[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jackie Battle - KC RB

Cunning Runt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put those things together and added him before all the hype and asked questions later. Kind feel like my initial thread brought his name to a lot of people's attention while at the same time trying to learn a bit more about him myself. So ya, I don't think my lack of knowledge of him negates the hunch I had.

I agree. I saw this thread today and it was an interesting read.

Damn...never opened this thread even though I saw it before Sunday-kicking myself now. Just assumed it was too far of a long shot to warrant looking at. Stupid me.....

But he is still available. I play in blind-bidding league with $100 per team. 13 team league, how much do you think he is worth out of a $100 budget ( I have $70 left right now)

I just have a hard time buying into the hype so quickly. Ive seen the hype on Helu, Torain, Ridley and several others and have yet to see any pan out. This guy will be playing from behind 95% of the time and is on a terrible offense with 2 other rb options. (Sorry for the negativity)

Does anyone else see this as a similar situation to what Blount had last year in Tampa Bay? A struggling run game gives a chance to a guy deep on the depth chart and he produces. I'm not saying they're exactly the same, but similar circumstances. I can see this guy definately deserving more carries after his preformance on Sunday.

Does anyone else see this as a similar situation to what Blount had last year in Tampa Bay? A struggling run game gives a chance to a guy deep on the depth chart and he produces. I'm not saying they're exactly the same, but similar circumstances. I can see this guy definately deserving more carries after his preformance on Sunday.

Like Tampa last year KC is a team struggling to find an identity. Haley is a run first coach and the Chiefs have been a run first team. Without the threat of Charles they needed to get back to letting the interior lineman gash the middle and open lanes between the tackles instead of setting the edge for Charles. McCluster is not a between the tackles runner and T.Jones is 33 with a ton of mileage(he's done) and no juice(he's done). Haley knows they need to run to set up the pass as Cassell is limited in the throws he can make but can be a solid game manager. The Chiefs still have a middle of the road O-line but played much better than expected last year and some of the names on the schedule aren't as scary against the run as many expected. From what I saw of Battle over the last couple of weeks he seems slow to get to top end speed but he has enough power to run through tackles, easily breaks arm tackles and falls forward for extra yardage. If he's hungry (and you've got to think he is) he could make a splash. Every season 1 or 2 show up late who can be difference makers at the RB spot. He's a guy I was more than willing to take a shot based on measurables 6'2'' 240lb. sub 4.5 /40 and he helped get me a win in my 14 teamer. Haley has no alllegiance to McCluster, he was Weiss's project and Thomas Jones is so out of gas it's not even funny and it's hard to argue with 21 touches for 140 yards. :wacko:

He's looking like a good guy to have for spot matchups. I tried to acquire him prior to Sunday's game from the guy whose had him for a few weeks now in my league but no dice. As stated previously KC is a run first team, though he will share the load some with at least McCluster getting some carries. I wouldn't expect the kind of results week to week that he produced against the lowly colts defense, but against weaker teams and defenses he's probably a good bet for points.

• 2 weeks later...

KC homers, has Battle been getting a majority of the carries in practice since his big game or has he been splitting reps with Jones and McCluster? I tried looking for some info but couldn't find anything. He looks like a good bye week fill in this week. I'm just wondering if Haley is going to be giving him a majority of the carries. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking because I picked him up in two leagues, but I just don't see how this works out any other way than him being a borderline bell-cow going forward.

Rewind:

1) They put him in late in a game that they were trying to ice and he got them some needed 1st downs

2) They heap praise upon him for doing that and say they want to give him more reps

3) They do so and he rewards them with 100+ yards on less than 20 carries

4) They have a bye week to dial him in

5) The other options are a guy who is too small and a guy who is too old. Battle, meanwhile is both big and young.

How does this not add up to 20 touches a game going forward? What else does the kid have to show them? It's not like he's trying to unseat a proven stud or something.

Perhaps this is just wishful thinking because I picked him up in two leagues, but I just don't see how this works out any other way than him being a borderline bell-cow going forward.

Rewind:

1) They put him in late in a game that they were trying to ice and he got them some needed 1st downs

2) They heap praise upon him for doing that and say they want to give him more reps

5) The other options are a guy who is too small and a guy who is too old. Battle, meanwhile is both big and young.

How does this not add up to 20 touches a game going forward? What else does the kid have to show them? It's not like he's trying to unseat a proven stud or something.

All true, but at this point last year Thomas Jones was keeping Jamaal Charles on the sidelines. I wouldn't bet big money against him doing the same with Jackie Battle. I was all over Battle in my two leagues as well, and the odds have to be in favor of him getting a healthy number of carries, but this is Todd Haley, and he has/had a thing for Thomas Jones, so I'm gonna hold my breath for a few weeks.

Rewind:

Not that young. Just sayin...

Jackie Battle

RB | # 26 | Kansas City

Eligibility: RB

Ht/Wt: 6-2/238 | Age: 28 (10/01/1983) | Exp: 4

Career stats:

Rushing

Year Team G Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM

2011 Kansas City Chiefs 5 29 5.8 156 5.4 31.2 0 24 8 27.6 1 0 0

2010 Kansas City Chiefs 16 20 1.2 50 2.5 3.1 1 7 7 35.0 0 0 0

2009 Kansas City Chiefs 5 7 1.4 21 3.0 4.2 0 12 3 42.9 0 0 0

2008 Kansas City Chiefs 9 -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

2007 Kansas City Chiefs 3 14 4.7 47 3.4 15.7 1 6 3 21.4 0 0 0

TOTAL 38 70 1.8 274 3.9 7.2 2 24 21 30.0 1 0 0

Undrafted guy with 31 carries over a three year period? Maybe he's about to blow up big, but it seems to me we may have seen/heard a little more about him by now if he is a legit talent? Chefs still figure to be losing in most games this year, no? :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass

Career stats:

Undrafted guy with 31 carries over a three year period? Maybe he's about to blow up big, but it seems to me we may have seen/heard a little more about him by now if he is a legit talent? Chefs still figure to be losing in most games this year, no? :wacko:

agree.

Career stats:

Well, like Fred Jackson, not much wear on the tires, so he's a young 28 the way Jackson is a young 30 something.

I'm not saying that he's the next great thing, but rather that I can't see much reason why the Chiefs don't give him the lion's share of the carries. What he does with them, is anyone's guess. But he's been the most effective back of the three they have back there right now. Why would they bother getting him more in the mix to begin with if they weren't planning on rewarding what he's done with more carries?

The Chiefs O-line isn't terrible and they don't have a RB. They will give this guy a shot and see what happens. The experimentc come to end 2 minutes into the game or you can have a decent spot play fantasy starter.

The Chiefs have stepped up their passing game a bit and he faces a team that has been pretty weak against the run. In a bye week, he is worth a roll of the dice IMHO.

KC still has the passing game somewhat effective...espcially now that Cassel is looking Breaston's way too. As one said earlier...the O-line isn't bad at all. I think he def gets the starting load...and the raiders with QB issues, I see a good game where KC can potentially catch Oakland off guard and make the big plays

Im starting him over Torain which still has me :wacko:

but I like the Chiefs in this match-up and Battle to get a good share of snaps...Jones is running on fumes, gotta think he's done after this season

I'm rolling with Jackie in two leagues ... of course when you see my options you'll see why:

League 1: Battle, Greene, Ingram, McGahee, Starks

League 2: Addai, Battle, Bensen, Gore, Hillis

:wacko:

I would hope Battle can do what McGahee has done this season. Who are you rolling with Battle and Ingram/McGahee?

Career stats:

Undrafted guy with 31 carries over a three year period? Maybe he's about to blow up big, but it seems to me we may have seen/heard a little more about him by now if he is a legit talent? Chefs still figure to be losing in most games this year, no? :tup:

Yeah, I guess the last time an undrafted RB made a splash was a long time ago. :wacko: You'd have to go back a full year in the distant past to Blount who had a pretty solid 2nd half of the season. The RB position in the NFL is about talent undoubtedly, but talent without opportunity can go unseen. Based on a 21 touch 140 yd performance, I think he's worth a shot and apparently so does his OC :lol:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21/32220...s#ixzz1bWTylFdL

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Yeah, I guess the last time an undrafted RB made a splash was a long time ago. :wacko: You'd have to go back a full year in the distant past to Blount who had a pretty solid 2nd half of the season. The RB position in the NFL is about talent undoubtedly, but talent without opportunity can go unseen. Based on a 21 touch 140 yd performance, I think he's worth a shot and apparently so does his OC :tup:

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/21/32220...s#ixzz1bWTylFdL

One thing in his favor is that he is not Clinton Portis. Also Blount is a good example, he was my rb2 and got me in the playoffs after a long RB drought and several losses.

Edited by Scorcher