplish the same thing by asking about him in a less arrogant way.

Truth is though, I did see this guy emerging based on nothing more than his carries and when he got them last week as well as knowing what the Chiefs RB situation was. Also didn't know anything about him.

:tup:

Alright Alright

U da man!!

^^^ Haha I was thinking the same thing when I read thru this thread.

Well, I guess next time I want to tip you all off to something I think has a chance to turn into something I'll either scream it at the top of my lungs or more likely not say anything because people clearly don't appreciate when a name is called to their attention.

I was trying to be self-deprecating.

That's cool. I know it's tough sledding fishing for compliments, which admittedly is what I was doing.

Edited by Cunning Runt

Picked him up 3 minutes before the 1:00 games started today. Didn't start him, but at least he's on my roster!!! Thanks for all the insight from the members on this thread. Made my decision easy!

Edited by Potman

The kid has always run hard, but he's had problems fumbling. I had no choice ion a couple leagues but to pick him up and start him. I probably wouldn't have if they would have been playing against a better run D, but it worked out!

I watched the game, and there wasn't any off, slow, or non-burst runs by Battle. He looks 100 times faster than Jones, and I think he will see 12-16 carries a game going forward. I think the guy is worthy of a spot and even a start until he produces a couple weeks in a row.

He runs a lot like Larry Johnson, who benefited from that great O-line.

Not saying our o-line is great, but his style is pretty similar.

Really?

I hear you. I had no idea who he was, but after reading stories that may or may not have come out had this thread not get started, there's no way I pick him up in any of my leagues. But I grabbed him in the one I could spare a roster spot in and, provided he keeps this up, may allow me to either trade him or another RB for an upgrade elsewhere.

Thanks for bringing it up.