[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Collusion? What to do?

P3R3

So in a friends league 10 team standard scoring a trade just went through that has me thinking its collusion.

5th place 2-2 team trades with dead last 0-4 team. They are buddies and live in NYC, far away from the rest of our group in LA.

Give:

Cam Newton

Get:

Roddy White

Matt Ryan

Brandon Jacobs

I guess it didn't get vetoed and the 0-4 team is our commissioner. I know two of us vetoed the trade, but it still went through.

Rosters (Post Trade):

Team A:

QB Michael Vick (Phi - QB)

WR Greg Jennings (GB - WR)

WR Hines Ward (Pit - WR)

WR Roddy White (Atl - WR)

RB Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG - RB)

RB Michael Turner (Atl - RB)

TE Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)

W/R/T LeGarrette Blount (TB - RB)

K Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)

DEF New England (NE - DEF)

Team B:

QB Cam Newton (Car - QB)

WR Mike Wallace (Pit - WR)

WR Eric Decker (Den - WR)

WR Denarius Moore (Oak - WR)

RB James Starks (GB - RB)

RB Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)

TE Jermichael Finley (GB - TE)

W/R/T Mike Williams (TB - WR)

K Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)

DEF Philadelphia (Phi - DEF)

There's really no way to call this one collusion. It seems like a fair trade to me. Some folks don't think you have to have a stud QB to win. You can get by with a serviceable QB like Matt Ryan. Roddy White has huge upside considering he was incredible last season. This trade is fair to me.

A scenario like Cam Netwon for Kyle Orton - now that would make me suspicious. The 0-4 team is smart to try something new cause things aren't working now.

Newton: 30.9 ppg

White:15.5

Jacobs:10.38

Ryan: 19.54

seems to me it's alittle unfair, something like Newton for White/Ryan would be more fair, but you can't say it's collusion. With all the hype Newton has some people would be willing to give up a lot(like in this case) to get him.

What Would Cunning Do?

He'd probably side with the commish here, because obviously anyone who's risen to the prestigous role of basically being league-bitch, must surely know better than the common peasants what's best for everyone else's teams.

If they're colluding here, then they're not that good at it... Or maybe they're so good, they were able to make it look like they weren't doing it, by making a trade that looks acceptable. These could be some real shady characters you're dealing with to pull off a legitimately fair trade like that.

seems to me it's alittle unfair, something like Newton for White/Ryan would be more fair, but you can't say it's collusion. With all the hype Newton has some people would be willing to give up a lot(like in this case) to get him.

You can not use ppg when comparing two different possessions !!

If you are going to try and use them then you have to do it like this

Newton's ppg is xx ppg above or below average QB

White's ppg game is xx ppg above or below average WR

that is not even correct but gives you a better gauge

because in many leagues especially 6pts per passing TD

5th tier QB will out score the a 1st tier RB or WR

If anybody here expects Newton to keep up this ridiculous pace, you are nuts. Perfect time to buy low on White/Ryan as Turner is averaging a measly 2.something Per Carry. I think the new Ryan/White owner is the smart one in this trade.

If any trade I ever did got vetoed, I would leave the league immediately.

Collusion does happen, but it looks A LOT worse than this trade does. If you let an owner play in your league, you have to let him run his team as he sees fit. Judge your own team, and leave him to judging his.

I wish guys who start these threads were somehow obliged to share the "findings" with their league mates rather than only doing so when it fits their opinion.

In other words, don't be a dooosh. If this is collusion, it's the kind that could so easily backfire. Sure, Newton is not likely to keep it up, but why not? They can't stop anyone and the kid is a freak.

What makes you think collusion? The fact that you think it is unbalanced? We all have our own opinions of player values, yours is not 'better' than theirs.

This...nothing wrong with that trade. The only problem with anything you put forth is that two people vetoed it in the first place.

Well, I think giving up Newton for only White/Ryan based on those numbers would not be smart. You have to look at who he is benching/dropping for Jacobs and White, too. One player worth x is never the same value as two players combined worth x, because that one player worth x, plus pretty much any random player capable of scoring points (y) is more valuable on your roster than the two combined scoring x.

x+y > x; unless y is a negative number, of course. :P

Edited by yilduz

I fail to see the problem here. An owner with a 3-1 record in one of my leagues put Cam on the block seeking RB/WR help (Brees is his other QB). I'm 0-4, and offered him Blount, Schaub, and Julio Jones in return. I have R White and would consider placing him in the mix, in place of Jones.

I do this because I have Foster, and would like to pair Cam with him as my keeper for next season. Perhaps I may still make a little noise this year, too. We'll see what comes back (if anything).

So, I think this deal is right in line with the one I'm considering. Maybe I'm giving a little more than I would if I'm 4-0, but with the keeper rules in my league, and in my current situation (would have to go 7-2 to get into the playoffs in all likelyhood), I'm doing the right thing IMO.

He'd probably side with the commish here, because obviously anyone who's risen to the prestigous role of basically being league-bitch, must surely know better than the common peasants what's best for everyone else's teams.

You wanna piece of me? Is that it? :wacko: