[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson out 2-3 weeks after procedure

Chloroform Rx

I'm 5-2 and 5-2 in the leagues I own AJ, but I want him back like all of you.

But here is what I'm thinking: Houston's next two games are at home against Jacksonville and Cleveland, and I think they can win both without him. Even if AJ is ready to return or close to it, I could see them sitting him for at least one more week. :wacko::tup: Just my two cents.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruh roh, a repeat of what happened in 2008 might be happening. And no, Andre didn't get hurt in 2008, that was 2007. 2008 was the last time Henry Muto didn't win a championship. (assuming all his leagues are in his sig, which probably isn't the case)

Henry Muto wins every championship - he merely chooses to tell you about *some* of them.

I'm 5-2 and 5-2 in the leagues I own AJ, but I want him back like all of you.

But here is what I'm thinking: Houston's next two games are at home against Jacksonville and Cleveland, and I think they can win both without him. Even if AJ is ready to return or close to it, I could see them sitting him for at least one more week. :wacko::tup: Just my two cents.

I think he goes this week. The Texans are only 4-3. If they can get a difference maker back that can help them win a few games, then I think they are going to do it. The Texans are 1-2 with him on the sidelines. If he is 70-80%, I believe he will go.

Yeah after JAX beat BAL last night, I think he will be a go if he's physically able. My only concern is his being used merely as a decoy.

I was thinking the same thing when I read the post saying the Texans can beat Jags & Browns without him. I really don't think NFL teams think like that.

Total Access on NFLN showed a chunk of Texans practice with the WRs catching lazy lob balls. AJ was sooooo tentative compared to Jacoby Jones' tempo.

(I can't believe Kubiak is OK with that footage being shown, btw)

So.... You are implying that Jacoby Jones can both catch AND have tempo? :wacko:

Total Access on NFLN showed a chunk of Texans practice with the WRs catching lazy lob balls. AJ was sooooo tentative compared to Jacoby Jones' tempo.

(I can't believe Kubiak is OK with that footage being shown, btw)

he doesn't want anyone to know how Andre is moving....so have him run like a cripple...

Per KFFL:

Texans | Andre Johnson felt tugging in leg

Wed, 26 Oct 2011 19:35:28 -0700

Updating a previous report, Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) said Wednesday, Oct. 26, that he felt some tugging in his leg during practice when trying to open up his stride. Johnson said cutting and route running did not bother him, however. "I wouldn't say I felt great (today)," Johnson said. "I didn't feel how I expected I would feel."

Texans | More on Andre Johnson

Wed, 26 Oct 2011 20:51:45 -0700

Updating a previous report, the Houston Texans think they will know Thursday, Oct. 27, whether WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) will be available to play in the Week 8 game against the Jacksonville Jaguars or not.

http://www.thehuddle.com/fantasy_football_news.php

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) probably will be a game-time decision for Week 8. Johnson practiced Thursday, Oct. 27. "I felt a lot better in practice," said Johnson, "but not where I want to be."

Huddle Up: Johnson is one of the few players in the NFL where the final decision is totally up to him without pressure from coaches or management. In 2007 when Johnson hurt his knee it was supposed to three-to-five weeks. When the fifth week was up, Johnson had been teasing us with practices but ended up missing two more weeks and an additional bye week before returning vs. the Saints in Week 11.

Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson (hamstring) did not participate in practice Friday, Oct. 28, and head coach Gary Kubiak said Johnson will not play Week 8.

Huddle Up: Surgically repaired hamstrings need more than three or four weeks, so no one should be shocked here. Jacoby Jones will start vs. the Jaguars. Johnson might have a good chance to play in Week 9, but now you have to worry about his recovery time being sandwiched into the Week 11 bye.

Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson estimated Friday, Oct. 28, that his hamstring is at 70-75 percent right now. 'Who wants to go out on the field and see a half-speed Andre Johnson?' Johnson said. 'That's not a good thing. You'll be out there hurting your team when you can have somebody out there who can go out there and give it all they got and make plays for you.'

Huddle Up: Well, which is it Andre? He said "70-75 percent" and "half-speed" in the same breath. This is very disconcerting to hear for Johnson-owners, who were given the impression he was near 100 percent a few days ago. Furthermore, if Johnson doesn't play in Week 9 then it won't make sense for him to play in Week 10 right before the bye.

Houston Texans WR Andre Johnson estimated Friday, Oct. 28, that his hamstring is at 70-75 percent right now. 'Who wants to go out on the field and see a half-speed Andre Johnson?' Johnson said. 'That's not a good thing. You'll be out there hurting your team when you can have somebody out there who can go out there and give it all they got and make plays for you.'

Huddle Up: Well, which is it Andre? He said "70-75 percent" and "half-speed" in the same breath. This is very disconcerting to hear for Johnson-owners, who were given the impression he was near 100 percent a few days ago. Furthermore, if Johnson doesn't play in Week 9 then it won't make sense for him to play in Week 10 right before the bye.

why would he of practiced on Wednesday and Thursday if he wasn only 75% It looked like he had a chance to play this week and now this. This one injury is destroying my team and after going 4-0 I might not even make the playoffs now.