[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Projections, Rankings

skhyatt

They are always updated after the injury report comes out on Friday and occasionally on either THU or SAT if something dramatic happens.

If you just look back at any of the previous weeks you can see it.

• 3 weeks later...
What exactly do they base these projections on? They have Rice as 36.20 coming off his horrible Jacksonsville MNF performance.

Not to be flip, but projections are for what is coming up, not what just happened. And not even the HC can explain why they only gave Rice 8 carries. It was just a weird game where the Ravens came out playing flat and could do nothing on offense. Flacco did almost nothing in the game until late. That game is a huge aberration from what to expect or rely on.

Last two home games for Rice (rush, rcv):

NYJ - 25-66 TD, 2-64 for total of 130 yards TD

HOU - 23-101, 5-60 for total of 161 yards

The Cards bring in the weakest rushing defense they have yet faced.

On the road, the Cards have allowed this:

WAS - 31-177, 5-52 for total of 229 RB yards

SEA - 25-105, 2-3 for total of 108 and SEA is the worst team in the NFL at rushing

MIN - 32-156 3 TD, 2-25 for total of 181 yards and 3 TDs

So I give Rice 80 TD rush, 50 rcv.

I would be almost disappointed if that was all he did because that is more of his floor than his ceiling to me. This is probably the easiest matchup Rice will have and so far:

1 PIT 149 total yards 2 TD

2 @TEN 96 yards 1 TD

3 @STL 164 yards

4 NYJ 130 yards 1 TD

6 HOU 161 yards

7 @JAC 63 yards

Throw the JAC game out - it is not the rule but the exception.

DMD,

I for one appreciate your explanation and the tact with which you delivered it. Some of these people say the dumbest things. Maybe this guy should just drop Rice if he thinks his production is going to be like that MNF game the rest of the season.

PS Nice to see you've finally realized that Megatron will not score 2 TDs every week :wacko: