[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where will Cam Newton rank by seasons end?

scuba chuck

Despite Cam Newton's poor showing in the Win/Loss column he has been a prolific fantasy player.

In my league after four weeks, Cam is among the top four scorers to date, specifically:

1) Rodgers - 136.6

2) Welker - 136.5

3) Newton - 135.1

4) Brady - 133.7

Brees and Stafford fall in next at 13 and 25 points behind Brady respectively.

Mix in Newton has had his "bad" game already, showing that he can maintain a high level of play and is yet human. Yet to be proven is whether Newton is durable and able to physically withstand a 16 game NFL season (unlike Stafford). There's no denying that he's throwing to an elite proven receiver, and that he is a talented runner, so it's not unfathomable that Newton will continue to be a very productive fantasy QB.

theHuddle ranked Cam Newton as the 29th best fantasy QB selection before the season. According to their "Rest of Season Rankings" section, Newton has moved to 18th (Week 2), 14 (Week 3), 13 (Week 4), and now 8 (Week 5). In fact here's the Week 5 list through Newton:

1 Tom Brady

2 Aaron Rodgers

3 Drew Brees

4 Philip Rivers

5 Matthew Stafford

6 Michael Vick

7 Tony Romo

8 Cam Newton

So here's my question. If YOU had to redraft your fantasy team for the rest of the year right now, where would you rank Newton? What QBs would you pick ahead of Newton?

Hmm.. I think I would have to rank him right below Vick, so:

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Vick

4. Newton

5. Brees

That would be my top 5 @ QB in a redraft. Newton and Brees are interchangeable at 4/5, but Newton would definitely be top 5.

Only Rogers & Brady, close call with Brees. If he had the kind of weapons that Rogers/Brady/Vick have, maybe even higher.

"...able to physically withstand..."? Sure, he's 6'5", 250 lbs, tough like Rothlisberger. But all QB's are subject to injury, and he runs the ball a lot, and doesn't slide, he tries to run over you. He has the skills, just would love to see what he could do with more WR weapons.

Edited by SecondString